Sign in to follow this  
SmeJack

Please Remove All The Anti Pvp Rules On The Epic Cluster

I've spent a lot of time thinking about the whole reputation system and I honestly don't understand it, I figure that it is in place to 'prevent' inter-kingdom griefing or the like I guess but it just opens the door for a different kind of griefing by using the rep system to its advantage. People say its a pvp server and they need to learn to accept that but isn't the rep system in itself anti pvp? Then there is the end of the line where if you do enough bad stuff you will turn BL which has a 30 day cool down before being able to convert back and if you happen to be one of the poor sods that accidently uses a take bind on a pile of items you're stuck BL and there goes a months premium in misery because you have to wait to go home. Two sides of the fence for every situation each way you look at things and in the end I'm just left wondering why we have the rep system at all....

If the servers truly are pvp then its my opinion that we don't have any of this nonsense at all and just remove it completely, especially when it means your kingdom mates cant even pick up your corpse on an enemy home server if you die. If someone is griefing their own kingdom then let the kingdom deal with it and not some kind of game mechanic that does as much good as it does bad.

The reputation system, hunted, all of it please take it away and burn it

• Like 24

I don't care about the rep system for thieving actions (ones such as 'stealing'), that is whatever to me.  But hunted, rep hits, all that garbage from pvp I am beyond game for it to be removed.  Any time I'm on any home server, I have fear from going hunted, or a kingdom mate going hunted, and then people start losing rep, or can't even use pillar spells without hitting them, and so forth.

These are pvp servers, not 'baby sit me with anti-pvp mechanics' servers.

• Like 2

-1 go bl if you don't like the rep system

• Like 4

+1 , this also removes the ability for people to convert to one kingdom then rep convert to BL while they still have a convert timer

+1 to taking away rep systems we can attack whoever we want since its a PVP server to hell with the anti PVP mechanics

I don't see why it should be wise to have fights within the own kingdom. Maybe give them fight skill for fighting it's own kingdom too O.o ?

big -1

But a big +1 for disabling auto convert to BL.

• Like 2

I don't see why it should be wise to have fights within the own kingdom. Maybe give them fight skill for fighting it's own kingdom too O.o ?

Did you choose to ignore reasons given, or just didn't care to read it?

I'm in support of removing the Hunted system, but not removal of the rep system for stealing.

If anything, there should be a function change that 'take' never can actuate to 'steal' so that it must be an intentional choice to attempt the function.

• Like 1

Although I have no suggestion, the reputation and hunted system is clearly flawed and should be removed though as said I don't know how to prevent players abusing the same kingdom attacks to grief etc.

Internal kingdom sabotage and griefing is not PvP. It is unacceptable mechanics abuse and as BLH's long history of abysmal population, deplorable reputation and unlikely prospects of improvement in the near future should be a live lesson in the effects such a pro-troll griefers paradise mechanics system has long and short term.

• Like 1

Internal kingdom sabotage and griefing is not PvP.

So untrue.

edit: big +1

Edited by LorenaMontana

There's been way too much carebear creep. Rolf constantly sides with the freedomers who are only on epic for the skill curve. More and more of these hand holding rules are ending up on Elevation. We do not want and we do not need this crap on our server. Enough is enough.

As for the home servers, the unsandbox worthy rules are abused by throw away alts to grief players that can't defend without penalty.

+1 to removing this garbage.

-1 ppl on the wl home servers will just kill each other for loot since its very populated.

• Like 2

+1

you shouldn't play alone on Epic, ever, there are even kingdoms in place to make you work with people to a point, saying that you should be able to defend anything, or find people to group with to defend each other, if you do the 'lone wolf' play style, there's just 0 reason why you should even play on Epic, because cooperation is so vital, there's even mechanics to force you to do it sometimes.

If that wouldn't be viable you could remove the effects of 'hunted'(not getting hit by anyone's pillars, not randomly attacking people while on boat trips,etc.) and in replace add some way to tell each others reputation, simple as examining the other person, or even just keep [HUNTED] and remove the effects, whatever tf stops people getting hit by dumb stuff for no reason

Edited by Cornchips
  • Like 2

-1 ppl on the wl home servers will just kill each other for loot since its very populated.

For once I actually agree with her

-1 There are still ways to prevent the problems that are occurring without removing order in the WL kingdoms by removing the rep system. Removing it would turn the WL kingdoms into another HOTS, which is something that I don't like. If you are in the same kingdom, you are allies. Otherwise people will just convert to damage an enemy kingdom instead of raiding it. At this point, we might as well allow all kingdoms to settle on home servers, and maybe even PMKs too.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Rolf constantly sides with the freedomers who are only on epic for the skill curve

HEY Epic Skill curve does nothing for freedomers...Those skills DO NOT return to freedom with them! Cant even take items or anything else from Epic back to freedom..is like two totally different characters...

Edited by Emane
  • Like 1

HEY Epic Skill curve does nothing for freedomers...Those skills DO NOT return to freedom with them! Cant even take items or anything else from Epic back to freedom..is like two totally different characters...

You can leave Freedom, but Freedom never leaves you.

Edited by Fawkes
  • Like 2

If you remove all the pvp rules, you'd have an eve-esk type of pvp system. Just food for thought.

+1 for war declarations, keep the stealing rep system though.

-1 There are still ways to prevent the problems that are occurring without removing order in the WL kingdoms by removing the rep system. Removing it would turn the WL kingdoms into another HOTS, which is something that I don't like. If you are in the same kingdom, you are allies. Otherwise people will just convert to damage an enemy kingdom instead of raiding it. At this point, we might as well allow all kingdoms to settle on home servers, and maybe even PMKs too.

That's a load of crap.  I played on Wild, and guess how many anti-pvp rules we had in the end?  Zero.  Guess how much abuse there was?  Zero.  Why?  Because if someone even so much as attempted to start griefing, we banded together and stopped it, and it was over.

I'm willing to lose every person on Epic standing for these anti-pvp rules, with the ultimatum of maintaining the pvp aspect of every pvp server.  If I wanted to play on Freedom, I'd be playing there now.

• Like 2