Bulkfarmer

Wurm Shelter

Do you think this is a good Idea?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this is a good Idea?

• Yes
    • No

Hello Wurm Online

I have decided after playing the game a bit.

And After taking breaks here and there.

That wurm needs a shelter.

Were new player's can live and eat.

Were they can get new tools and gear.

As well as old returning players.

Can get regeared.

Yes And food maybe a trader too

Edited by Bulkfarmer

u can already do this,or maybe u cant but others can

Isnt this called a village? But yes i agree with this one there needs to be more support for new players the learning curve is too great.

This is all stuff that should be provided by the community, not the game. An example of this is/was the Inner City Orphanage on Independence.

There shouldn't be a place implemented by the developers where you can just go and get gear :P

• Like 3

within the first 24 hours you will get free refreshments. when you die you don't loose any of your starter tools (exept for the compass, which i don't like either). within those 24 hours you can easily find a spot to build your first 1x1 house. there are many guard towers on the freedom cluster where you can run to and yell for help. when you die, you get a tripple skill gain on the lost skills. how much easier do you want this to be? there are always new players who keep complaining, this is too hard to start. if you cannot get passed this, this game is definitely not for those people. wurm is hard and it gets even harder when it comes to skill grinding. so a -1 from me.

There are already many villages willing to take in new players and gear/house them and teach them the ropes. I few well place messages on global/shout chat and you can be headed to a new home in minutes after spawning.

The majority of people on here are very kind and helpful, so long as you show that you're not going to mess them around.

I would be willing to start a Wurm Shelter

But it would have to be funded by the communitie.

Then my next thought was nobody would go for that.

inless

The communitie got somthing for it.

So what if it was used for recruitment purposes.

What is your thoughts on this?

Edited by Bulkfarmer

It seems like you're just describing an average village to me. Community-driven hub for players to respawn and re-gear as well as stay safely to train and explore around? The lands are already full of these. Only difference is the name, and it's just a shout in the global chats away.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

As others mentioned it already - this is an option for every player to set up such a shelter for others.

A game driven 'shelter' like this would be against the sandbox idea as well.

locking.