Sign in to follow this  
Thorakkanath

Operation 'the Kyklops' Gonna Die'

So i would advice building a 3x3 pen/house with an unfinished wall we can drag, trap and fight him in, even if it's just for the fight. You could make the pen on a 20 dirt slope so we can have the slope bonus too. Good luck, building that close enough to easily drag him in, but far away enough so he doesn't attack you when you build it.

I don't think that will work. It chased me into my village and bashed my stone gatehouse to pieces in seconds...

I don't think that will work. It chased me into my village and bashed my stone gatehouse to pieces in seconds...

People will be inside the house fighting with him, the goal is to reduce his mobility, not trap him forever. And we can have people finishing an extra wall layer outside once he is inside fighting, just in case.

I have 61 fighting skill with full body chain armor, However i don't have two handed weapon as i am using 1 longsword and a shield.

But am i still be able to join the fight?

I don't like that I have to share my email because you don't like using forums. :(

Guys, we need more people for the operation!

I don't like that I have to share my email because you don't like using forums. :(

It's a valid point, but you don't have to participate if you don't want to :)

The reasons for not having the organization on forums are:

1. no coordination possible...look how many replies there are in this topic, how many are about people that want to fight and how many are discussing strategy? Sorry I will not start to check post after post just to get the useful data out from everything else (not saying strategy is not useful, but is not what I asked in the OP)
  2. people tried to organize it on the forums once again, its not enough - you need more data, besides using forms you make SURE you get the data you need cause otherwise you cannot submit the form
  3. unless you have time to kill, forums are not the way to go, I don't ask for your oppinion, i ask for your data - according to wikipedia: An Internet forum, or message board, is an online discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages - where in 'I ask for your data' is included that I want a discussion? I don't even want a conversation, look at this post -how much time already I lost trying to explain something instead of doing other things
  4. The time coordination will be done using a third-party online meeting tool, all people that registered will be automatically invited to post when they can come and when they cannot - thus weeding out all the extra votes from people that aren't really interested that would skew the result if I would just post several potential time/date sets on here or even worse, making a unilateral decision on when the event should happen 
  5. Participation is on a volunteer basis anyway, so you should feel no pressure whatsoever to apply, if you have doubts about me using your personal info for other purposes DON'T APPLY, if you do not like me DON'T APPLY, is a free world after all :)

Ok I am done with my argument. If it seemed harsh to you Samool is just because I do not like to explain myself - like in RL, I think ahead and then I am slowed down trying to explain why I do this or that....hate it.

Thorakkanath​

Edited by Thorakkanath

Sure, sure, okay. But I'll ask about same thing like Ripsipiirakka - are we allowed to apply with some one handed weapons combinations?

I did not use my real email however I will be traveling to the event together with friends who have also applied and are using their real emails. Will this cause any problem?

I did not use my real email however I will be traveling to the event together with friends who have also applied and are using their real emails. Will this cause any problem?

The only problem I see RomaN is that you wont get a vote for choosing the right time, other than that you should be fine as you did register so I can plan you in a team.

Sure, sure, okay. But I'll ask about same thing like Ripsipiirakka - are we allowed to apply with some one handed weapons combinations?

Sorry but no, we would just overcrowd the Kyklops while no real damage will be done. One handed weapons, unless you have enormous skill like 70-80-90+ in that weapon, are largely useless.

Sure, you can bring 2, or 3, or 4 as long as you can coordinate between all of them.

My priest is my fighter too. I'm asking because combining two roles at once may reduce my efficiency. 

My priest is my fighter too. I'm asking because combining two roles at once may reduce my efficiency. 

That is why I said "if you can coordinate between all of them" :)

so although I like the idea of signing up on the web site, is it possible to get a confirmation email that you registered to ensure that when the time comes the sender just doesn't get dumped straight to my spam and missed?

so although I like the idea of signing up on the web site, is it possible to get a confirmation email that you registered to ensure that when the time comes the sender just doesn't get dumped straight to my spam and missed?

Super Idea! Sadly as many already registered is a bit too late. Ill make sure the email newsletter has a spam-index under 0.5 before I send it.

• Like 1

would it be possible to make a post in here when the emails are sent out? the email i used isn't checked very often

As per Serpentarius's suggestion, The Kyklops should be penned up temporarily and fought within an enclosure to reduce its mobility. Spiral shaped houses seem to work very well and have been used to good effect against dragons on all servers.

As per Serpentarius's suggestion, The Kyklops should be penned up temporarily and fought within an enclosure to reduce its mobility. Spiral shaped houses seem to work very well and have been used to good effect against dragons on all servers.

W7HEwiN.jpg

Like this?

would it be possible to make a post in here when the emails are sent out? the email i used isn't checked very often

Will do, but ATM

WE NEED MORE PEOPLE TO JOIN!

will try to attend, 73 fs GMT

Edited by Lancelot

Smaller spaces and more walls

Aside the border where the small wall is that can probably be moved 1 tile to the inside there is no way to make smaller spaces.

Joined up, hopefully it'll be a time I can attend!

The time will be jointly voted by all players who registered with a valid email address once we got enough numbers :)

Edited by Thorakkanath

What are the numbers at the moment?

For now 31 fighter applications (but not all of them are high-skilled) and 3 support applications (2 healers, 1 Fo)

We also would need some more healers/priests...

Ill gladly come if it means u will give my skiller hatchet back Thorakkanath. Seems u ignore my pms and dont answer my tells anymore.

So Count me in!

Feel free to send it via CoD to bloodywind (my new account) Ill gladly pay the CoD charges.