Sign in to follow this  
Yaga

Reduce Wait Time After Chosing The Wrong Answer On A Meditation Path

I know this has been discussed many times before, but I don't think the matter has made it into the official "Suggestions" area. So, here it is:

Currently, if you want to advance to the next level on a meditation path you have to answer a special question. As the answers are NOT obvious it is more or less a matter of luck and likelihood whether you are able to find the correct answer - as long as you are not cheating. While I don't have a problem with that mechanism per se (after all, proceeding on a meditation path *is* supposed to be a difficult task), I really don't see why we have to wait a LONG time until we can try again after giving a wrong answer. Currently (after level 6) the time to wait is 24 days, so - with 5 possible answers - the time we'd have to wait to reach the next level would be 3 months in the worst case (if you get 4 answers wrong)!

So here is my suggestion: please reduce the time to wait for the next attempt drastically - possibly to a couple of days instead of almost 4 weeks. (I could also imagine a "progressive model", like 2 days after the first failure, 4 days after the second, 1 week after the third and so on.)

EDIT (because some of you mentioned this): Of course I know about the answers on the internet. But this is not about "cheating", but it is supposed to be a suggestion in favor of a better game mechanism. Besides that, please try to find the answers for levels > 12 on the internet... ;)

Edited by Yaga
  • Like 7

Or you can look the awnsers up on google my friend.

I agree the wait time should be on the same counter as if you had used one of your skills i think waiting 18-24 hours over a missed question would be fine.  

Edited by Kegan

as a path leader I have  no problem with having to wait the full time.

I can still gain meditation skill while I'm waiting for the next question chance so I see no issue here.

yaga was the first one on reaching 12 on the path of love ir i remember correctly,so think again

I think 24 days waiting after wrong answer is not that bad, but it should be Wurm days not RL.

It's not so much that, it's also the fact that with such long wait timers, it almost compels people to 'cheat'. If the wait timer was less, chances are, those people who want to do it the proper way, wouldn't feel they HAVE to look up the answer because otherwise they have to wait for so long. Currently, just about anyone will look up the answer even if they would like to have a guess. I know - I'm one of them. I've never been enlightened, I want to get my levels by earning the skill, and I would also like to figure out/guess at the answers if I didn't have to wait so flipping long to try again if I failed.

Perhaps a wurm month (4 RL days) or two.

• Like 10

Yea, I like to think I'm good with meditation. I actually sit and think about the question and reserve an educated guess before looking up the real answer. The cost of being wrong though is way more than my pride in guessing, so in the end I go with the real answer obviously if I can find it. The Q/A are not really logical most of the time, It's still kind of hard to intuitively know what answer Rolf is looking for... It does come down to luck if you don't know the answer, and the cooldown between guess is a little excessive, IMO.

But in real life, that is how it works. You have to restart the entire chapter if your yogi/shaman thinks you don't fully understand the lesson.

+1 though, this is just a game.

google is your friend i dont see problem in that at all

Come on, guys - maybe you should read the OP again!

It's not about how to find the answers on the internet (that's what I meant by "cheating"); it's about the game mechanics! And besides that, I was trying to answer the 13th question on the path of love - now YOU try to find that one on Google... ;)

+1, because as people get higher, obviously no one will know the answer, and would possibly have to wait up to 3 1/2- 4 months to advance, and this would reduce the amount of looking up answers, because if you get it wrong it's only 4 days, not 24.

Since it is a penalty at all levels, how about your current level's promotion timer OR X hours/days whichever is less?  Maybe equal to the 3rd stage's timer (3 rl days) as a baseline?

once you reach 90 skill, those timers are the only thing slowing you down (you only need 90 skill for any level past 13)

if you remove them, you will be lvl 15 in what? 3-4 months at most? ...

welcome to the harsh life of a path leader!

I am totally with you Yargar. Wait timers for the wrong answer should be adjusted down and get shorter the higher you get on the path as it is hard enough to gain the skill levels already. However, the wait timer for the first try at higher levels could be moved up to compensate for a reduced "try again" wait time.

yaga was the first one on reaching 12 on the path of love ir i remember correctly,so think again

actually he wasn't, someone reached lvl 12 back in december 2011

there is 4 of them on Indy alone

they just chose to not provide the answer

• Like 1

actually he wasn't, someone reached lvl 12 back in december 2011

there is 4 of them on Indy alone

they just chose to not provide the answer

So, is there anyone at level 13 on Indy?

So, is there anyone at level 13 on Indy?

nope, don't think the ones i know will ever attempt for lvl 13

once you reach 90 skill, those timers are the only thing slowing you down (you only need 90 skill for any level past 13)

if you remove them, you will be lvl 15 in what? 3-4 months at most? ...

welcome to the harsh life of a path leader!

That could be easily "countered" by simply increasing the cooldown from level 13-15.

Hordern pointed me this way. I think that an open dialogue about the actual questions and answers would help to solve the problems that we have here, which, in a nutshell, is the needlessly vague and arbitrarily punishing methodology.

Sure, people can look the answers up online. Why should they have to? While you're right in that you can't stop people from looking it up online, the current system pretty much guarantees it. When people know that the result of missing the question is literally weeks of waiting for another chance, very few will risk getting it wrong, particularly if poor questions/answers make it little more than a rigged crap-shoot.

• Like 2

I agree that the wait time should be reduced. 

And really, there are a lot of us on paths who would prefer not to cheat to advance.

• Like 1

Now I'm even more frustrated! I got the 13th question on the path of love wrong for the third time :(  (Yes, this is a difficult one and the answer is NOT obvious. In fact, the answers seem arbitrary...)

This means I already patiently waited for 50 days and now will have to wait another 25 days for the next attempt - that will be more than two and a half months after meeting the skill requirement, just to find the right answer!