Sign in to follow this  
Heboric

Beer.

We have wine - why not beer?

Introduce hops and malt and away we go! :lol:

(I suppose medieval cooling systems would be a bit much to ask - but just think of it - cold beer!)

we only sip a tiny bit of wine before going to hunt for 500spiders

We have wine - why not beer?

Introduce hops and malt and away we go! :lol:

(I suppose medieval cooling systems would be a bit much to ask - but just think of it - cold beer!)

Give me a purpose for it and I may throw you a +1. Until then, I see this as just another "add beer because it's cool" thread. 

Give me a purpose for it and I may throw you a +1. Until then, I see this as just another "add beer because it's cool" thread. 

Because its cool. its reason itself. Without any other benefits its just like jucies, drinkable adds flavor to the world. After all it could be used like a lighter version of wine. (have to drink it twice the amount to have same efect as wine) 

I'd add mead too.  At first honey should be foragaed from tree tiles (wild bees) later on you can build bee-house (fine carp?) and have to botanize for bee nest and place it in bee house. It will produce honey. 

Moreover since wine and mead have to "stay for a bit" to be full power, after mixing the ingridients we should recive "unfinished mead / wine" and have to wait certain amount of time (something like animal pregnancy - will be ready in... 60rl  days.

ah... yes one more thing mushrooms  should play a role in it. maple syrup and a grape juce should result in  sweet grape juce adding mushroom to it will start fermentation

Mead similar mixing honey and water / juce will result in syrup  adding mushroom will start the process.

One more thing. mixing different amounts of  honey and water / juce will produce different types of mead.

Fastest to make is a mead 5th class - 1 unit of honey and 5 units of water / juce   40rl days of waiting of course compared to wurm time                          mead 4th calss   1 honey 4 water   60days

mead 3rd calss   1 honey 3 water  80 days

mead 2nd class   1 honey 2 water 100days

mead 1st class     1 honey 1 water 120days

In real life mead 1st class is made in.. 10 years. 

I would be a lot warmer and happier with a belly full of mead.

(And a sweetroll)

In the tradition of Wurm beer threads:

I see developer time taken from much more needed things in wurm. Beer will not attract more players rather than newer wall types and such nor will beer attract more players than more performance tweaks and such.

Not saying N0. Just saying I'm not for it at this time in Wurm development.

I can understand when people opine that there are more important things to be done in Wurm (and I would agree), however, it always interests me when people come up with ideas that obviously interest them- and others.I like how Freelance has expanded the original idea.This section is for 'suggestions and ideas' and who knows, one of the developers may just be able to add something relatively easily. Beverages is certainly an area that needs a little attention.+1

Edited by Spolmit

I see developer time taken from much more needed things in wurm. Beer will not attract more players rather than newer wall types and such nor will beer attract more players than more performance tweaks and such.

I have seen countless suggests for more beverages in wurm, and it is one of the most asked for features, and I myself have also suggested it as well as an overhaul of the existing beverages, and harvest times so that you can create other beverages throughout the season.   

Right now as it stands even the existing system is flawed in a few ways, as you have to either choose to harvest Maple or Camilia, resulting in the fact that NO one bothers with makeing tea.  Not to mention the fact no one is entirely sure what it does anyways :(   

That and you need vast fields to get the most out of grape season, not as bad as it used to be since wine is MUCH easier to make these days but this affects the other harvest seasons resulting in the effect that few people bother with anything else other then grape, not one works with cherry, apple, etc.    If Forestry was on par with farming in terms of skill vs gain and you got more than one thing from a harvest I would expect people would have a great variety of trees in their orchards.  As of right now they can't compete with strawberries for making lemonade.   

Ok. Performance tweaks shoud have priority. But discussion between walls an beverages is purely academic. New wall types. Ok actually I even suggested one, low palisade wall + gate of course. But,  i have mixed up feelings if more wall types will make increase Wurm immersion more than, actually adding a new content.  when we focus on walls, what we get ? another cute, graphical object, that do nothing more nothing less than other cute wall. BTW i love roundpole and rope fence :). Adding new beverages, will have impact rather on existing players than noobs. a new thing to do, new skill to grind, and actually a final product that can be traded, and have real use.  To be honest, there is no differnce between 99ql low stone wall and 99ql roundpole fence. Especially on PVE servers. Untill we can use spears to hit mobs behind wooden fences (expect palisade). Or shoot through roundpole, crude, rope, and wooden fences. There is no need of new walls.

+ !! + Im not aganist new wall types. I belive that shooting through iron fence (low and high) or climbing  palisade and high stone wall to shoot mobs, would make game more fun than adding another wall.

I think rather than beer alone, we should consider adding a few items with benefits, to expand trade in general.