Sign in to follow this  
MrGARY

Epic Scenario Points Reset On Kingdom Conversion

Seeing as no one else has brought this to attention and many feel this way, if you convert kingdoms your scenario points should either 1. reset to zero or 2. change to your new kingdom.  When you convert from one kingdom to another, you no longer support that kingdom and its assigned diety, and as such for your betrayal should never receive awards from them.  Obviously, missions may require some hard work and effort put into completing them, so I believe they should remain, but convert to work as scenario points for your current kingdom/diety.

As we've seen from the last scenario, there's no reason someone that has been "supporting" a god for a week or two at most to benefit from the same rewards as those dedicated to the god from the beginning to the end.  Small chance or not to get the rewards, to see an enemy get what you should own for your hard work is both confusing and frustrating, considering how beneficial and rare the rewards can be.  Bearing in mind, we're talking about Epic end game material here.

• Like 1

+1 either option is fine by me, why should you be rewarded from the kingdom you left so im good with the points wipe but it doesn't bother me for them to be kept and shift to the new deity either.

-1/+1/2

kag was forced out of the PMK from rolf going back on his word because posteh's bawling all the time. since this could happen again i would have to say keep all scenario points to the specific deity when rolf goes back on his word. but other then that when someone DECIDES to convert on there own free will then yes the points should follow them to there new deity.

-1 for no other reason than because every suggestion a BLer makes gets -1'd to hell by you guys even though the logic is sound and makes sense.

• Like 5

+1

Would go with #1 over #2 so someone cant do all the missions in a kingdom, then swap to whoever looks like they will win the scenario, showing up with a boatload of tickets.

Edited by Kagrenac

-1 for no other reason than because every suggestion a BLer makes gets -1'd to hell by you guys even though the logic is sound and makes sense.

Thats real mature my man.

Ever think the things your kingdom mates suggest... Are just not good suggestions for the balance of the game?  Stop looking at it from just your perspective and take a step back.

Its obvious enemies of a god shouldn't get any rewards if they convert, just make it so the Winning God chooses a current follower at the end of the scenario instead of the bull that happened last scenario.

Edited by Ezalor
  • Like 2

+1. As I poster before: "If this is working as intended (you do mission for a god and get tickets for that particular god) it can be easily abused. Since scenarios last for about a month, let me just do a mission for vynora and fo as JK, convert to HoTS/MR, do a mission for Libila/Mag and you get 75% chance that your god wins. After that you do it in reverse since it's 14/28 days for another convert. "

+1. Reset it or switch it to the new god that the person follows.

+1

"When you convert from one kingdom to another, you no longer support that kingdom and its assigned diety, and as such for your betrayal should never receive awards from them.

Well spoken and not a hard decision.

+1.

But the truth is that there's still a lot of windows of abuse, I was hoping there would be more requirements to be eligible for the rewards at the end of the scenario, such as 70fs, and maybe being a member of a village at least.  

Makes sense that at least you need to be the right kingdom, i can see what Postes means as you could just have a BL alt in a cave and do a couple missions, but then again not everyone is in a village, remembering that home server players are also in with a chance to win 

+1.

But the truth is that there's still a lot of windows of abuse, I was hoping there would be more requirements to be eligible for the rewards at the end of the scenario, such as 70fs, and maybe being a member of a village at least.  

Doubt that will happen, as the rewards are intended to be open to everyone who helps, and everyone getting a chance.

Limiting it to people who have fight skill or are a member of a village kinda goes against that.

+1

I'm still assuming this was an unintended and unforeseen loophole in the system. So this change would neatly address the issue.

-1. I don't think the outcome was confusing at all. Surprising, sure. But he did missions for mag, helped mag move toward victory. If it's really such a big deal that the converter get their tickets revoked by the previous god, then the help granted to the god should be revoked too. Reverse all the time shaved off his moves for each mission the converter completed. 

That would be more way confusing and illogical than it currently is though. MR's just really mad. But note that without kagrenac's help the scenario could have gone entirely differently and maybe Mag wouldn't have won at all. It's just petty to say someone who contributed shouldn't get credit.

• Like 1

-1. I don't think the outcome was confusing at all. Surprising, sure. But he did missions for mag, helped mag move toward victory. If it's really such a big deal that the converter get their tickets revoked by the previous god, then the help granted to the god should be revoked too. Reverse all the time shaved off his moves for each mission the converter completed. 

That would be more way confusing and illogical than it currently is though. MR's just really mad. But note that without kagrenac's help the scenario could have gone entirely differently and maybe Mag wouldn't have won at all. It's just petty to say someone who contributed shouldn't get credit.

Why should mag reward an enemy, whether or not he helped him at one time, he converted to an enemy religion, he stopped following magranon, so why should mag give a reward to someone who turned their back on him

Your logic really makes no sense, even if he did half the missions and then converted, why would a God give an enemy follower (especially a Libila follower) a special tome for casting spells that's used for the Epic endgame...

Like you say revert the help done by the people who do the missions.... they CHOSE to do the missions for that god, but then they turn around and leave.  They should be penalized not rewarded for leaving a faith.

"Oh boohoo Rolf forced us to disband a PMK that we were using for whitelight enchants and more kingdom titles"

Well yeah, BL and WL kingdoms are mortal enemies, what else did you guys expect when you made the PMK.  It was completely unbalanced.  And before you say oh JK and MR allied, well yeah we did, but we didn't get RT, bloodthirst, and web armor from it, nor a second set of kingdom titles for priests/fighters.

Imagine if someone did like 5 libila missions, converted, and got the tome when she won the scenario.  The amount of crap that would be on the forums would be astronomical... But you guys don't care about balance, you care about your side winning..

It's pretty obvious it makes no sense for your god to reward a player who once did a mission for him and then went away to a different kingdom. +1

That would be more way confusing and illogical than it currently is though. MR's just really mad.

Anyone would be mad, that was a long scenario, 2 months.  Work for two months, including doing a pylon in enemy lands, going to enemy home servers, etc.  That isn't easy work, that's a lot of time put into the game.  At the end of it all you work so hard only to not get the biggest reward, not to an inactive guy, a non-pvper, and not even to a Home player.. but instead to someone in an entirely different kingdom.  Anyone in that situation, BL, MR, or JK would be equally upset.  I can say personally I'd be pretty mad if Vynora/Fo won and we were given nothing at all.  It's probably worse for MR because Magranon has only one once ever, so you can understand the rarity to win and then to really actually lose.  They aren't asking anyone is banned, or the Tome is removed, he's just suggesting that it doesn't happen again to others.  That isn't mad, it's being constructive.  

Edited by Postes
  • Like 5

Anyone would be mad, that was a long scenario, 2 months.  Work for two months, including doing a pylon in enemy lands, going to enemy home servers, etc.  That isn't easy work, that's a lot of time put into the game.  At the end of it all you work so hard only to not get the biggest reward, not to an inactive guy, a non-pvper, and not even to a Home player.. but instead to someone in an entirely different kingdom.  Anyone in that situation, BL, MR, or JK would be equally upset.  I can say personally I'd be pretty mad if Vynora/Fo won and we were given nothing at all.  It's probably worse for MR because Magranon has only one once ever, so you can understand the rarity to win and then to really actually lose.  They aren't asking anyone is banned, or the Tome is removed, he's just suggesting that it doesn't happen again to others.  That isn't mad, it's being constructive.  

That was actually mags second win, but yeah.

Tbh gods lore is shifty at best.  I could totally see mag doing something like this just to rustle some jimmies. 

You guys actually read any of the puppettalk/conversion speeches?  The gods are all trolls. Deception and drama all around. Lets just play it off as kag and lib were in a twisted plot to trick mag and were very successful.  Cause even tho mag claims to love vynora he always wanted to do it with a goth chick.  Knowing this, libila distracted him long enough for kag to make off with the book.

You gais approaching this 'issue' in the entirely wrong way.

Tbh gods lore is shifty at best.  I could totally see mag doing something like this just to rustle some jimmies. 

You guys actually read any of the puppettalk/conversion speeches?  The gods are all trolls. Deception and drama all around. Lets just play it off as kag and lib were in a twisted plot to trick mag and were very successful.  Cause even tho mag claims to love vynora he always wanted to do it with a goth chick.  Knowing this, libila distracted him long enough for kag to make off with the book.

You gais approaching this 'issue' in the entirely wrong way.

What the hell are you smokin' kid....

You have no clue

Yeah thing is the points are kept on the login server so there's some technical stuff required but will be able to fix eventually. I think the points should be wiped or people will just switch to the winning kingdom. Maybe just a small minority - we don't know - but it's usually not possible to simply change teams towards the end of a sport game or in warfare.

• Like 2