Sign in to follow this  
anterion

Piracy And Reputation

Thx to Nosefire, we have an element in JKL that isnt fully fleshed out game mechanic wise. And it shows. I have a fix, and the more feedback the better.

How i understand it, is when a pirate starts killing ppl, he is kos for 30 minutes and losses reputation. Once his reputation gets to -100 the guards can attack, and once -200 he converts to HOTS. 

The Problem lies in how reputation is gained. You see a pirate will go between -100/-199 and then wait at his deed. Everyone gets 1 lvl of reputation AUTOMATICALLY per hour. So he waits around and once he has enough buffer, he goes pvping again. This is broken. 

Name all the things in Wurm that are done automatically, there isnt many. 

What i recommend is some sort of ACTIVE way to gain reputation. And ELIMINATE the passive rep gain. Maybe a priest has to right click the pirate and do some ~washing of sins~ spell over and over and over again. And like wurm fashion, have it be a pain in the pass. Or have the pirate buy reputation tags that are sold at vendors. And these tags are found in pve drops. 

Something. Active. 

Thank you o/

• Like 3

An option would be for reputation to go up in the same way alignment does, with the exact same gains.

• Like 1

An option would be for reputation to go up in the same way alignment does, with the exact same gains.

Its a start. Nearly anything is better than the current "automatic" rep gain. It could be this at first till the devs flesh out something more.. interesting.

Edited by anterion

Tell rolf to let us make war declarations first and see if that helps. -1

That is a completely different issue. What if the player has no deed?

War declarations has nothing to do with piracy. War declarations are more like 2 families having a feud. 

Let me ask you this, what stops a pirate from attacking you? Nothing. So why should you have to war declare to attack him? 

War declarations is also a good idea, but that is a whole different topic for another thread. 

Edited by anterion

Maybe a priest has to right click the pirate and do some ~washing of sins~ spell over and over and over again. 

U mad bro?

Such element would buy priest and grind his tailoring to make lots of cordage ropes for saccing. Ropes->favor->spells->rep gain->kill again

Just make it so you can war dec a player, shouldnt need a deed.

+1 i believe this is a great idea with the priest thing casting a spell to increase rep cast it once a hour to gain 2 points.

but once again this would help the ppl who are PVPing since the people who accidentally do something or kill tyler over and over will stay outlaw so i can kill them over and over. also you have to remember i wont be taking rep hits i roam with BL and raid with BL i dont kill templars i dont kill guards since its a waste of rep. i run around and bring them shots and scout out the area to make sure there are no zergs incoming and i mine the shots they use. if there is a group coming at us we decide if we want to attack or retreat depending on numbers. when i kill then i lose rep but i only kill those that are tougher and leave the noobs for the BL to deal with.

+1 i believe this is a great idea with the priest thing casting a spell to increase rep cast it once a hour to gain 2 points.

but once again this would help the ppl who are PVPing since the people who accidentally do something or kill tyler over and over will stay outlaw so i can kill them over and over. also you have to remember i wont be taking rep hits i roam with BL and raid with BL i dont kill templars i dont kill guards since its a waste of rep. i run around and bring them shots and scout out the area to make sure there are no zergs incoming and i mine the shots they use. if there is a group coming at us we decide if we want to attack or retreat depending on numbers. when i kill then i lose rep but i only kill those that are tougher and leave the noobs for the BL to deal with.

once an hour? lol, no. More like back to back to back and over the period of an hour, it would go up 1 point. 

Edited by anterion

once an hour? lol, no. More like back to back to back (like blacksmithing) and over the period of an hour, it would go up 1 point. 

U mad bro?

Such element would buy priest and grind his tailoring to make lots of cordage ropes for saccing. Ropes->favor->spells->rep gain->kill again

I dont think you understand. Atm, the system gives 1 point per hour reputation skill gain automatically. This includes while you are sleeping in real life. If a priest had to give a spell where back to back to back casting would gain 1 point over the course of the hour, then it would make piracy a little more punishing. And of course a priest cant cast when he is sleeping. 

You can make it a mix of priest action and reputation tags sold at vendors. Im sure those would be expensive as heck, but that would all come down to the player market, so who cares what the prices would be. And have certain tags remove certain amounts of negative reputation. Tie it to the QL of the tag perhaps. 

I dont care what the solution is, as long as the ~automatic~ reputation gain is removed. That is broken, and makes no sense whatsoever.  

Edited by anterion

Reputation tags? wtf is that lol.

Reputation by definition is a temporary and dynamic opinion about someone. Naturally, reputation/alignment goes to neutral when left alone, whether you have a good reputation or bad one. People forget over time. After a certain amount of time one is entirely forgotten/forgiven of their past accomplishments or treasons. What's so wrong with that? Just defend yourselves from the culprit vigilante and quit your whining. It IS a pvp cluster.

Edited by Versai

I dont think you understand. Atm, the system gives 1 point per hour reputation skill gain automatically. This includes while you are sleeping in real life. If a priest had to give a spell where back to back to back casting would gain 1 point over the course of the hour, then it would make piracy a little more punishing. And of course a priest cant cast when he is sleeping. 

You can make it a mix of priest action and reputation tags sold at vendors. Im sure those would be expensive as heck, but that would all come down to the player market, so who cares what the prices would be. And have certain tags remove certain amounts of negative reputation. Tie it to the QL of the tag perhaps. 

I dont care what the solution is, as long as the ~automatic~ reputation gain is removed. That is broken, and makes no sense whatsoever.  

bud i dont think you understand what server your on. this is not freedom read the game rules all types of griefing is allowed on the epic cluster this is a PVP server. rolf wants it to be anti-griefing to a degree stop crying and do something about it i will not stop. no matter what rules are changed because i am BL the more rules that change the more severe the griefing will get to each deed. grow a set of balls JKH and kick me outa your server so i can go back to BLE

Edited by nosfirebird

Epic and Chaos Servers Griefing
Definition:
Griefing on Epic and Chaos is very simple, no defamation of character (insulting their race, gender, creed, nationality or sexuality).

Punishment:
Game Masters will issue an instruction and possibly a warning to the player or players in any case referred to above as griefing, Failure to abide by this instruction or warning could result in the player or players involved being banned. The punishment for griefing will vary, depending upon the circumstances and the method involved up to and including permanent ban from Wurm.

here is the game rules for epic

Epic and Chaos Servers Griefing

Definition:

Griefing on Epic and Chaos is very simple, no defamation of character (insulting their race, gender, creed, nationality or sexuality).

Punishment:

Game Masters will issue an instruction and possibly a warning to the player or players in any case referred to above as griefing, Failure to abide by this instruction or warning could result in the player or players involved being banned. The punishment for griefing will vary, depending upon the circumstances and the method involved up to and including permanent ban from Wurm.

here is the game rules for epic

The fact that you feel the need to defend what you do make it wrong in the first place.

The fact that you feel the need to defend what you do make it wrong in the first place.

no it means that im tired of JKH crying about me breaking rules when im not. JKH just needs to grow some balls and defend it.

no it means that im tired of JKH crying about me breaking rules when im not. JKH just needs to grow some balls and defend it.

Nosefirebird is basically right. However there is no game mechanic where members of a server can removed a pirate. And maybe there shouldnt be no such mechanics. Piracy adds a dynamic to the game.

But atm piracy is akin to someone steeling your car and then hiding in a cardboard box. And after a day or 2, leaves his cardboard box and steels another car. There is no way to A: remove him out of the cardboard box, or B: PREVENT him from steeling cars. Nosefirebird wisely waits till everyone from a deed is offline, then raids. So there isnt any heads up.

The solution is tied with the city guards calling you as kos. Perhaps if someone begins lock picking a gate that isnt in that villiage, that will cause the guards to attack that person. Because lets face it, the current mechanics of someone breaking in your town, stealing your ######, and locking up everything else he cant carry while the guards stare at him and do nothing is kinda broken. 

The fix is either in the mechanics of the guards, or the mechanics of how reputation works.

Edited by anterion

Nosefirebird is basically right. However there is no game mechanic where members of a server can removed a pirate. And maybe there shouldnt be no such mechanics. Piracy adds a dynamic to the game.

But atm piracy is akin to someone steeling your car and then hiding in a cardboard box. And after a day or 2, leaves his cardboard box and steels another car. There is no way to A: remove him out of the cardboard box, or B: PREVENT him from steeling cars. Nosefirebird wisely waits till everyone from a deed is offline, then raids. So there isnt any heads up.

The solution is tied with the city guards calling you as kos. Perhaps if someone begins lock picking a gate that isnt in that villiage, that will cause the guards to attack that person. Because lets face it, the current mechanics of someone breaking in your town, stealing your ######, and locking up everything else he cant carry while the guards stare at him and do nothing is kinda broken. 

The fix is either in the mechanics of the guards, or the mechanics of how reputation works.

ok sorry i dont think you understand raiding.

1. the guards do attack when you start to raid for every templar you kill you lose 5 rep they respawn every 7-10mins

2. JKH has tons of things they can do to me they just dont want to spend the time to attack me. i have everything i own in my safe mine if it were to be taken i would be crippled for a long time

ok sorry i dont think you understand raiding.

1. the guards do attack when you start to raid for every templar you kill you lose 5 rep they respawn every 7-10mins

2. JKH has tons of things they can do to me they just dont want to spend the time to attack me. i have everything i own in my safe mine if it were to be taken i would be crippled for a long time

my mistake. Then it would seem that the fix is soley in reputation.

I am curious though, do you avoid deeds that have more templars?