Sign in to follow this  
Kaldari

Willow Vale Deeps, Recruiting Villagers

Willow Vale Deeps, situated at 27x 45y on Independence (about 20 minutes walk from Freedom Market, less by boat), has a few spaces for more villagers.

There is a lot of mining being done in the area, both in the Willow Vale mine and for the Magranon`s Scar highway project, plus the farmland on the deed is producing more than the villagers need so this would be an excellent opportunity for anyone with a Mag priest alt (and it would be good to have a spellcaster available).

The only requirement I have is that you help tend the farm and animals, other than those, your time is your own.
There are several large scale projects underway in the surrounding area. You won`t be expected to help on these, but if you`re willing to, then all the better.

While I would prefer English speaking European players (I`m British) with premium, that`s not essential (well, the premium isn`t, but the English is, unless we can somehow use sign language...)

About the deed:

It`s 21x25, with several house plots already outlined or under construction. The sanded area to the left is partly on deed, and is being dug down to make room for more housing.

Deedview-toNW.png

Close to the sea (and involved in constructing a harbour) so easy access to water. There is also a plan to hollow out a cavern beneath the deed as an underground dock and shipyard, and link it to the harbour via canal.

Bearsharkharbour.png

Canalentrance.png

Has an on-deed templar (who covers the mine entrance), and surrounded by guard towers, so the area is secure.

An ever expanding mine, with a number of veins (mainly iron of varying qualities) already exposed. There is copper, tin, zinc, silver, lead and much iron in the area, but as yet only lead, zinc and iron have been found in the WV mine.

The surrounding area is well forested (including an on deed oak plantation), so easy access to plentiful timber, and there will be terraced orchards and vineyards for fruits and grapes.

DeedviewtoSE.png

There is a mailbox with a Courier 91 enchantment only a few minutes walk away at the harbour

The dawn view from Pellandria`s Colossus, with Dragon Fang mountain to the north east (Willow Vale is out of shot on the bottom left of the screen):

NorthernDawn.png

Village Projects:
Terraform the surrounding area into additional grazing land and orchards

Mine out a cavern (underground shipyard) beneath the deed, and link it via canal to an exit at the harbour

Expand the mine to uncover more veins.

You can contact me either ingame (Kaldari), as I`m often on most evenings, or send a forum PM, if you have any questions about anything :)

Edited by Kaldari

Still some spaces available for new villagers.

I must confess to not being on as much these days, due to trying out 'Timber and Stone' (blame Farelle for that one) and playing Dwarf Fortress again :)

Still some places available, and new neighbours, so the area is a bit livelier

Friendly bump from a tourist who was very impressed by your well organized deed and the friendly welcome I receive when ever I visit.

Cheers! Hughmongus

Hi there,

I am looking at starting the game, just downloading the client now.

Looking for a group of players to join and yours looks very interesting. Are you interesting in taking on a newb? I am willing to focus on whatever is needed, so if you need a spellcaster / miner happy to do that.

Hello Illegalname (is that really your forum name, or were you naughty and the forum changed your name?) :)

I`ve no problem taking on a newb. Joining a deed is the best thing a newbie can do, because initially going solo with low skill means low quality materials and constructions, which means faster decay off deed, and decay is a fun killer due to having to spend so much time making repairs.

As for doing what`s needed, that`s entirely up to you. I personally get bored quickly, so I have various projects on the go which I switch between.

Like the upgrades being done on the harbor. Looks fantastic! Keep up the good work Kaldari and Merfin.

Good to hear that you like the harbour, Reese. That`s where the dirt you`re digging is goi...wait...what are you doing on the forums...get back to work! :D

Oh, my name, I read my name.

But credit where credit is due, the harbour is all Kaldari's doing. I'll only profit from it, once I get a boat here ;)

Beyond that, I can only agree. It's a nice deed, and I'm glad to have such good neighbours, and welcome any more new allies that find the way to our area.

Cheers, and happy wurming.

As much as I`d like to, I can`t take full credit for the harbour as Farelle started it off. I`ve just been using it as a place to dump dirt from the diggings around my deed :D