Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Please Remove All The Anti Pvp Rules On The Epic Cluster

That entertaining mix of ego and crazy. :lol:

i tell ppl to go back to freedom or move to BLE or MRH not to quit the game JKH must be converted from a carebear place to a actual PVP server and its making great strides ppl just need to learn to trap ppl and not let them get to the mines to be able to log off..... or dont show up with 20 ppl for 4 ppl of course they are going to log the gank bonus always wins and you have to remember they have a massive CR nerf which that also needs to be removed since there are tons of 70+ fs toons on the homeservers now

What is it with you deed-rapists and using the excuse that you're out to empower JKH with your actions?  Like seriously, WHAT'S THE DEAL.  lol

I don't get how you haven't gotten nos off the server yet if he is such a problem.

Apparently Ownage was the one who organized the solitude raid, no clue how you cant do the same.

Really, if 1 person can attack a couple peoples deeds a week, how can the entire server not go and attack that persons deed and that person?
Who cares if you go hunted if there are 20 of you and 1 of him and some f2p alts.

[19:23:13] Adolescent fat sly brown bear becomes aggravated and attacks you!

[19:23:13] You have received the hunted status and may be attacked without penalty for half an hour.

edit: just null crashed and came back to see the bear is hunted now as well.....

Taming practice in the deed perimeter area? (JKH)

I thought this had been fixed?

Edited by Heboric

I read through this in its entirity...

+1 for removing home servers... They are barely more than care bear freedom types wanting the epic skill up speed boost.

----

Also If we want true PvP, we need solid objectives to "win" be it a whole war, GENUNIELY rare, (but not overpowered) loot... , or something else that provides incentive to actually get in there and fight..

I still think the best way is a rolling chain of wars, or campaigns with objectives set for each won, and an outcomes possible.  With the opportunity for people to then changes sides at the end of each war.

Otherwise the ongoing circle of poking each other in the eye, trolling local and griefing will continue ad-infinitum.

I read through this in its entirity...

+1 for removing home servers... They are barely more than care bear freedom types wanting the epic skill up speed boost.

I completely agree and have always said it but if they must remain then this was my next suggestion to help.

lol Kar, I missed you mate welcome back :P

• Like 1

[19:23:13] Adolescent fat sly brown bear becomes aggravated and attacks you!

[19:23:13] You have received the hunted status and may be attacked without penalty for half an hour.

edit: just null crashed and came back to see the bear is hunted now as well.....

Taming practice in the deed perimeter area? (JKH)

I thought this had been fixed?

Well...

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/84192-hunted-status-after-killing-your-own-pet/

I completely agree and have always said it but if they must remain then this was my next suggestion to help.

lol Kar, I missed you mate welcome back :P

I'm tired of arguing about this. So lets compromise. Split the home servers off and make them an independant Troika of Non or Limited PvP servers. Separate from the freedom cluster and detached from elevation. Keep the curve and everything else. The kingdoms can stay too for effect just make them happy peaceful neighbors (BLH too). Problem solved and everyone wins. (except epic which will falter and die out quickly, but you were warned)

Edited by Joanavon

I think Epic would survive fine without home servers, just as Wild did for years detached from Freedom.

• Like 2

I'm tired of arguing about this. So lets compromise. Split the home servers off and make them an independant Troika of Non or Limited PvP servers. Separate from the freedom cluster and detached from elevation. Keep the curve and everything else. The kingdoms can stay too for effect just make them happy peaceful neighbors (BLH too). Problem solved and everyone wins. (except epic which will falter and die out quickly, but you were warned)

Haaaa nice try. Either go back to freedom or beef up or remove home servers altogether. Why do you think you're so special that you should keep your server and skill curve and character and have the game change around you to not be subjected to pvp and raiders? You knew what you signed up for.

• Like 2

Haaaa nice try. Either go back to freedom or beef up or remove home servers altogether. Why do you think you're so special that you should keep your server and skill curve and character and have the game change around you to not be subjected to pvp and raiders? You knew what you signed up for.

Without saying I would want that particular solution myself why exactly would it affect you if Joan got his wish? The servers would have nothing to do with you...so they wouldn't bother you anymore than Freedom does now. There seem to be lots of players happy enough with a limited pvp game along the lines Joan just suggested so there would probably be demand for that form of the game.

Scared too many people might want to leave this Epic stupidity behind maybe?

And again this BS "you knew what you signed up for" comes out. That is so patently untrue considering Rolf's post on the subject of what JKH/MRH are actually intended to be that I seriously wonder sometimes if people even bother to read all the posts made, or simply cherry pick the ones they think they will agree with and disregard the rest completely.. According to Rolf JKH/MRH are meant to have a limited level of pvp - certainly not as much as either Elevation or BLH. He stated that in black and white earlier in the thread.

So I have to ask myself - who exactly is it that doesn't appear to understand what THEY signed up for?

Edited by Heboric

Because it doesn't work that way. You can't suddenly change your mind 2 years into a server and expect to keep all your progress and benefits from that server. There's no way Rolf would ever split the home servers off the cluster without destroying them completely and resetting all the accounts and skills and terraforming. That's what NEW servers are for.

"so there would probably be demand for that form of the game."

That form of playing already exists. If you want a non-pvp server, you simply portal your character to one of the Freedom servers, not ask developers to change a pvp server to fit your comfort.  If you choose the Epic server, you forfeit that protection and should expect competition.

Epic was created by player suggestions. Just because a handful of wimps can't take the heat doesn't mean the majority that play don't want any pvp at all. It took like 2 years to get Epic launched, and everyone anticipated epic pvp and mission carnage. Sorry if you somehow feel misled by the server you chose? In my opinion, you can't judge epic by the home servers anyway.

What "epic stupidity" is to you is simply home server drama that majority of Epic players don't have to deal with because they simply fight back or go to Elevation. Home servers were only ever meant as a training ground for people to step up into the Elevation environment. Sitting on home servers for your entire epic career without any challenge or intention to participate on Elevation was never the plan. Requesting for home servers to be split and non-pvp is never going to happen so get over it. You act like the only way you could possibly continue playing is with GM intervention or devs completely sheltering you, that's ######.

YOU are the one cherry picking 2 sentences out of Rolf's entire essay and repeating them way out of context to fit your goals. Nowhere did he say that the homes ervers were meant to be non-pvp or even less pvp. That's entirely player driven and he says the rep system in place is the only non-griefing authority and that only people who aren't aware of their rep will get converted. He also says that it works better this way than no reputation at all. All he says is JK/MR are not intended to be free-pvp kingdoms, which they aren't. It still taxes a griefer's reputation and causes them to take a break for a few days. You're acting like it's total chaos 24/7 when really it's just 1 person and 3-4 BL with alts causing minor damage every few days. That's entirely within the scope of the home servers and is nowhere near the full pvp on Elevation and Affliction. You're framing it 100x worse than it really is, and if you simply compete you would overcome that.

Edited by Versai
  • Like 1

They should just screw it and replace/add a new Epic server that's like 6k tiles x 6k tiles or something crazy like that, and be done with it. :D

I see no reason why it would be a good idea for rolf to ignore what has proven to be a very large and profitable market and product that the home servers have on their own really and if anything not withstanding the negative effects of elevation. All without disturbing or destabilizing the most important business unit to the company that is freedom. Without the home servers Elevation is both a high cost in terms of development and problem (exploit abuse) solving and alone very likely to become a very low revenue unit. Remember what happened to wild in the end before it was remodeled into chaos and eventually merged with freedom. Except elevation i'd wager would clear out much faster and much more dramatically. But keeping it open even if it does become desolate could for a while at least hem in and quiet it's small but thunderous population in terms of volume. 

I'd wager highly that a Home Troika with the kingdom aesthetics but without the pvp keeping the curve and the rest of it's epic entitlements would very quickly become a massive hit both in terms of player utilization and enjoyment as well as cold hard cash all with very little (compared to elevations) upkeep or oversight. 

Facts are and have always been: The home servers made epic even though they have had to sustain the negative and costly influence and effects of elevation around their necks. 

Because it doesn't work that way. You can't suddenly change your mind 2 years into a server and expect to keep all your progress and benefits from that server. There's no way Rolf would ever split the home servers off the cluster without destroying them completely and resetting all the accounts and skills and terraforming. That's what NEW servers are for.

"so there would probably be demand for that form of the game."

That form of playing already exists. If you want a non-pvp server, you simply portal your character to one of the Freedom servers, not ask developers to change a pvp server to fit your comfort.  If you choose the Epic server, you forfeit that protection and should expect competition.

Epic was created by player suggestions. Just because a handful of wimps can't take the heat doesn't mean the majority that play don't want any pvp at all. It took like 2 years to get Epic launched, and everyone anticipated epic pvp and mission carnage. Sorry if you somehow feel misled by the server you chose? In my opinion, you can't judge epic by the home servers anyway.

What "epic stupidity" is to you is simply home server drama that majority of Epic players don't have to deal with because they simply fight back or go to Elevation. Home servers were only ever meant as a training ground for people to step up into the Elevation environment. Sitting on home servers for your entire epic career without any challenge or intention to participate on Elevation was never the plan. Requesting for home servers to be split and non-pvp is never going to happen so get over it. You act like the only way you could possibly continue playing is with GM intervention or devs completely sheltering you, that's ######.

YOU are the one cherry picking 2 sentences out of Rolf's entire essay and repeating them way out of context to fit your goals. Nowhere did he say that the homes ervers were meant to be non-pvp or even less pvp. That's entirely player driven and he says the rep system in place is the only non-griefing authority and that only people who aren't aware of their rep will get converted. He also says that it works better this way than no reputation at all. All he says is JK/MR are not intended to be free-pvp kingdoms, which they aren't. It still taxes a griefer's reputation and causes them to take a break for a few days. You're acting like it's total chaos 24/7 when really it's just 1 person and 3-4 BL with alts causing minor damage every few days. That's entirely within the scope of the home servers and is nowhere near the full pvp on Elevation and Affliction. You're framing it 100x worse than it really is, and if you simply compete you would overcome that.

Save it, your not fooling anyone into believing you are pushing for actual legitimate pvp and not what your actually pushing for which is ganks and tears. your suppositions are not only harmful and destructive to the clusters player base and revenue steam but they are also harmful and destructive to your own prospects of pvp in the future. Your shortsighted and absurd self interest in the short term at the cost of the long term is a massive red flag for anyone considering the validity and honesty of these suggestions/rants.

Suggestion:

Perhaps your better suited to the less contentious and more stable environment on freedom. Moving there would take your mind off epics issues and maybe even inspire you to farm. 

Edited by Joanavon

Move JKH to Freedom cluster, remove anti-pvp from everything else, problem solved.

• Like 1

Move JKH to Freedom cluster, remove anti-pvp from everything else, problem solved.

Deal. so long as we get to keep the epic skill curve which would preclude ever being actually connected to freedom but i'd accept that package none the less. JKH would be a unique product that could easily take players from both freedom and whatever's left of epic

(With a little roadmapping i'd bet that we could take well over 40% of MRH's current population count at least and maybe closer to 50% short term as well as siphoning off 40-70% of what would have been new MRH players)

as well as being an attractive prospect to new players with it's reduced grind and likely burgeoning community. 

Save it, your not fooling anyone into believing you are pushing for actual legitimate pvp and not what your actually pushing for which is ganks and tears. your suppositions are not only harmful and destructive to the clusters player base and revenue steam but they are also harmful and destructive to your own prospects of pvp in the future. Your shortsighted and absurd self interest in the short term at the cost of the long term is a massive red flag for anyone considering the validity and honesty of these suggestions/rants.

Suggestion:

Perhaps your better suited to the less contentious and more stable environment on freedom. Moving there would take your mind off epics issues and maybe even inspire you to farm. 

LOL I don't even know where you're coming from. Do you even Ele, bro? Only one who's fooling is yourself. There's no issues on Elevation to keep my mind off of lmao, the place is a dreamland, everything Wild had and more. Difference is I embrace the pvp and challenges; you clearly want to be coddled on a Freedom server, so simply GO THERE. You're just projecting your home server drama on the entire cluster and whining to have things YOUR way when your way is not what the majority wants. Glad you're CCAB's financial analyst though, I'm sure they'll be quivering to hear how vital players like you are to their revenue.

Telling you now that home servers will never leave Epic cluster, and you are never going to get freedom rules on Serenity. The closest it would come is a new freedom server, maybe with the skill curves, but I highly doubt that. And there's no way you would get to keep your account's currently curved skills on a fresh server. Keep dreaming dude. 

Edited by Versai

LOL I don't even know where you're coming from. Do you even Ele, bro? Only one who's fooling is yourself. There's no issues on Elevation to keep my mind off of lmao, the place is a dreamland, everything Wild had and more. Difference is I embrace the pvp and challenges; you clearly want to be coddled on a Freedom server, so simply GO THERE. You're just projecting your home server drama on the entire cluster and whining to have things YOUR way when your way is not what the majority wants. Glad you're CCAB's financial analyst though, I'm sure they'll be quivering to hear how vital players like you are to their revenue.

Telling you now that home servers will never leave Epic cluster, and you are never going to get freedom rules on Serenity. The closest it would come is a new freedom server, maybe with the skill curves, but I highly doubt that. And there's no way you would get to keep your account's currently curved skills on a fresh server. Keep dreaming dude. 

[Talking Point 1]  I would have no problem at all sacrificing my Current account on epic to start over on an Epic skill curved non-pvp cluster. None what so ever. As for what the "majority" wants in terms of mechanical and rule types on epic they have clearly chosen the home server model and have always chosen it since there can be no greater endorsement or choice then the place where you live. The only Epic Server that Elevation has consistently been chosen over the past almost 2 years is BLH with MRH and JKH trouncing it resoundingly. Often by factors of 2 or 3. 

[Talking Point 2] If as you proclaim that the current situation and dynamic on elevation is "dreamland" then why are you so angry? Why then should you in such issues be of emotional stake in the home servers in the first place? Since apparently elevation is (for you) everything you want, need, and desire and devoid of problems, bugs or areas that could be improved you are quite a lucky and exceedingly rare type of player to be in such a perfect situation. It's hard to imagine how you can tear yourself away from it to read this forum at all...

[Talking Point 1]  I would have no problem at all sacrificing my Current account on epic to start over on an Epic skill curved non-pvp cluster. None what so ever. As for what the "majority" wants in terms of mechanical and rule types on epic they have clearly chosen the home server model and have always chosen it since there can be no greater endorsement or choice then the place where you live. The only Epic Server that Elevation has consistently been chosen over the past almost 2 years is BLH with MRH and JKH trouncing it resoundingly. Often by factors of 2 or 3. 

[Talking Point 2] If as you proclaim that the current situation and dynamic on elevation is "dreamland" then why are you so angry? Why then should you in such issues be of emotional stake in the home servers in the first place? Since apparently elevation is (for you) everything you want, need, and desire and devoid of problems, bugs or areas that could be improved you are quite a lucky and exceedingly rare type of player to be in such a perfect situation. It's hard to imagine how you can tear yourself away from it to read this forum at all...

If Elevation was also free to play, the numbers might be a little different, its tough to say but ftp accounts do show up in server counts.

If Elevation was also free to play, the numbers might be a little different, its tough to say but ftp accounts do show up in server counts.

Elevation trails JKH and MRH on premium accounts as well though not by as wide of margins and without absolute consistency from epic's open until now. regardless even if 1/3 of F2p accounts are actually played by non premium players and are also not an alt it would be significant. Elevation alone due to it's Premium only status would without the home servers struggle to obtain and retain new players as well. 

Edited by Joanavon