Sign in to follow this  
MasterEntaro

Huge Cart

One of my favourite things about wurm is that you're rewarded for pretty much every action that you do (with skill gain).  There is however one big exception and that is travelling and transporting goods.  We have ships of varying sizes to help with this and small and large carts.  These help quite a bit, but on the newer maps, much of the map is land-locked so ships really only help you get it a part of the way.  The rest of the trip is spent going back and forth between the ship and the deed many many times because you can only fit so much in your cart.

To help fix this, I'm proposing an even larger cart that has steeper requirements.  Make it require a lot of resources to build, a high skill to build, as many as 10 hitched animals to pull, and maybe even travel slower than a large cart.

Thoughts?

Ten hitched animals? It's like 3 tile width line when you'll place them one by one..

But indeed we could use some kind of cart with bigger storage space.

You hitch them in the front, not the side, like this:

The%20Rose%20Hotel%20cropped_SM.jpg

Also, darn, I looked under planned/often requested features but I couldn't find anything on it.

Something like this is really one of the most needed things in Wurm right now. It can't be suggested too many times.

Living inland limits players too much, there is no way to transport goods at all compared to ships. That makes a large portion of server maps viewed as unsettlable by new players (and old) and is just a waste of resources. I would like to see more new maps like Independence instead of Celebration in the future.

Wagon

EDIT:

Better yet a heavily-armored wagon with fast-firing ballista! Don't laugh, the Romans actually had gravity-fed, auto-cranked ones.

Sorry couldn't find any good clips of the gatling gun turret. As memory serves it only fired twice during the entire movie.

Edited by Klaa

+1, maybe a caravan type thing, 2-3 wagons hitched together with animals in a sort of train.

I agree it sucks that a cart can only hold a small number of logs and cotton and other large volume items. Dirt is the biggest issue IMO. Working around your deed with a cart load of 300 some dirt works fine enough, but it's when you have to move that dirt up a mountain or from another area or transporting to a ship that is a pain in the ass. Ships can hold 10x more dirt and supplies as a large cart, making shipping and coastal deeds kind of necessary for big transports. It's not feasible at all to make 10 cart rides across the map.

There's not really any purpose for roads right now either. EVERYONE except the 5-day old noobies ride horses or carts or boats. Paving gives no bonus speed to players 90% of the time. It's only nice when walking around on deed. It'd be cool if a road actually increased cart speed, would see highways open up all over and cart travel more popular.

Edited by Versai

+1, i would love to spend the night in a caravan type of cart with schulty

+1 to huge carts.

and hitched animals would be cool at 4 :)

+1 to 4 animals hitched to a bigger cart is a great idea.

+1 to huge cart

... and a vaccine for all the diseased animals and people

+1   It should be fast enough to outrun mobs on roads.

On a similar item movement subject:

- Withdraw bulk bundles from bins in a single action. As long as you can hold the weight it can be take out as a bundle. An example would be 1000 corn assuming you can hold an extra 100 kg item.

- Portable bulk bins whose weight reflect contents. Volume is fixed at max because its a rigid container (Wurm doesn't support collapsing containers currently).

- Some kind of train-like vehicle and infrastructure system.

+1 to bigger cart capacity, with 4 animals pulling it .