Sign in to follow this  
fjalke

Paving A Harbour

I'm building a harbour at my deed and i want the slopes to be paved with slabs.

For the S and E facing slopes, that works fine - I can pack a pave even if the S or E part of the tile is under water.

For the tiles where the N edge is under water, I can't pack the dirt. With these i have tried raising them to above water level - then I can pack and pave them.

My problem is that now i can't lower the northern edge of those tiles below 20 slope. I tried with both digging and dredging. I get this message: [09:36:59] The road would be too steep to traverse. The tiles are paved with slabs, not cobblestone.

My question is, how do I pave the northern slopes of my harbour?

About 8 weeks ago I flattened and paved a 2 wide runnin n-s and e-w then dug the center down to 23, worked fine,  In the past in every compass possibilty I have slab paved them and dug/dredged  them down to 23 over very steep slopes with sand under them.  I have seen no mention of a change to this so perhaps a support call might be in order. 

Thanks a lot tobaul. Was wondering what was going on. I'll make a support ticket  :)

raise all up, pave, dig to 10 slopes, dredge to 40, looks beautiful. and dont forget lamps

Thats what I tried, but when lowering again, I cannot got a higher slope than 20 on the paved tile - neither by digging nor dredging. It just tells me the road would be to steep to traverse.

I saw you commented on my thread in the bug forums - if you do put in a /support, let me know what they say! My harbor is on hold until we can figure this out. :(

I made a support call and it was verified that it had changed recently since slabs are now considered to be roads.

Support did not know if it was an intended change or if it would be reverted.

Yeah, my harbour is on hold too - I have no idea if i'm going to abandon the project or wait  :(

Bleh, thanks for the update. Hope they take a second look at this soon. :\

The whole idea about having a cap on paving tiles is nonsense.

This restriction has reared it's head quite a few times (and then disabled) in my timeframe of playing. It's always implemented as a method to prevent griefing; to stop newbs and wild alts from destroying someone's road work. Really though, the limitations caused by said "protection" are far worse than having your road dug up by someone.

I, personally, would love to see this overturned. I think many more players would agree with my notion that it's far easier to fix a little mess made on a road, versus being limited in how they can build their deed and make everything "aesthetically pleasing".