Sign in to follow this  
rosedragon

Battlepet

Improve taming system by adding various increase-able stats to tamed pets.

Purposes:

- Improve and un-nerf the taming system.

- Make it more rewarding to tend a few animals, thus decrease need of many animals.

Battlepets have it's own interface, with stats:

- Stamina / hit point bar

- Loyalty bar

- Skill: Fighting

- Skill: Speed

- Skill: Endurance

- Skill: Loyalty

- Release battlepet (upon release, skills will go down to zero and everything reset, battlepet becoming normal animal)

Battlepets have more commands:

- Attack target

- Move here (do not auto attack)

- Defend me

- Stop attack

Player can have up to three battlepets per server.

Determined by taming skill, only one battlepet will be active at a time. Inactive battlepets act like normal non-aggresive animal. Battlepets doesn't go cross server, but they will stay as battlepets on theirs server until theirs loyalty goes down to zero. This make it possible for owners to left them, but not recommended to leave too long without having someone else handle it.

Different animals have different skill caps:

eg: maybe a cavebug can have more endurance skill than the others, hellhorses can have more speed skill, crocodiles can have more fighting skill, dogs can have more loyalty skill, and cats have faster loyalty skill gain.

The stats:

Stamina/hitpoint Bar

Works like normal stamina bar on players. Battlepet would sometimes execute a special move as long as they have the stamina needed. The chance of executing this special move is determined by loyalty bar, loyalty skill, animal type, and possibily enemy characteristics.

Loyalty Bar

Loyalty bar function on how effective battlepet's skills and how much they will obey commands. Low loyalty might means pet refuse to move or attack, or just too weak to even participate in battle. When loyalty reach zero, battlepet will no longer stay as battlepet. This is approximately three days on pets with 0 loyalty skill. Loyalty doesn't drop on being attacked.

Player can replenish this loyalty bar by feeding, taming, and grooming the battlepet.

Skill: Fighting

Increase combat rating, make it possible for animal to reach its untame friends CR.

Battlepets get FS everytime it help on killing a mob. The gain works like players FS gain.

Skill: Speed

Increase movement speed, useful for a mount.

Battlepets get more speed by being rode and travel.

Skill: Endurance

Increase hit point, make it possible for pet to hold battle longer.

Battlepets get more endurance by being hit.

Skill: Loyalty

Makes battlepet stay loyal longer.

battlepets get more loyalty skill and increase its loyalty bar by being taken care of: feeding, taming, and grooming. All tamed animals should now gain ability to be groomed.

Zombie battlepet.

Exclussive to Libila priests, zombies can also be turned to battlepets. They are exactly the same except that to replenish the loyalty bar, zombie battlepet needs to either be fed or by recasting rebirth. When zombie battlepet loyalty drop to zero, it will die.

Taming skill new milestones:

Taming 21: Ability to have one battlepet *fo priest charm spell override this requirement.

- Ability to view battlepet skillstats.

- Ability to have two battlepets. (only one may active)

- Ability to give out battlepets to others. Taming skill check on the other person

- Ability to have three battlepets. (only one may active)

- Taming skill cap how far you can skill up your battlepet

New possible items:

- Pan's Flute: teleport battlepet to owner as long as battlepet is not in battle. 1 minute cast, interrupt-able.

- Pet Stone: resurrect battlepet from its corpse. 1 minute cast, interrupt-able. premium item?
Edited by rosedragon
  • Like 5

Im sorry but this is not pokemon, theres allot of more important features to add then this 1.

Im sorry but this is not pokemon, theres allot of more important features to add then this 1.

+1, brilliant idea.

I'd love to see the taming system expanded on, there is so much that can be done with it, this being the scratch on the surface. I'd also love to see taming fixed, because as-is 90taming isnt anyhwere near as good as it used to be back in the day, cuz u can literally priest up fo, get 40 (?) faith and bobs your uncle, you have better taming then 90 tamers.

/me takes a bowl added 75% Wurm and 25% Pokémon.

Stir vigorously!

Wurmon.

it would be interesting be able train pets to a certain skill and sell to weaker players as perm body guards.

I like the idea. I don't see this as a wow or a pokmon thing. This same pet system is in many mmos out there that have pet classes.

Very good idea.

im +1/-1 should only have 1 pet but include the healthbar and the defend me function.

+1.  Many games have these type pets and they're always loads of fun.

Would be nice.

Gotta tame em all!

Edited by Klaa

+1, get outta my mind, I was thinking about making suggestion like this few days ago.  :)

Who cares what game is it, if it would work good?

Saying that "there are more important features to add" is just stupid in my opinion...

Edited by Samool

+1 to taming ideas. -1 to the items. This would let BLers have perma zombie pets also. Maybe they'd need to drag something over and sacrifice it to Libila to transfer the life to their pet or something.

All in all good ideas imo.

+1 to taming ideas. -1 to the items. This would let BLers have perma zombie pets also. Maybe they'd need to drag something over and sacrifice it to Libila to transfer the life to their pet or something.

All in all good ideas imo.

Another use for the new sacrificial knives :)

+1

I personally think a more established and well designed taming system (even if it wasn't to this extent) would be a bonus...

I like the idea of having a virtual companion, at my every command, to share my wonderful adventures with!

Special moves would be fun. Not sure how you would get round the idea of your pet dieing? How would you revive it etc... Maybe it would spawn back at your deed or starter town?

Cheers, Moonpoooooopy

and cats have faster loyalty skill gain.

I really and truly laughed out loud when I saw the above :D

+1 for the overall idea, looks like a good way to make players more likely to concentrate on a few pets rather than trying to collect them all.  Lots of rough edges to work on, but a solid basic idea, IMHO.