Sign in to follow this  
Gaeron

Chaos Valrei Spawns

Mostly curiosity on this one.

Have the Valrei spawns been coded so that they always appear near someone or some town?

I ask this because Chaos is one of the large servers but having spawns appear on top of me on three separate occasions is stretching credulity too far for it to be just random placement.  Also HoM is a big deed but we get near daily incursions by Valrei creatures again suggesting that the placement is not random.

If it was done this way then why? I really pity any starter town on Chaos if it becomes a target for nogumps. It also severely discourages players being able to just wander around the server. Again new players, probably without mounts caught in this situation are guaranteed to be dead meat.

I like having the Valrei creatures on Chaos but I'm in an established deed with a lot of resources available to me.

I was told by another fellow staff member that nogumps were coded to spawn near players, though I have not confirmed that with Rolf or other devs.  It sure seems to be true per my observations, anyways.

Been numerous reports of the darned things actually spawning on the exact tile a player is on, seemingly out of thin air.

I'll confirm that, I've so far had nogumps appear on top of me, eagle spirits and drake spirits too.

I've also had nogumps appear quite a distance away and come charging straight over, the same with sol demons.

The question remains, what purpose does it serve?

We keep trying to dispel the old dis-information about players getting repeated killed in PvP the moment they step foot on Chaos and its finally working but the Valrei creatures however might actually get to deliver on this.

• Like 1

It's the same for all servers that get it, they seem to like spawning on everyone.

I've had deathcrawlers spawn on me, but none of the others, although drakes seem to spawn on deed guards.

weirdly they seem to pick certain zones of the map to spawn at. For example Kratos area has never yet seen a nogump spawn. Mostly just deathcrawlers and eaglespirits

• Like 1

we had a group of deathcrawlers land on us during a tower bashing session

The deathcrawlers spawned right next to me in a field of cotton, I nearly died.

I really pity any starter town on Chaos if it becomes a target for nogumps.

I can't speak for Chaos, but on the Epic cluster Valrei creatures will definitely spawn around players that are off deed or around deeds. The starter village on Serenity is often plagued with Valrei spawns that slaughter the entire area because most of the new players can't fight them.

One of the problems with the spawns is that they make it essential that you at least have a horse, especially as they appear in groups with the gank bonus that offers.

New players are unlikely to have gotten horses so that makes their situation even worse.

So, is the point of the targeted spawning to be a challenge to the high end players or to destroy the low end ones?

Or should the spawning method perhaps be re-evaluated?

weirdly they seem to pick certain zones of the map to spawn at. For example Kratos area has never yet seen a nogump spawn. Mostly just deathcrawlers and eaglespirits

Aye I don't know if they are regional-bound or some kind of invisible spawn lair. You'll usually find em doing the same on Epic.

I thought it may of been guard towers from my experience, few weeks back I was riding along and saw the orange message and a flash of lightning heralded the arrival of 5 Eaglespirits right in front of me next to a tower. I wheeled around and there was another group of 5 spawned at the guard tower behind me.

I agree with that they are regional because I recently moved from a deed on tower bay to a deed west of safety harbour and I've yet to see a nogump but at the deed on towerbay I would see nogumps all the time and they would spawn right by the deed.

I can also confirm that they do spawn on players. Had Drake spirit, Deathcrawlers and Sol Demons spawn on me. This feature serves absolutely no purpose at all and should be removed.

i was sailing on chaos, saw 4 drake spirits hanging over sea on 1-2 tiles.

Then when i was returning to the border with deli, i had to settle my compass, so i threw out my anchor, settled the compass, was raising my anchor again and a nogump spawned 2 tiles in front of me (mid sea).

Personally, I think the feature is fun.

Issle, the reason no Nogumps spawn on or around your deeds or players is because they're considered Mol-Rehan, and therefore would be non-aggressive to you. They spawn in enemy lands as a form of punishment. The reason JK sees no Eagle Spirits is because I believe they're Jenn Kellon. (I think PMK's follow their template kingdom as far as Valrei spawns are concerned).

If you want less Valrei spawns on you, start completing the Magranon missions. ;)

Edited by Xallo

Actually they are aggressive to us. Apparently Rolf didn't think that part through when it comes to PMKs =/

Magranon controls the nogumps but our Magranon following kingdom still gets attacked by them, go figure.

The fun part is, doing the missions won't do anything anyway, due to you being on chaos.

And yeah, I guess of Magranon controls the nogumps, they only spawn Mol Rehan, not any MR based pmks.

There really isn't any reason for valrei creatures to be spawning on chaos at all.

You get spawns that wont be allied with you and you cant do anything about, unless you are blacklight where you could get spawns allied with you.

Issle, the reason no Nogumps spawn on or around your deeds or players is because they're considered Mol-Rehan, and therefore would be non-aggressive to you. They spawn in enemy lands as a form of punishment. The reason JK sees no Eagle Spirits is because I believe they're Jenn Kellon.

They don't have any base kingdom, they just are whatever god controls it.  Before this, Libila controlled the nogumps, so they were hots.

Anything spawned by the Wurm does not have a kingdom.

Valrei creatures DO spawn on/around players that are off deed, 1 kingdom completes a mission, valrei creatures spawn on enemies shortly after.

I had two drake spirits spawn right ontop of me... was actually pretty fun :P at least it makes hunting a lot more interesting

Valrei creatures DO spawn on/around players that are off deed, 1 kingdom completes a mission, valrei creatures spawn on enemies shortly after.

Used to be true, got changed.

Now you have a 5% chance on each mission completion for your god to take control of a valrei creature, and spawn them at will. (generally around once a day)

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Jberg, July 25, 2013 - OT
Hidden by Jberg, July 25, 2013 - OT

I AM POLAR BEAR

• Like 1

I"ve had several spawns on me, its allways been when I"m at least 200 tiles away from a deed. We also had a bunch of eaglespirts jump a tower capping party, which was interesting, especially since it was on a mountain and we were getting thrown everywhere. :D    I've never had any val cridder spawn on me while I've been on a deed, or in a mine,  though I do agree they are deffinatly regional or something.   

From What I've been able to tell they spawn about 80-100 tiles away from the larger deeds.  The smaller ones do not get many spawns.    They have a very big tendency to spawn in the same locations over and over again.   (At least with the nogumps)  

It not so much the fact that they spawn but that they spawn on single players in groups of 3 or so, directly ontop of them.  If its a creatue that can throw you, often you instantly get thrown, even when moving at the time.    I had that happen with me with a nogump and it threw me inside a tree and I couldn't move as well, I had to wait until it tossed me again until I could limp off to heal.    

As I've stated in more than a few other posts, this is a very difficult problem with a server that has a low population like Chaos, because we are concentrated in a few village, the creatures add up very quickly.   If Nogumps were even a tad bit slower I don't think they would be as much of an issue.  The biggest problem we have is that they can outrun a barded horse, and with almost everything trying to attack your horse these days, barding is almost nessisary.    Even with a bison meatshield I still have about ever other cridder try to take a chunk out of my horsie.   

What needs to be done is to lower how many spawn at once.  If the online population is less than 50, make it only one creature per spawn.  50-80 should be two and 80+ should be the current rate of 3.   

I know they spawn in groups of 1-3, but I've noticed they almost always spawn in groups of 3, and sometimes all champs.   This is the major issue here.  

Looking at the change objectively, I like the new creatures, they are a good challenge, but some work on their spawn mechanics and balancing is VERY MUCH NEEDED!  Heh.    

Edited by Battlepaw