Sign in to follow this  
Rolf

Unscheduled Downtime Affecting 4 Servers

4 Freedom servers stopped responding a little while ago. I can not reach the hardware at this moment so I'll work with the hosting center to resolve the situation. Getting the servers back online will probably take an hour or a bit more.

As usual, you should receive sleep bonus as compensation since the servers did not shut down in an orderly fashion.

• Like 6

Yesterday Rite Of Spring took place on Deli. So i think many people would appriciate if the sleep bonus for this downtime would come a couple days later.

• Like 3

Although I hate this happened, I have to appreciate the fact that you reacted really fast this time and at least you announced us that the problem is known and it is taking care of. Well done!

• Like 4

Well, I am suddenly less disappointed in missing todays ROS :D

Yesterday Rite Of Spring took place on Deli. So i think many people would appriciate if the sleep bonus for this downtime would come a couple days later.

+1

Would be a kick in the balls if I stayed up until 3am for sleep bonus then we get 5 hours anyway..

Edited by OthobRithol

+1

Would be a kick in the balls if I stayed up until 3am for sleep bonus then we get 5 hours anyway..

Some ppl would just leave afking toon.. Just saying..

Seems like there's been a few problems with hosting of late. maybe a company needs a boot up their backside.

+1

Consider your balls kicked then. The software automatically grants the sleep bonus if the server crashed. Of course it is entirely up to Rolf if he manually wants to add more sleep bonus a few days later.

Personally I am more concerned with the frequency of these downtimes since the price increase and Wurm 1.1. Is it due to the hosting center having problems, or people trying to harm Wurm intentionally?

It has happened before.

• Like 4

Some ppl would just leave afking toon.. Just saying..

Some people have temperamental computers :) either way the point is we jus got 5 hours from RoS, if this downtime had happened before RoS, RoS would have been postponed to allow for the use of the sleep bonus

In Wurm you win some, you loose some.

You'll survive the 5hours of sb you are "missing" now, trust me, the amounts of times the server crashed on me when I had 4hours+ that I was saving for an imp/grind-run are countless :P

• Like 2

Servers are up again. The operating system had stopped responding but I managed to reboot the hardware remotely.

Hey Rolf,

I cant do anything it says: [11:27:10] You're too busy. <- all the time

kind regards,

The Actiontimer is bugged - please fix this (Celebration) - see post above me ^^

Pristine still seems to be down.. stuck at "connecting to server..."

Pristine seems to still be down; 5 people appears to be on, but I can't log in...

No action involving action timers work, can embark / disembark from carts though. Have aosp armour, and mobs not even getting hit by damage from that, looks like data is not getting relayed from client to server properly.