Sign in to follow this  
Drayka

Sleep Powder, Barley

I have run several searches on this forum, but if I missed a similar suggestion elsewhere, please link.

Player-made sleep powder; Alchemy skill

New item: Mortar and pestle, marble - can have other materials if desired (stone or clay) but marble would give best chance to create.

Pound mushrooms into mushroom powder, *colour* - dev's discression as to whether this, or any other stage, is FSB/BSB-able.

Mix together alchemy mushroom powders of each colour (not red) to create base, mushroom.

e.g Mix 'mushroom powder, black' and 'mushroom powder, brown' to make unfinished base, mushroom - this item requires 1 mushroom powder yellow, 1 mushroom powder, green, and 1 mushroom powder, blue to be finished.

Mix base, mushroom and barley to create powder, barley.

As a follower/priest of 20 faith or more, activate powder, barley, right-click on altar, Imbue.

Action drains favor and minimum 1hr of sleep-bonus on success.

Creates sleep powder, barley.

Quality capped by Alchemy skill. 1 minute of sleep-bonus per QL.

For more than 60 skill in alchemy, you must have 'Minutes of sleep-bonus = Alchemy skill' available to Imbue.

Eat like normal sleep powder to gain sleep-bonus.

Notes: I'd like this to be a Follower craft, not just for Priests.

If the process is deemed to need more complexity, other items, e.g. unicorn horn or olive oil, could be mixed into the base before adding barley.

Standard rules of quality=chance to create/finished quality, to be applied at each stage.

Quality of 'powder, barley' should only affect 'chance to imbue', not finished quality.

Mortar and pestle available, to create other powders for future alchemy uses.

Could require barley to be in the form of flour before mixing.

• Like 1

nice try but sleep powder is a money sink and i doubt that will change

• Like 5

i think its a good idea but they would have to make i hard to make to keep it usable and not get abused to much maybe only creatable in a perticular season or something.

could even add other chemisty items to make other things such as cures for illness such as a could if you get caught in rain and get cold and catch the flu or get biten by a spider and need anti venom etc

Nice Idea but it just doesn't feel like a good idea.

When you speak of Alchemy, do you mean Alchemy as the skill or Natural substances? - This should probably be made clear since there is no way to grind Alchemy.

Anyways, either way I currently have 53 Alchemy / 85.11 Natural substances. - Probably the highest in the game currently

So using your method I could easily pump out SB of 1hr53 or 2hr25 (depending on how you mean Alchemy) but just having one of each mushroom?

In theory its a nice idea but SB is worth a lot and this method is quite easy.

i like it, well thought out. i think that a high enough priest who actively plays but wants to sell their bonus would have a way to do that with some time and effort

i would say only available to Fo priests but requires ingredients from other professions

+1 for mortar and pestle  and improved alchemy!

I think that idea is not that bad. Sleep powder made from foragable and botanizable ressources would be a nice feature for newcommers who often do this things. It could help em to earn a couple coins on their own and besides it would improve the use of the alchemy, and nature skills. To keep the role of the trader sleep powder:

- the ressources for selfmade sleep powder could be made rare

- the number of consumes of self made powder sould be restricted (like 1 per day)

- the duration of double xp effect could be reduced to lets say 30 minutes

I generaly think that a number of drinks/foods/salves/pills/whatever with various buff effects should be implemenetd to encrease the meaning of alchemy and foraging skills.

Wurm definitely needs more alchemy but yeah sleep powder is supposed to be a money sink but we also get one for ever char prem'd idk

I dislike the idea, basically because it makes 1 or 2 skills pretty much essential for effective skill-grinding (namely alchemy + faith).

I'm all for new alchemy-based ideas, but not ones that make an existing money sink item less valuable, or require another arbitrary skill to create. A well though-out suggestion, but not one I can support.

In reply to Headhunter, with 53 Alchemy you would only be able to create, at maximum, a 53ql sleep powder, barley. This when eaten would give 53 minutes of sleep bonus, but would cost you an hour of sleep bonus to create.

Now there's no reason it has to be a full minute per quality, but I set it at that feeling that Alchemy skill was not something many people had high levels of and yet I wanted it to be possible for really high players to be able to create sleep powder that would give more sleep-bonus than the 99ql wheat powder.

As we all get a free powder per month of premium paid now, I don't see that it'll substantially affect the market rarity to make it possible for players to create it.

The thought is that people can store their sleep bonus for later, or sell it on to premium players who need it for high-level grinding. Now I've no objection to it being a 21 faith thing, if it's better as a premium ability only. But I would like to see it available to followers not just priest-alts.

If there's problems with flooding the markets, the dicerolls can cover that. High decay, low chance to create, loss of components on failure. The method doesn't have to be complex, just the ability required. As mushrooms cannot BE stored, I liked that resource for the fact you won't get thousands of mushrooms sitting around in some storage bin.

Its kinda silly as it would pretty much make each priest alt you have give you a full set of sleep bonus. Especially since priest alts are generally pray x5 put away.

Server crash, oh look I have massive amounts of sleep bonus as soon as I pull it off my alts.

A lot of thought went into this idea, and I like it for that. I am not so keen on the idea itself, though. Personally, I feel that the ways to attain sleep bonus are fine as is, and definitely shouldn't be "craft-able" by a player... so to speak. 

besides that there is already 'wisdom of Vynora' that does exactly this, just not in form of an item.

we need a better alchemy system, i vouch for that, but big -1 to players crafting sleep powder or any of the other money sinks items like orbs, rods, etc.

And you don´t need to store mushroms, you drop it in a tree tile and they last like forever, and even new ones grow.

+1

I feel a lot of the people who have reservations about this are under the misunderstanding that this would just magically create sleep bonus. From what I read of the OP's suggestion, he was talking about more of a way to TRANSFER sleep bonus.

One way to balance this would be to make the transfer a percentage of the actual used sleep bonus. For example, at 1 QL, the initial amount is 20%. Then add 0.563% per ql up to ~75% at 99ql

Id like to see alchemy improved to make potions or such things.

Only not in sleep powder or anything that adds things

Hmm maybe if it took two hours of sleep bonus to make one hour of transferable powder.

EDIT: Oh yeah and <obligatory drug joke reference>.

Edited by Klaa

This idea would help people bank and sell their SB pretty easily. However, I see a lot of abuse potential as well with alts being used as 'sleep batteries' so I'd have to say it would need ot be a premium only recipe but yeah +1 overall

A lot of thought went into this idea, and I like it for that. I am not so keen on the idea itself, though. Personally, I feel that the ways to attain sleep bonus are fine as is, and definitely shouldn't be "craft-able" by a player... so to speak. 

Hit the nail on the head for my thinking.