Sign in to follow this  
StrykerZero

Item Storage

I'm trying to find a container to house my tools such as rakes, shovels, and other tools and items that won't fit into barrels, chests, or BSB.  The only thing I've found so far are carts.  Are there any other options?

They will fit into a weapon rack too

Rakes and shovels fit pretty fine in my large chest here :huh:

I use a large cart or 2 for the bigger ones, like fishing rods, lamps, ...

Aye fishing poles use to fit in polearm racks. I wish they still could.

I keep all my large tools that I don't want to be carrying around with me in a small cart that I keep parked in my cottage.  It's pretty convient for me, and I don't bother with having a coffin for it (which would hold tools as well).  There's plenty of carrying capacity in even a small cart, as I can still drag it out to carry back 8 logs after felling a tree even with my tools in there. 

For smaller secondary items like rope tools and cheese presses, a large barrel works fine as well, inside the cottage.  I don't use items like that as often as i use what's kept in my small cart.

I keep all of my tools I use frequently in a raft in my Large Cart, since I also use that a lot. Then I keep all my extra tools in a weapons rack. I keep all the tools that are small enough to fit, in a Small Chest. Works pretty nicely for me at least ;)

Edited by Shrimpiie

People seem to really dislike large chests here XD ;)

They fit saws, shovels, dredges, large anvils, rakes, all the shield types, every small tool, armour, saddles, almost every unfinished item (forges, bulkbins,...), small buckets, cheesedrills,...

My house has a huge amount of large chests for me to sort almost everything in out (and 2 large carts and 4 forges for the really big stuff, like barding, lamps, fishing rods.)

Do not underestimate the storage capacity of large chests ;)

Aye fishing poles use to fit in polearm racks. I wish they still could.

They still do you just need to drag them onto something that is alrdy in the polearms rack

( just tested to see so it still worked)

• Like 1

I've personally found a coffin with 6 fountain packs to be wonderous lol.  Still has room left for a few fishing poles and longbows etc.  Coffins reduce decay a little more then chests iirc,