Sign in to follow this  
Mattown

Remove Battle Camps

I am suggesting that battle camps are removed on the Elevation server.

-they take up tons of available land that could be used for deeds

-they give free rank and champion points for next to no work

-they serve literally no purpose other than what seems to give people free rank and the kingdom lots of map percentage.

• Like 7

+1 and remove rank decay as well

HAHAHA

• Like 1

HAHAHA

do you have a gps or something that tells you when i post

-1 Defend them or let the enemies own them if you don't want to feed champ points, and plenty of land available on Elevation.

+1

I don't know what they were intended for when implemented. I would assume as a neutral territory to fight over, but there's no way to respond to a 1 minute cap. If there were a way to make them cooler, then fine. But yea, right now they're just kinda lame and limiting.

+1 and remove rank decay as well

This but dont REMOVE rank decay. Make it slower say like... decays 2x slower

+1 

on rank decay id say someone should start decaying after...a month of INACTIVITY

Edited by Gone420
  • Like 1

Maybe instead of removing them, remove champ points from capping and increase the cap timer to 10 minutes, just like guard towers.

+1 currently they are poorly implemented

They have a huge radius in comparison to towers, taking chunks of land that could be used for deeds, the capture timer is far too short, they are generally a useless addition in their current state

-1 their radius was reduced plenty and they've been repositioned.

Remove rank and champ points(the latter would be sufficient) and leave them where they are.

Just because they are repositioned doesnt mean they aren't blocking other land, if people want to control land, they should be building towers, or capturing them with the full 10 minute timer and guard spam, not clicking a button and going to grab a drink while a 2 minute timer counts down

+1 They're pointless and I don't even know why we have them.

Its still beyond me why the timer is 10mins, and why the battlecamp doesnt put up any resistance when you capture it..

+1, useless addition, brings nothing to the game except keeping champs more fed

Honestly, I don't like that a lot of things give champion points and rank.  +1.  

HotA gives rank - really HotA isn't hard.

Capturing a battlecamp gives rank and a champion point - What?  A point for what?  You don't have to kill guars, it takes literally <2 minutes.  It gives rank too?  These are so poorly coded that I assume they're a copy + paste of a tower code.

Tower - Probably only thing that should give a champion point aside from people.  Rank though.. not really.

I think rank should be from kills.  It's so easy now, and I'm not trying to bash people or flame, but a lot of people on top of ranks now probably gained 100+ of it from towers/hotas.  It's so easy to climb ranks purely by capturing and HotAs.  I think someone in TK even bragged he got [Warrior] off battlecamps alone.  

Edited by Postes

Battle camps were bad in their first location, and are still bad in their second.

They way they were dropped both times makes no sense, the first time they were literally all clustered up north coving a majority of the land, and then they were moved and are now all south, covering a lot of useable land.

The fact that 2 landed less than 100 tiles apart, and one of those 2 is less than 50 tiles from DSC is just silly.

I really don't get why they exist at all, Towers work better for controlling land, and battlecamps really are not in contested areas like you would assume, and take no time to conquer so they don't really create much pvp.

They need an overhaul in some way or need to be gone. I think I am leaning more toward them being gone. Even if BL has their own motives as to why they need battlecamps to go away. (New deed?) Its about time the elevation community agreed on something anyway. Screw it. +1 to removing/Fixing these dumb things.