Sign in to follow this  
Che

Pvp Suggestions

+1 Local is not really a very realistic feature in a game where its all about realism...

Allow Local chat to reach anyone in the local area but don't show who is in local.... I am all for that!

+1 Local is not really a very realistic feature in a game where its all about realism...

Yesterday i carried over 400 kilo's on Loren, at least thats realistic!

I propose an experiment. For 2 weeks only, remove the local list from Elevation.

+1 to this. Experiment, then people can cry.

Remove local REMOVE LOCAL also I got warned for another post

Thanks Rolf

View hidden Post
  View hidden Post

I myself like the local, but do think it could do with a small range nerf; maybe reduce by 5 tiles. However, delaying the death tab pop-up by like 1-4 minutes would shake up PvP. It seems when a victor's name in an enemy raid shows up in that tab, at least one of them tends to get ganked themselves shortly thereafter. The horse CR thing also seems to make sense to me, as it has been proven that aiming bows and fighting on horseback is generally harder than on foot.

you seLocal is, what, 80 tiles around you right ? It's a good indication of who is in your vicinity, whether they are a friend or a foe. Many a raid has been thwarted due to the 'local' list, and champions have been made. You seriously want to remove this function ?

Honestly, this sounds amazing. I know that it would make it easier for people to escape from a fight, but I think all that would do is make the map a lot more dangerous, because people could ambush you from any corner. I never thought of what a local list would do on PvP servers, but I can see how it would be a bad thing.

To find people, make sound more important. A 3d sound system would help. Maybe the tracking skill could get more uses too.

Edited by Ganken

Most The people suggesting +1's I've never seen pop tabs before.... why are you+1 pvp changing ideas when you don't pvp?

• Like 1

When in game voting polls are put in, remove local for a while, then have a vote on the pvp servers for it. See if people liked it or not.

That's really the only way everyone's gonna be happy.

Most The people suggesting +1's I've never seen pop tabs before.... why are you+1 pvp changing ideas when you don't pvp?

Because everyone here uses the same name as they use ingame.

I agree with this. Set death tabs to pop every 24 hours at a designated time, from the day before. 

sounds like Hunger Games..  :ph34r:

Who are you?

Keep local. I think only a vocal minority want it removed. I think it would just decrease pvp.

hes Sirmarcusii or something, WHO ARE YOU?

How dare you not recognize the great Santropez.

I heard it's sunny there this time of the year.

Now for the more important question. WHO ARE YOU?

Also +1 and a bump

I wholly agree that there should be a small CR penalty as a trade-off for the high mobility a horse gives you.

Isn't that exactly how it is now? mine systems.. gatehops.. minehops.. people never leaving deed..

I think it would create more pvp at the same time, more pvp would happen at hota, more pvp would happen outside of hota (it would be easier to go out alone hunting for players since the enemies will have a hard time chasing you down), raiding home servers will also be better, there won't be any enemy f2p alts roaming around looking for the enemies in local

The only pvp that happens now is either that someone is out alone and a group of player catches up to the player, or big battles where the kingdoms thinks that they will win for certain, there's no real small battle state since if you get an enemy in local you will either hunt them down if you got more people with you then them or you will run if they got more people then you, without a local this wouldn't happen.

If the trees was raised a bit higher and the sounds was improved (horses running for example) it would certainly work.

There's already systems implemented to see if enemies has been in your local for a longer period of time, the enemy presence that shows up after 5 minutes or so and /lotime.

As it is now there's little pvp to be found due to if you are outnumbered you will run if you have the chance and if they are the outnumbered they will run most of the times.

I like the idea of removing local, for everyone that isn't a part of your kingdom however.

I also like Gaeron's idea.

two days in a row pvp happened just because of people showing in local,  still -1

Keep local, but it would be more interesting if you couldn't see what player you are up against until you hover your mouse over them. Before that just keep it as ''enemy'' in local.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Shrimpiie, April 9, 2014 - Removed - Banned member
Hidden by Shrimpiie, April 9, 2014 - Removed - Banned member

Local is simply a crutch for the less intelligent and bad players.