Sign in to follow this  

Composting is a process that has been around a long time - all the way into the B.C.'s

I'd suggest a construct make-up similar to a charcoal pile - 2 dirts and 20 wood scraps - to start the compost pile. As the compost pile sits and heats up and decomposes matter it produces compost or fertilizer.

Fertilizer can be on growing crops to increase the quantity produced, or the quality of the final produce, or expedites the growth process.

However, unlike a charcoal pile, a compost pile would require (organic) items to be deposited into it to keep "feeding" it to produce compost - things like wood scrap, or filets, or foraged/botanized items.

That's the short version of my 1:30AM EST idea.

-end suggestion-

• Like 3

I had a idea before similar to this but people didn't like it cause it would require more effort on crops.

My idea was to have the animals drop manure and you would mix it with grass and or wood chips.

+1 seeing i'm not the only one who would like to see more farming activity.

• Like 1

Ozgod and Arkonick, I was just talking about compost and manure to my deedmate day before yesterday. Both have been around as long as things eat and die.

To avoid the more effort, make it a bonus vs a requirement. You fertilize, you get better yield. You don't, you get normal yield. 

Composting is a process that has been around a long time - all the way into the B.C.'s

I'd suggest a construct make-up similar to a charcoal pile - 2 dirts and 20 wood scraps - to start the compost pile. As the compost pile sits and heats up and decomposes matter it produces compost or fertilizer.

Fertilizer can be on growing crops to increase the quantity produced, or the quality of the final produce, or expedites the growth process.

However, unlike a charcoal pile, a compost pile would require (organic) items to be deposited into it to keep "feeding" it to produce compost - things like wood scrap, or filets, or foraged/botanized items.

That's the short version of my 1:30AM EST idea.

-end suggestion-

We have trash bin... put the organic items and get fertilizer / dirt  let say 1/5 of weight put in... a single corpse would yeld 10kg of fertilizer...

Always felt we could have done this with trash heaps; although, stuff that gets thrown away is not always "eco-friendly", even from a medieval period.

If it could use meals of some kind it would make HFC a little more valuable... as it stands now I stopped grinding it because of rares and refresh.