Sign in to follow this  
Pottis

Disable Fw Amulets In Enemy Presence

133 members have voted

1. 1. Disable fw amulets in enemy presence

• Yes
    • No
    • 24 hour cooldown

Why not simply put a 24hr cooldown on farwalkers? This way people who have spent RL money on them don't feel cheated but instead of FW being a failsafe, you would have to use them strategically.

Sure you could burn a charge running in to get that kill but would you be able to make it back out alive?

Maybe you would come off deed to face a 5v1 knowing you had a chance to FW back on deed when things went south...

+1

I haven't been on the pvp scene for a while but I have to agree with this, I've used so many charges of FW's to save my skin that i've lost count yet couldn't agree more that they were and no doubt still are damaging to the pvp scene.

I've still got a few but would be quite content to see a cooldown slapped on their usage - Though there should be no workaround for those with multiple FWs, should be a one time use then cooldown, not one use per FW.

• Like 1

I like the idea of a cooldown implemented. Only for PvP that is.

The size of the map is more detrimental to the pvp "scene" then FW

• Like 1

Adding a cooldown is a nice idea aswell, 24 hour cooldown. But then it should be in such a way that the character gets the cooldown and not the actual FW amulet used. Else people could have 3-4 amulets and not be affected by the cooldown as it was intended.

• Like 1

I voted no because I didn't like the alternative. Add the cooldown option to the poll and allow us to change vote.

• Like 2

Nosyt I dont know how to allow people to change votee how? but i updated with Another option the 24 h cooldown

Edited by Pottis

Worked out perfectly, I was able to delete my vote and revote.

Good. Now we only need to get Ahold of Rolf so he can make this change Before Friday.

Rolf are you Reading this threads?

Adding to the 24hr cooldown idea:

Could make it a 24hr cooldown on the player if used in the presence of enemy. If no enemy, you can use to your hearts content. This would in essence allow anyone on non pvp servers to have absolutely no nerf to their FW, unless they stepped onto a pvp server with them.

• Like 1

This is a great post Pottis, sadly all the options weren't on the table before people started voting. I think there is a great population of Wurm that find FW to be a problem however a lot of people invested RL $ in these items so dislike the idea of a nerf.

Sadly Rolf doesn't generally get around to reading these forums and when he does its even less likely he will comment. While I don't blame Rolf one bit, it does lead to the belief that nothing will be done and people don't bother to weigh in one way or the other.

The idea of a 24hr player cooldown when enemies are in localon seems fair to all parties as it will give people the comfort to pvp as

• it wont effect players on non pvp servers
  • if in pvp you have a 1x possible escape
  • in pvp you have a 1x strategic use of extra speed at great risk since you don't have a second to get you out of trouble

Obviously there are other possibilities I've not thought of but with a cooldown people will have to at least be conscious of their use and it wont be a guaranteed safety net.

Sadly the chance of getting this implemented is slim. Your best bet is to track Rolf down on IRC but even then you would be far more likely to get results if you had an overwhelming poll in favor of a specific change.

Yes the idea with 24 hour cooldown is very good.

Still will be a good change for everyone, making more people pvp at same terms.

I'm all for removing-refunding, 24hr cool-down or not working in enemy presence.

---

The size of the map is more detrimental to the pvp "scene" then FW

Actually the size of the map is quite nice, it allows for more areas to be built up and more land to be claimed.

Chaos is more of a land control + PvP + raiding. Where Epic is mainly just PvP + raiding.

I'm not saying Epic isn't about land control, I'm stating that Chaos has more land to grab, hold, take and lose.

It also allows for possibly more kingdoms in the future to start up (if they ever pop up), many areas are still empty and good for building on.

Also your statement has really nothing to do with the topic at hand, I'm not even sure why I put up an argument over it.

4 year old dead horse, bury it.

And yet another statement that provides no contribution to the topic.

Also I think Chaos has been around for 5+ years, not 4.

The server isn't even dead so why even comment that it is?

Edited by Kswords

Too bad the jk were not so agreeable when this was suggested years ago.

Those darn JK, always messing things up...

Anyways do you have anything constructive to add about a 24hr cooldown if used with enemies in local? Would be nice to get a fix implemented even if it has taken "years".

Keep on topic please. If you dont have anything constructive to add then refrain from littering down this post please.

Far walkers are both bad and good for PvP on chaos and I like the fact Chaos has these old items laying around to spice things up.

Those items are a window of opportunity that should be at least nerfed if not removed. No account of mine can 1 v 1 an equivalent stat-wise account because of these items. At least not without a whole load of luck.

Far walkers are both bad and good for PvP on chaos and I like the fact Chaos has these old items laying around to spice things up.

Spice things up... You mean run away when you hit wounded or lower? Or do you mean run through 5 guys to gank 1 at dying and then run back?

They are good if you want to get into a fight fast, but who uses them for that?

Please explain why they're so good for PvP.

Imba item that provides little to no balance in a pvp setting. inb4 save my scale

Those items are a window of opportunity that should be at least nerfed if not removed. No account of mine can 1 v 1 an equivalent stat-wise account because of these items. At least not without a whole load of luck.

I just realized your argument makes no sense.

Farwalker Amulets were given as a Christmas gift which would not make them a Window of Opportunity.

Technically you can't 1v1 someone because they run away after using an amulet charge if they're bleeding or dying.

Edited by Kswords

"The farwalker amulet was a gift given out by Santa to all premium players who visited him during the week of Christmas 2007." quotation from wiki. How does this not point to these items as being a window of opportunity. Without being purchased from or gifted by players who received amulets during this event they are unavailable to newer players; hence window of opportunity. Secondly as for the luck element the user may screw up by using his farwalker while out of stamina, fall into a mine or any number of potential calamities. So read before you type in future please