Sign in to follow this  
whereami

Cause Of Death On Corpses?

Normally I don't do suggestions but I felt this would be a neat addition to the game for both PvE and PvP players alike, and wouldn't be game-breaking in any way to add.

It's simple; Have examining a corpse give the cause of death. I'm not sure how you would determine the "cause" in some cases, probably the last wound dealt in the fight?

A few examples of the death lines;

[01:35:36] The freedom isles tower guard seems to have died from a cut to the head.

[01:35:36] The freedom isles tower guard seems to have died from a bruise to the left thigh.

[01:35:36] The freedom isles tower guard seems to have died from a hole to the right arm.

[01:35:36] The freedom isles tower guard seems to have died from a burn to the face.

[01:35:36] The freedom isles tower guard seems to have died from an internal wound to the torso.

[01:35:36] The freedom isles tower guard seems to have died from swallowing his own tounge. *Suicide

[01:35:36] The freedom isles tower guard seems to have died from some kind of poison. *From the effect of a venom wound

[01:35:36] The freedom isles tower guard seems to have died from a lack of food. *Starvation

[01:35:36] The freedom isles tower guard seems to have died from natural causes. *Age

Lemme know what you think. IMO you could add a skill to it and all that but I don't think you really need to, it's a simple enough mechanic. You could maybe even link it to Fighting Skill, seeing as an experienced fighter would know what wounds look like ;)

Edited by whereami
  • Like 5

This would be useful for showing whether livestock died of old age or was killed by a player. +1

+1 why the hell not :P

Would be great for animal deaths, find out what killed that pesky horse hehe

+1. Why not even all the wounds of the corpse? They might fade away as the corpse decays... Current system is totally weird, a dead body with no wounds (heart attack?).

Heh I remember Ultima Online having a forensic skill.

Aye could be useful.

+1

(also dreams of it being transferable to gravestone - "Here lies Wraithfoe. He died from a hole in the head."

• Like 2

Added a line to the OP, I forgot a few actually. Starvation, age, and that weird thing tower guards do when they randomly get rabies and die.

Edited by whereami

+1

Although instead of saying "died from" I think it should say something like...

"The Freedom Isles Tower Guard corpse appears to be sliced and stabbed all over." -Cut wounds

"The Freedom Isles Tower Guard corpse appears to be black and covered in ash." -Burn wounds

"The Freedom Isles Tower Guard corpse appears to be bruised and have broken bones." -Blunt wounds

"The Freedom Isles Tower Guard corpse appears to be nothing but skin and bones." -Starvation

"The Freedom Isles Tower Guard corpse appears to be soaked in water." -Drowning

"The Freedom Isles Tower Guard corpse appears to be smiling with arms crossed." -Old age

"The Freedom Isles Tower Guard corpse appears to be discolored and holding his neck." -Poison

"The Freedom Isles Tower Guard corpse appears to be black and covered in water." -Ice wounds

or

"The Freedom Isles Tower Guard corpse appears to be an unidentifiable bloody mess." -Blunt wounds (died to a troll)

Edited by Kswords

"The Freedom Isles Tower Guard corpse appears to be sliced and stabbed all over, black and covered in ash, bruised and have broken bones, nothing but skin and bones, soaked in water, smiling with arms crossed, discolored and holding his neck, black and covered in water, and an unidentifiable bloody mess."

Mmhmmm... we seem to have a mystery on our hands.

• Like 2

If this is ever implemented by the Dev team they will likely choose their own "Swedish" wording, to fit in perfectly with the rest of Wurm's perfectly grammatical event lines ^.^ (They're just examples for the sake of the suggestion)