Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Creature Spawn Age, Hunted Status, Settlement Guards

Sacrificing reborn creatures will no longer advance mission states

Several bugs with hunted status were fixed

Settlement guards on Epic were buffed a bit since they were underpowered compared to price

The “everything spawns as young” change was reverted for now

Improved friend list

• Like 6

"

• The “everything spawns as young†change was reverted for now

"

- PERFECT

"

"

- PERFECT

My Rare Large Maul (Meatgrinder 3000) thanks you very, very, very much indeed

Woooo !

one request, be able to hide offline friends and still open the old window xP

oops second request.. cant click on their name anymore to pm them.. :(

Edited by Aum

Nice tro see the everything spawning young being reverted, i kind of liked being able to come across all ages of creatures when hunting or out travelling , not just all young ones.

Can i ask though, When is the musical chairs with items in forges and ovens going to be reverted ( items shifting positions and pans closing due to heat level changes) ?.

Nothing more annoying than be taking meals out of pans only to have every single pan automatically close because they get re-shuffled due to a heat change. Especially when you have to cook thousands of items to get any decent SD gain for a priest.

• Like 1

Reverted for now? You mean to say reverted permanently right? Because leaving them as young is terrible for anyone who wants to get more FS, and really bad for anyone above 70FS.

• Like 2

Reverted for now? You mean to say reverted permanently right? Because leaving them as young is terrible for anyone who wants to get more FS, and really bad for anyone above 70FS.

I'm assuming that the plan would be that animals spawn young then grow. I would also assume that they decided they need to adjust the rate at which they age by a good bit before that makes any sense.

But you know what happens when you assume...

If only somebody on the team would say "we changed this stuff because of those reason". That would of course mean they knew the reason themselves

• Like 1

I'm assuming that the plan would be that animals spawn young then grow. I would also assume that they decided they need to adjust the rate at which they age by a good bit before that makes any sense.

But you know what happens when you assume...

this is how it was for a very long time, everything spawned young, then grew, however, we have more small servers now, all the epic servers and most of the freedom servers, so on those small servers, when people go hunt, they cover more total server ground, killing young animals which then spawn young again, meaning FAR less fightskill

just keep it at spawning random ages, unless its changed to where wild animals age waaaaaay faster

its kinda stupid that random ages are only wanted because of high level fs gain?!

It'd also be kind of stupid if the only animals in the whole world were young. Having to change that artificially instead of it happening organically isn't ideal but it's better than the alternative. 

• Like 4

It'd also be kind of stupid if the only animals in the whole world were young. Having to change that artificially instead of it happening organically isn't ideal but it's better than the alternative. 

I agree ;) maybe they can implement a system so that old/aged/venerable and so on are spawning from the lairs but young ones are spawning from those elder ones?;) would also change the distribution of animals a bit over a whole map

I agree ;) maybe they can implement a system so that old/aged/venerable and so on are spawning from the lairs but young ones are spawning from those elder ones? ;) would also change the distribution of animals a bit over a whole map

Spawning pregnant animals?

because they'll just miscarry due to the off-deed ratios?

• Like 1

its kinda stupid that random ages are only wanted because of high level fs gain?!

And because you can push a young on its side and it dies, venerable are harder to kill. So yes, should we call this a "window of oppertunity" to everyone that grinded to 90 now, and now that others want to do it they only have young animals, having them invest twice as much time to reach the same goal.. 

And because you can push a young on its side and it dies, venerable are harder to kill. So yes, should we call this a "window of oppertunity" to everyone that grinded to 90 now, and now that others want to do it they only have young animals, having them invest twice as much time to reach the same goal.. 

Way more than twice as much time.

Young creatures give next to no fight skill, easily 10x less than venerable creatures.

deleted

Edited by Emane

TBH I thought the young animals was a bug rather than a change, because it was tried ages ago, and then things changed again so that mobs would spawn in a variety of ages - and everyone was happy. It seems that change was reverted for some reason, but has now been re-reverted again... Confused yet? :P

P.S. much better now with random ages ;)

• Like 1

too many both ways. Before the young change I saw 90% Venerable and the rest aged or old, Never a wild young, Agree all young was too much also...

Work on randomization maybe that makes a somewhat equal number of each age?

• Like 2

too many both ways. Before the young change I saw 90% Venerable and the rest aged or old, Never a wild young, Agree all young was too much also...

Work on randomization maybe that makes a somewhat equal number of each age?

This is the problem in a nutshell.

Sign in to follow this