Sign in to follow this  
Che

Pvp Suggestions

Why not tie the local tile distance into a skill such as tracking?

Would be cool, but everyone would end up grinding tracking up, and the only people who would have a short local range would be noobs.

Reducing the range would be cool to try.

I certainly wouldnt mind trying out a shorter local range, however with that being said, lurker in the dark would(or should) be adjusted along with that, aswell as mine->outside mine adjusted

If we lost local, i simply wouldn't go anywhere. 

Chicken-color-FINAL.jpg

Youd have to make sound extend further, and change certain trees (olive e,g,) so that you have better vision in wurm in the wild for no local to work, also have a set render distance so people with low end settings can still compete. Otherwise +1, everyone on horses is getting abit ridiculous.

Death tab could be delayed by 30 min or so.

Remove local, it would sure add a nice twist to the server. We could try it for lets say 1 month just to see if we like it or not?

• Like 2

Can someone get Ahold of Rolf and tell him to implement the suggestions please.

30 min cooldown Death tab

and we try 1 month no local tab.

Can someone get Ahold of Rolf and tell him to implement the suggestions please.

30 min cooldown Death tab

and we try 1 month no local tab.

How about no.

• Like 1

How about no.

Why not? care to exlain ?

A test for 1 month, what harm could it do?

People would probably stay in their fortresses if local was removed because of how dangerous it would become outside, but you can't stay inside forever. Also, its not like people from the outside couldn't make their way in...

Maybe if someone is bashing into a deed the deed owner could get a message saying that. Also, local could be enabled in the area around starter deeds so people can't sneak in to stealth new players easily.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

i still cant see why people think completeley removing local is a remotely good idea

without local no body will know where anybody is, the large majority of people wouldnt leave their deed and the other people would just camp roads or other area, but still not get kills

Edited by Gone420
  • Like 1

i still cant see why people think completeley removing local is a remotely good idea

without local no body will know where anybody is, the large majority of people wouldnt leave their deed and the other people would just camp roads or other area, but still not get kills

A few hours ago we went through jk-bay, stopped at phoenix nest & the deed and then went over to mr, up to hammerfall then to flamma, during that entire trip we found 0 people that was off-deed. They are already not leaving their deed.

In addition to what Che said, people are already capable of camping and waiting for free kills. All they have to do is stealth in a mine near a high-traffic area and jump out when they see an easy kill. But nobody does that, partly because nobody leaves deed in the first place.

We can go back and forth all day about whether this will lead to awesomely dynamic never-ending PvP or whether it'll just make the turtle-people hide in their deeds and imp spindles all day, but the truth is that none of us actually know. All we're doing is rehashing the same arguments again and again until the side that cries loudest eventually gets what it wants.

Edited by Fawkes

Yes, we roam and can't find a person off deed, so maybe we should remove local and find even less peopl- oh wait...

A few hours ago we went through jk-bay, stopped at phoenix nest & the deed and then went over to mr, up to hammerfall then to flamma, during that entire trip we found 0 people that was off-deed. They are already not leaving their deed.

Was that with 20 people online or?  7am EST or so is a pretty dead time for players, but props for roaming?

Was that with 20 people online or?  7am EST or so is a pretty dead time for players, but props for roaming?

it was, when they came by the deed it was like 3am eastern time and ~25 ppl online

"oh woe is me, i cant find anyone"

>est

come back next time when you're in european time gary

or are you talking about those raids when wrath of magranon was op and you raided at 6am?

Hypocrites, is all.

Edited by Che

But imagine if you had gone and there was no local, and still no one was off deed!  Wow that'd be so different!  

• Like 3

>est

come back next time when you're in european time gary

or are you talking about those raids when wrath of magranon was op and you raided at 6am?

Hypocrites, is all.

Or you can entirely miss my point about how it's a dead time for the server, regardless of time zone

But okay, at least we got some actual kills on some of those raids, because you know, people were online.  In fact, we even killed you.

But imagine if you had gone and there was no local, and still no one was off deed!  Wow that'd be so different!  

This sums up the thread

No local = People even more paranoid of traps

No local + 2 enemy champs = People even MORE paranoid.

Judging by all your posts Che, I'd imagine you say "herpderp grow a pair"... But I hope you don't, because that just shows how immature and ignorant you are.

While I can appreciate that the suggestion comes from a good place, in theory it really isn't practical at all not with the tiny playerbase.

What you say right here is a perfect example of why, when you guys went and did that run there was 3 MR other than myself online and I was over not far from where you capped the tower in JK land. You already completely missed me with a local list. Just because you failed to find me doesn't mean I wasn't off deed. IF we had 300 people online at any given time then sure it would probably be awesome but in reality it will never work the way things are now.

• Like 1

I would suggest maybe a rough way of checking if someone was in your local, not giving names, but a way to tell if you are indeed alone, without the use of a pendulum. something like a command "listen", this may or may not be affected by the amount of people, and/or friendlies. for example "You hear marching and shouting" when there are many people "you hear murmurs" when there are a few etc.

it is true, so long as you can tell EXACTLY who is around you, fights will only occur when one side deems its safe or gets caught out, which doesn't seem to fit in with the nature of the game, and with the lack of players has caused a massive stalemate

And with the difficulty of finding people in mind, as soon as you enter local range if a player is doing something, such as fighting or crafting, you can hear them loudly and in the direction they are, unless everyone on the map decided not to hunt it would still make for encounters

Edited by jayz

I didnt like the idea at 1st but after thinking about it for a while im warming to no local.

Could prove to be very useful tactically with raiding pvp, u could roam outside peoples deeds and promote a bit more pvp that way.

Could also make use of guard towers a bit more - ie: enemy spotted at guard tower 222

Could also put a bit more importance on alliance - ie: Enenmy xxx spotted around here.

Could also put a bit more use on *ur normal skills suffer but ur aggresive skills are better msg* when enemies in local, perhaps shorten the timer of noricing enemy a little?

delayed death tabs would be nice, helps attackers get away

Id be interested in trying these things out.

+1

While I can appreciate that the suggestion comes from a good place, in theory it really isn't practical at all not with the tiny playerbase.

What you say right here is a perfect example of why, when you guys went and did that run there was 3 MR other than myself online and I was over not far from where you capped the tower in JK land. You already completely missed me with a local list. Just because you failed to find me doesn't mean I wasn't off deed. IF we had 300 people online at any given time then sure it would probably be awesome but in reality it will never work the way things are now.

Sme is correct in that if the inclination of danger in your area pops up only an idiot would not pull back into the safety of their deed before trying to figure out what's going on. Nobody with a lick of sense is going to just run off into the forest looking for who knows what and who knows who without considering the situation and if possible alerting assistance beforehand.

Sme is correct in that if the inclination of danger in your area pops up only an idiot would not pull back into the safety of their deed before trying to figure out what's going on. Nobody with a lick of sense is going to just run off into the forest looking for who knows what and who knows who without considering the situation and if possible alerting assistance beforehand.

Is this coming from your actual PvP experience, or just pulling this out of thin air?

Is this coming from your actual PvP experience, or just pulling this out of thin air?

Well i can't speak for you of course gary but i'd categorize such a basic alert and flight response to perceived danger in proximity to rational safety to be instinctual and emphatic.