Sign in to follow this  
Bart

True Freedom

Who would you kill? 

Would you hide inside, raise your guards and lock your door?

Would you take revenge on that neighbour who cut down that oak tree all those years ago?

Would you attack your neighbour who always has better stuff than you in hopes that you can get some of it for yourself?

Scenario 1 (I'm on Chaos in Kyara)

No one.

I'd already be inside and the walls are high enough, no one is getting in and I'm not coming out unless asked nicely.

No need, my neighbors are friendly.

That would leave a bad mark on my loyalty to my kingdom

Scenario 2 (I'm on Freedom at my deed)

Anyone that attempts to attack me.

Probably not, I'd go about my business as usual... maybe.

I have enough skill to not care about petty things.

No, but I'd raid his place just for fun... maybe.

I'm sure if something like this happened we'd get a rollback though.

*In Rolf's poll thread, the PVE playerbase ultimately chose to abandon the 2 homeservers for new land. The main reason behind that choice was because most people felt they had "scarred" their area in the month or so that limited PVP was enabled, that they would rather just start anew than to have to do all the work to revert their deeds into open spaces instead of lockdown prisons.

I don't remember this poll, but I think I may have voted for a new server. I regret it if I did, because I never got to finish exploring JKh. :(

Exiles Gate,

Akhenaten (or whatever)

Black Dog Isle

The Howl.

Maple Island.

Hayclion 

mystery glade

green dog

Puzzle Plaza

Freedom Market

Anything by bachus

Anything by Lumpygravy 

You would raid Akhenaten  :angry:

Be sure to be on my list too now

draining a bunch of deeds that are purely set up for traders and catapulting the 3x3 traderhouse.. yes, i would totally do that :P

Exiles Gate,

Akhenaten (or whatever)

Black Dog Isle

The Howl.

Maple Island.

Hayclion 

mystery glade

green dog

Puzzle Plaza

Freedom Market

Anything by bachus

Anything by Lumpygravy 

Why Hayclion? O.o i assume you mean Halcyon hehe, (the place west of FM) but why that is my home we are peaceful i don't even know you. Hehe. I assume you have something against the original bunch of Halcyon people (Snoo founded it), they all left ages ago. It's me and Transluscent (main builder of the kinoss canal and my mayor) pretty much + 2 new players who joined recently

As for what i would do, i would probably call all my friends and start a massive freedom carebear-ish alliance that is very defensive but rarely attacks. I would probably start by calling Smejack,Headhunter,Redi,Tich and Co who are north of me. You guys would help me right? ;)  Apart from that there are mainly newbs and people who arent very good at fighting around me, im one of if not the only active guy who can easily solo trolls, and the one that usually clears them out if STs don't get too them. So i would be relatively safe, any trouble makers would be lured into the very old halcyon mines and be lost forever. Oh and i would probably go into mass production mode of 80ql Chain armour and Shields to distribute to friends in large amounts.

Edited by Blob

Once I'd logged off the alts with all the valuable stuff I'd roam around killing people who were raiding or PvPing.

''Oh, looks like the affinities are fully grown and ready for harvest!''

• Like 1

id plant a willow in someone's fruit farm

HHHAUAHAUHEHA

I will help you Mwahahahaha

To the poster, there is already a good server with a decent community to allow all of your thoughts. It's called Chaos, formerly known as Wild. Or, if you don't want the harder grind on skills, go to epic. But Freedom should be left alone. Although, as a side note I think mayors of deeds there should have more rights when their land, which they pay for, is griefed. 

I'll leave it there.

To the poster, there is already a good server with a decent community to allow all of your thoughts. It's called Chaos, formerly known as Wild. Or, if you don't want the harder grind on skills, go to epic. But Freedom should be left alone. Although, as a side note I think mayors of deeds there should have more rights when their land, which they pay for, is griefed. 

I'll leave it there.

Erm... i'm guessing you didnt read the bold that this isnt a suggestion at all, just a bit of fun, seeing what people would do in said situation... or the post that says i play both epic and freedom and see value in both.

on a side note, my first act would be to unleash any penned uniques i could find

Please note, this is no way a suggestion, this is just idle speculation and more than a little interest in what people would do

You have total freedom to raid and kill until the devs recover from their hangover and realise their mistake.

Remember, this is just fun speculation 

I'd immediately log off, and not return until there was a revert AND a rollback.  If no rollback, then I would never be back.  

Edited by Amadee

Everyone that ever annoyed me would have to suffer in one way or another. Murder, mayhem, gloating, creative terraforming so it's never forgotten etc. Would probably need a very long hangover because my list is long and it's hard to prioritise amongst so many terrible people.

Can this be my Christmas present please?

I would inmediate come to the forum to see all the ragequit posts (who will return in a couple of weeks anyway), and I would obviously rely on my neighbros for protection (unless they are the ones raiding me!)

I'd be VERY glad I'm in a Chaos PMK and thus can't see gl-Freedom. I would also probably feign a sudden bout of RL issues resulting in me not being able to GM for a couple of weeks. That, or only play on my accounts that don't have views of GM channels etc :P

Man, I would not want to be involved in that situation in any way, shape, or form!

• Like 4

Whenever the Home server invasions come up, you never hear about the difficulties that Wild raiders had.

We were caught completely unprepared, and had to really scramble to get going!

It was hard times.

*Sigh*

I would guess the overwhelming majority of Freedom isles players would do absolutely nothing differently, except adopting a defensive posture against the inevitable griefer minority.

Why? Because the reason we're on Freedom servers is that we aren't interested in killing people and wrecking or taking their stuff. Shocking, I know...

And another dose of reality - assuming it was a mistake, taking advantage would legally be an exploit. You would likely see a rollback afterwards as another suggested. And if not a mistake? Probably the only thing that would convince me to leave wurm.

As for revenge? Nobody on a freedom server has ever even irritated me enough to so much as make a rude emote at them... it really isn't a very confrontational place...

heh klaa, it wasn't that difficult for some of you, we had people from wild camped on the hill outside of newtown with a longbow and a spyglass killing players as they spawned at the token less than 3 hours after the servers came back up...

If rolf were ever insane enough to make that mistake again I would walk away from the game without looking back, and so would a lot of other players.

• Like 1

there is a line between "What if..." and the scenario indeed happening.

i assume this thread is supposed to handle the first option and not the second, so.. What if...?

What would I do? I'd quit.

What you would call "PvP" in this game isn't worth any amount of risk. It's not fun, intuitive, or competitive. The closest PvP comparison for Wurm wouldn't be Ultima Online, Dark Age of Camelot, Shadowbane, Aion, Guild Wars or even Mortal Online. It's closest comparison would be the 1990 MMO-MUD Dragon's Gate. Maybe Meridian 59.

I don't know what Rolf sees it as, but I see Wurm as a MMORPG Sandbox Survival/Builder. If PvP was ever forced on me in this game (Especially at the whim of the developer), I'd have no qualms about dropping everything in a heartbeat, seeing as everything about my character and his deeds become a liability rather than property. Because there is no enjoyment to be had from the PvP in this game for me, there is no point to dealing with said risk or the liabilities forced onto me.

If I wanted PvP, I'd play an actual PvP game, not Wurm

Edited by Dairuka
  • Like 3

Hi,

[...]

^^ This. Nothing more to add. Thx, Dairuka!

Have fun!

[...]

Well said.

It was the wild west days.

I wanted to buy a saddle from near SB.

I did not know if they would kill me when I got there and just take the coin.

Players were killed daily in start point of our server.

Bandits waited off the trails near the bank.

It added a bit of excitement but few players would continue with such lawless actions.

One can still find danger its just not in the same location as it use to be.

Its not at the start points.

I've enjoyed peace for awhile.

From time to time I get killed by the odd bandit.

From time to time my home gets broken into and stuff strewn about.

I've enjoyed the peace. I look forward to going to war someday.

Someday in the far, never near future.

Panic that is what they would do. They would panic and cry.

I would buy the bounty off of pirate ship in an undisclosed location

Edited by Gramuly
  • Like 1

heh klaa, it wasn't that difficult for some of you, we had people from wild camped on the hill outside of newtown with a longbow and a spyglass killing players as they spawned at the token less than 3 hours after the servers came back up...

If rolf were ever insane enough to make that mistake again I would walk away from the game without looking back, and so would a lot of other players.

Usually not a newtown camper... loot typically sucks.

they weren't after loot, they just wanted to be obnoxious and pad their kill count.