Sign in to follow this  
Mawej

Bug With Typing In Polish Diacritic Letter

Hello.

I want to report some kind of annoying bug which occurs when I try to type in polish diacritic mark in polish language "Ä…" "Ä„" (alt + a, in polish layout keyboard). Everytime I do it, it delete all the words which I've typed in before I put that letter. It clears whole type box and left only that one type. It is annoying and it happens only in wurm. I have unstable client with experimental, but it also happens on normal client (some of friends told same). It occurs in every type in box like chat, in game wiki etc, and it has been for a couple last days. It doesn't happen with other polish diacritic marks. I hope I provide enough information for fixing that bug :).

With greetings, Mawej.

Edited by Mawej
  • Like 1

I think it is meant to be that way to keep people from trolling maybe? Not entirely sure but I don't think it is a bug.

I think it is meant to be that way to keep people from trolling maybe? Not entirely sure but I don't think it is a bug.

Why would you think it would keep people from trolling? And it is bug, it has been working very well, since I started playing at least one year ago. Recent patches might unintended changed it.

• Like 1

There has been a change where ctrl+a shortcut selects all text in an input box, it might be connected.

• Like 2

if there is an issue with a supported language (input wise) it should be looked into.

personal conversation, alliance and village chat can be held in any supported language - letter recognition has nothing to do with trolling, but plays a large role in normal conversation.

not only in latin letters (ISO), kyrilic is supported as well as nordic letters (Unicode)

I'm not familar with the polish layout but on the gerrman layout the left and right alt keys behave different.

The right alt key always reports a fake control key press. So AltR+A is probably reported as Ctrl+Alt+A and triggers the Ctrl+A code

Hmm I should probably add an option in the settings to disable ctrl+a shortcut. Any thoughts?

polish, turkish, nordic, kyrilic.

do they all use the ctrl+key setup? i know german doesn't need it.

Hmm I should probably add an option in the settings to disable ctrl+a shortcut. Any thoughts?

That might be workaround, but I think it is better than nothing at all. Could it only check if normal ctrl + a was pressed? So that won't work with alt + a. Don't know how it works in java, but I hope it is possible :D. For polish language there is only alt + a combination, ctrl + a isn't combination for any letter if that is the case.

If anything better solution for this bug won't be found, then I think that option to disable ctrl+a should be ok.

I have same problem.  When I try to type Ä…(alt+a) my words disappears completely.

Checked it, dissable select all text is working :)

Problem solved

I think it isn't really solved, because I still think better solution might be found for this case. Better than nothing, but think about new players which won't know about this "solution" for this bug.

• Like 1