Sign in to follow this  
Dorian

Hell Hounds Give Coal As A Butcher Item

Seeing how Hell Hounds are very crispy critters, and can be a royal pain to kill, it would be nice if they dropped coal like lava spiders do.   :)

• Like 8

By that logic we should also have hell horses and hell scorpius drop charcoal too.  But they are hell creatures, not lava creatures, so Rolf may have a different idea for them.

I'm on the fence on this, possibly leaning slightly to the side of no to the idea. As was said, I am aware it is a small point, yet it is still a 'Hell' Hound, not a 'Lava' Hound.

I like this idea. Even if we don't go with charcoal, it would be nice to have *something* other than meat from them. (every creature should be butchered for meat and other items too, IMO)

I want some crunchy spider legs for dessert :) I'd do a + for all creatures giving something useful after butchering.

Seeing how Hell Hounds are very crispy critters, and can be a royal pain to kill, it would be nice if they dropped coal like lava spiders do.   :)

I live in hell hound infested area, and have to disagree that they are hard to kill. Their strength is just bit higher than spiders', and with 40 fighting and 30 longsword skill I can kill one without any big wounds.

Anyways, +1 for some additional loot, though if it'll be charcoal, quality of it should be low.

I live in hell hound infested area, and have to disagree that they are hard to kill. Their strength is just bit higher than spiders', and with 40 fighting and 30 longsword skill I can kill one without any big wounds.

Anyways, +1 for some additional loot, though if it'll be charcoal, quality of it should be low.

Why should the charcoal be low ql?  When lava creatures drop charcoal it is often very high ql, a bonus for everyone as charcoal making is one of the skills that is very hard to raise.

Why should the charcoal be low ql?  When lava creatures drop charcoal it is often very high ql, a bonus for everyone as charcoal making is one of the skills that is very hard to raise.

Because hellhounds are too easy to kill. It'd make coalmaking skill pretty useless.

Id like to see more drops on all mobs, spiders just give meat.. thats too boring :)

• Like 1

Because hellhounds are too easy to kill. It'd make coalmaking skill pretty useless.

You'd need a lot more hell hounds than we get to replace coal making, except maybe for a few hard core hunters who would be willing to go far and wide to find hell hounds.  Remember, you only get 1 lump now from any lava creature, and even if it can be split to 3 in the bsb, that's not much coal.  And steel making uses lots of coal.

yeah but its a shame to kill a hell hound and only get meat and flint, i feel the reward should be more. I +1 and i hope for better loot on all mobs.

Fascinating read, for some of you it all comes down to key words: "lava" and "hell" as to whether charcoal is an acceptable drop.

Decided to Google hell and do some research, I started with maps, I'd always thought hell was somewhere magically beside Florida just invisible.

Hell, MI, United States -  doesn't have lava, but I did see a nice lake.

Hell's Kitchen,

New York, NY, USA ‎ - also no lava but a delightful Mexican Dinner Menu http://www.hellskitchen-nyc.com/apps.html

I then felt a need to see if there was any pictures of hell, thought that might clarify it for us..

http://evangelicalmystics.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/hell-fire-1.jpg

Pretty sure that's hell and that sure looks like lava, I bet the steam is excellent for your pores. 

Then I moved on to the most important source: Wiki

" Charcoal is usually produced by slow pyrolysis, the heating of wood or other substances in the absence of oxygen (see pyrolysis, char and biochar). It is usually an impure form of carbon as it contains ash; however, sugar charcoal is among the purest forms of carbon readily available, particularly if it is not made by heating but by a dehydration reaction with sulfuric acid to minimise introducing new impurities, as impurities can be removed from the sugar in advance. The resulting soft, brittle, lightweight, black, porous material resembles coal.[1]"

Strange thing is, wiki does't mention lava animals or hell animals....apparently you get charcoal from science and NOT fantasy monsters...shocking?!

So after my research I've come to the conclusion it doesn't much matter if it's a hell hound or a lava hound or a trout.

+1 for more useful drops no matter what name they come from :D

Edited by kajmir
  • Like 1

They should poop out coal if you feed them a potato.

They should poop out coal if you feed them a potato.

lol  just came here. to say we should be able to tame them. and if tamed on deed. they should poop coal 2-3 per day if kept feed

+1 to idea 

By that logic we should also have hell horses and hell scorpius drop charcoal too.  But they are hell creatures, not lava creatures, so Rolf may have a different idea for them.

They are LAVA (melted stone) why should lava creatures give coal (which is product of burning wood or petrified wood) in first place ? And if lava creatures give coal anyway why shouldn't hell creatures give it too ?

+1 to idea 

They are LAVA (melted stone) why should lava creatures give coal (which is product of burning wood or petrified wood) in first place ? And if lava creatures give coal anyway why shouldn't hell creatures give it too ?

I didn't say they shouldn't, I said Rolf may have other ideas for them.  Learn to read.

theyre unrealistic already it wont hurt to make them a little more