Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Allow Houses To Be Planned With Masonry Skill

There are some people that have a much higher masonry skill than carpentry i think you should be able to plan a houses with a trowel and it uses your masonry skills in the same way it does now for a mallet/hammer with carpentry. This way if a person has a higher masonry skill they can use that higher skill to make a bigger house plan. 

Seems natural, +1. But maybe someone knows why it's like this at the moment.

Use whichever skill is higher or perhaps the median?

Use whichever skill is higher or perhaps the median?

Everything, just not median, unless this will lead to bigger houses. I reached 50+ carpentry with masonry below 20, it wouldn't be fair then.

+1 makes sense to me.  Partial interchangeability of tools is already in game with mallet and hammer, so doing something similar with trowel and mallet/hammer shouldn't be a big deal, I wouldn't think.

Make things better for new players who are trying to puzzle out what goes where and what builds what.

Thats where i got this from i am just now leveling my alt on the new cluster and worked hard yesterday to get the 30 masonry and then not be able to build the first house i wanted because i needed more carpentry, lol

Thats where i got this from i am just now leveling my alt on the new cluster and worked hard yesterday to get the 30 masonry and then not be able to build the first house i wanted because i needed more carpentry, lol

See you did it in the wrong order. First you build the hobo shack, move on to a larger wooden house, then you build stone housing. ;)

I read the most recent updates on the client, one was buildings can now be planned with a trowel instead of mallet. Could this be the actual fix in the op, or just what it says it is and still carp based.

They talked about using a trowel to plan house floors but you can not plan walls or the building itself. I do think you should be able to though and since they are already expanding the trowels uses it would be a good time to add it..IMO

Edited by Kegan

weekly repost, eh Tyroon?

What are you talking about? weekly repost tyroon? i think you must have me mixed up with someone else

Edit: I found out what you were talking about doing a search of your posts to see who you were. I seen there was another thread about this that you posted in but no it was not posted by me. I did do a search of "trowel house plan" before i posted this and nothing come up so i went ahead and posted this. Guess i am not the only one that thinks the idea is a good one.  

Edited by Kegan

its an excellent idea, one that i have wished to be changed for a long time.

Or even just change it so wooden houses use carpentry to plan, stone use masonry.

Probably made upwards of 80 houses, have 48 writs on me atm for this deed.  My masonry is much higher than my carpentry, but if I want to plan something big I have to ask for help from my crazy shipbuilding villager.  He's made 3 houses since playing the game....

I want iron houses that i can plan with my blacksmithing  :D

• Like 1

No you'll have a tent you can plan with your spindle if you don't watch.

Tents would be epic. Tent pegs, anyone? Limited to, say, 2x2 area, easy to destroy, but very easy to make.