Sign in to follow this  
Arhad

How Do You Make The Super Steep Dirt Walls?

how do you make the super steep dirt walls?

i have a deed i need to make some VERY steep dirt tiles on, and i cant find out how you keep dirt from sliding down hill.

so, what if im not starting with at flat area?

well balls..... thx for the help,   i may have to rethink this...

so much rock here...

well balls..... thx for the help,   i may have to rethink this...

so much rock here...

If its rock, try and surface mine a 2*2 area flat to get you started.

drop as much as u can until the slopes are all at 40, then begin flatrising.

you save some time.

After you have flatrised 1 spot, you can use Level system to make it easier, so you dont need 4 high tiles each and every time.

You'll also need some hefty digging skill, the maximum slope you can terraform is 3x your digging skill., so you'll need 50 digging to create a 150 slope - and of course bear n mind that as you dig on corners, that means both the biggest up slope, and biggest downslope from the corner you're on are counted, so with 50 digging you'd be unable to alter a corner that has a 150 down slope, two flat borders and a 2 up slope for instance.

I'm fairly certain that, given the number of high-level diggers around (considering how easy it is to raise the skill) that someone knowledgeable of the intricacies of leveling, flatraising, etc. will be happy to drop by and give you some pointers. If you ask in local, or in the kingdom chat, someone nearby may stop by and show you how to do it, perhaps explain it, and maybe even lend a hand.

I got into digging because I was trying to dig down to a mine and had little to no skill. Smejack, one of our GMs (not at the time though) heard my laments in chat and came by to not only dig out the mine with amazing speed and little effort, but explained how it was done and inspired me to do the same. It's one of the best skills in my opinion, and remains my highest skill to date, though only 96.something.

Edited by Punnikin
  • Like 2

well i started, first by making 50 signs to plan it out with

• Like 1

If you say what server your on perhaps their might be a digger or two who would stop by to give you a hand.