Sign in to follow this  
Thorakkanath

Operation 'the Kyklops' Gonna Die'

Dear Celebration militia,

After the failed attempts of 5th January it's time to put a stop to this Kyklops nuisance once and for all.

Everyone is laughing at us cause we still have that thing and besides, he is not playing friendly with the neighbors either!

It is obvious after the mess in January than more coordination than what this forum has to offer is needed, so:

All able bodies head over to http://kyklops.wol.fr.am - submit your info and await further instructions.

Let it be known that we are not pushovers, nor will we bow our heads to this...creature

For our children, for our parents, for us!

Celebration, onward to glory!

Thor out

EDIT: The forms will be taken down on Wednesday morning (24th July)

EDIT2: The email poll will be available until 27th July 23:59 GMT so please follow your email link to vote if you haven't done so yet.

Edited by Thorakkanath

well i think one of the biggest or the biggest problem on the last attemp was the lag created by have so many player on 1 area and i think 1.1 solved that

good luck!

better set a date soon, might get more participants that way

got to get my new 2h sword faster ;)

Hope we make it this time!

good luck!

better set a date soon, might get more participants that way

Kaih, I will use a different strategy. Everyone willing should register when we got enough people Ill make 5-10 potential times and dates.

Then every one of the people that registered will get per email the invite link and the time and date with most people voting for it will be the one.

lets hope attempt number 2 goes a bit better without all the lag :D 

I organised the last slaying in January which failed to put down this abomination.

I will be attending this event as a Fighter with Zivirt.

people from other servers welcome?

That is up to these guys, I cannot decide for others...

oh also, i'll bring a couple hundred kgs of 90ql cotton for healing  :)

Edited by Zivirt

To what date are you taking participation forms?

I guess that dualwielding longswords won't work, so I have to grind my 2h sword skill a bit.

well i think one of the biggest or the biggest problem on the last attemp was the lag created by have so many player on 1 area and i think 1.1 solved that

The biggest problem with the last attempt is that we didn't trap the kyklop during the fight so every time someone who was tanking had to walk away the kyklop ended up either running after him or another target 10 tiles away and we all lost our concentration and had to move after him in the lag. It seriously reduced our damage output.

So i would advice building a 3x3 pen/house with an unfinished wall we can drag, trap and fight him in, even if it's just for the fight. You could make the pen on a 20 dirt slope so we can have the slope bonus too. Good luck, building that close enough to easily drag him in, but far away enough so he doesn't attack you when you build it.

Edited by Serpentarius

The biggest problem with the last attempt is that we didn't trap the kyklop during the fight so every time someone who was tanking had to walk away the kyklop ended up either running after him or another target 10 tiles away and we all lost our concentration and had to move after him in the llag. It seriously reduced our damage output.

So i would advice building a 3x3 pen/house with an unfinished wall we can fight him in, even if it's just for the fight. You could make the pen on a 20 dirt slope so we can have the slope bonus too. Good luck, terminating that close enough to easily drag him in, but far away enough so he doesn't attack you when you build it.

^ Agree 100%

Got to agree. The thing needs to be trapped...was really a pain trying to chase it and get in any good hits while it was chasing a particular player. I was there the last time, details added to the link but hope that friendships/alliances aren't put before actual abilities as has been the case in other scenarios.

I live on another server now....but was living on Cele and was present at last attempt. Would like to get in that 2nd go :)

To what date are you taking participation forms?

I guess that dualwielding longswords won't work, so I have to grind my 2h sword skill a bit.

no fixed deadline, until we got enough high skilled people that signed in (actually a bit more than what is necessary cause not all will actually be there)

Now regarding how much is enough, ill wait the input from the big guys :)

I signed, and I hope cele people has the priority for being added to the kill team.

Nothing wrong with people comming form other servers, but i think people actualy living on the server needs to have a good chance on the killing.

I'd like to ask this too:

people from other servers welcome?

and if the answer is yes then 2 more questions:

Does oakshell count as armor if you are a Fo priest? I have been using it instead of armor for several months (and kill trolls).

Also: 

Can someone enlist both as a priest and a fighter?

Edited by Justamayor

I signed, and I hope cele people has the priority for being added to the kill team.

Nothing wrong with people comming form other servers, but i think people actualy living on the server needs to have a good chance on the killing.

While I agree to an extent...I think that people who previously were there have a sort of 'vendetta' if you will. I did LIVE on Cele during the last attempt and for some months in total, and although not living there now, would like that shot to try again. I think/hope that others would feel the same. The 'Kyklops' that got away, if you will ;)

And yes, must have the stats to prove worth.

I'm up for this. 80FS(78 now but will get to 80 by then) 70 2h sword.

paula would like a shot at the kklops

71 fighting

longsword and shield

40plus in aggressive

40plus in normal

Hello its me again!! My deed (Eckerbrisk) is still right next to the Kyklops and everyone can join it/do the alliance thing in case they die! And I have a bunch of horses (dunno what speeds they are though), cotton and healing covers waiting to be used if anyone needs them ^^

Here's the image from last time (a couple of things have changed, but all of the roads which you all would be using are still there):

wurmdeedthingsv2.png

Any idea when this is gonna happen? :0

Edited by Turnips
  • Like 1

guys all well and nice but please register on the website if you are going to participate...

because the date and time, strategy, coordination etc will not be discussed here so everyone that is writing here and not filling out the forms will be left out.

I'd like to ask this too:

and if the answer is yes then 2 more questions:

Does oakshell count as armor if you are a Fo priest? I have been using it instead of armor for several months (and kill trolls).

Also: 

Can someone enlist both as a priest and a fighter?

Yes oakshell is a pretty good armor if you get a high enough power on it, doesn't last long though...

Sure, you can bring 2, or 3, or 4 as long as you can coordinate between all of them.

Non-celebrationists can join, but celebrationists will have priority (seems the best solution)