Sign in to follow this  
Cerber

Furnace To Melt The Ore Faster

right now it's really fast to mine ore, but it takes a lot of time to melt that ore

i'd like to see a furnace added, it would work as a forge but with much bigger volume to melt more ore at once

BUT to prevent it being used as an oversize forge, the only items that could fit in it would be ore and lumps, nothing else

+1 ...recently had to smelt 800 ore... took a while even with 2 high ql forges.

It's been suggested before to have larger forges, so more ore could be smelted down to metal at once, and we all agree it would be nice.  But when you use the word faster be careful.  Ore smelts in a couple of minutes now when it used to take much longer, almost 20 minutes sometimes, so most of us feel the speed at which it happens is fine now.

make more forges.

we dont need furnaces

im only saying this because i have a supreme forge ^^

• Like 1

i mean faster as in more at once, don't want instant melting neither

and i was expecting the "make more forge" comment, but how many would i have to make to melt down massive amount in a decent time?

i'm already using 3 90ql forges, and it takes hours to melt a boat load of ore

i'd much rather see a few furnaces than dozen of forges lying around my foundry, will be that less items that will take years to decay

+1

Furnace would be nice new furniture in houses :D

+1 every time it is suggested..which has been many....

i mean faster as in more at once, don't want instant melting neither

and i was expecting the "make more forge" comment, but how many would i have to make to melt down massive amount in a decent time?

i'm already using 3 90ql forges, and it takes hours to melt a boat load of ore

i'd much rather see a few furnaces than dozen of forges lying around my foundry, will be that less items that will take years to decay

Set up a lumper forge next to the vein.  Start it up and keep tossing the ore into the forge as you mine it, a good forge should almost keep up with your mining, smelting it down.

Set up a lumper forge next to the vein.  Start it up and keep tossing the ore into the forge as you mine it, a good forge should almost keep up with your mining, smelting it down.

tried that once, it doesn't keep up

and tbh the idea behind my foundry deed was to prevent seeing 100+ forges in the mine :)

i don't see any reason not to at least bump it up to 100 at a time even in a forge i think it would be fine. 

tried that once, it doesn't keep up

and tbh the idea behind my foundry deed was to prevent seeing 100+ forges in the mine :)

It's up to you how you want to do it.  But I hate making many trips with ore that produces lumps 1/20th the weight of the ore (or less), when I can move those lumps in a single trip.

-1, with two forges you can smelt 56 ores at a time, and it take what? 2,3 minutes? I don't see a need to boost this.

Well, if you've looked, 99% of the community has given a thumbs up to this idea every time it has been suggested. I've always said yes to it, as it is a nice idea. And one of the few good ideas on the suggestions thread in a while.

Well, if you've looked, 99% of the community has given a thumbs up to this idea every time it has been suggested. I've always said yes to it, as it is a nice idea. And one of the few good ideas on the suggestions thread in a while.

Yes, and I always -1 it. By mentioning 99% support, you suggest that I shut up, or change my mind?

I'd like to see smelters for smelting. In real life, ore wasn't smelted in a forge. It was smelted in a bloomery.

Maybe some sort of portable forge on wheels. Instead of making 100 forges in your mine, you could move a couple of them around to the vein your currently mining.

Yes, and I always -1 it. By mentioning 99% support, you suggest that I shut up, or change my mind?

Yes, because you are -1'ing based on personal feeling that it isn't needed, rather than objective complaints such as game balance.

2x 75ql forges = slow at smelting low ql lump. High ql lump isn't super fast but I can deal with it.

I'd still prefer either a furnace that holds a tonne of ore or at least increase the capacity of a forge (for ore only).

I get that it used to be a hell of alot slower, but if you have 1k of ore and want it all turned to lump and want it done first, then you're gonna need a bunch of high ql forges which is ridiculous especially as there's always a mention of too many items for the database to handle (isn't that why there's decay on everything??)

If I'm not mistaken the forge is based on weight and not item count. I'd ask for a bigger weight limit to handle 200 ore at a time.

Or they could seeing the iron ore is 20kg and ends up being 1 kg they could just lower the weight limit 5kg per ore chunk and this would still help out.

Edited by Arkonick

How about this the furnace Is tile locked like a tower can not be built inside a cave require high masonry 50+ works kind of like a Bsb you can add up to 200 ore (same kind not mixed also quality will even out)and 50 Kindling you can't use scrap or logs. Once lit it will burn until out of fuel every few mins it will consume 20 ore and 5 fuel and give back 15 stone shard and 20 lump's you can add more fuel and ore if there is space (stone shards take space as well) The idea here is the furnace is top loaded so you can not remove ore, fuel or stones while hot adding is possible tho if space allows.

Edited by fonziejac

How about this the furnace Is tile locked like a tower can not be built inside a cave require high masonry 50+ works kind of like a Bsb you can add up to 200 ore (same kind not mixed also quality will even out)and 50 Kindling you can't use scrap or logs. Once lit it will burn until out of fuel every few mins it will consume 20 ore and 5 fuel and give back 15 stone shard and 20 lump's you can add more fuel and ore if there is space (stone shards take space as well) The idea here is the furnace is top loaded so you can not remove ore, fuel or stones while hot adding is possible tho if space allows.

Your suggestion is asking for additional code rather than some simple code change. I'd like to see more minor code changes and more work progress on other stuff.

Yet this is a very old suggestion, that the community has always liked whenever it came up.