Sign in to follow this  
vasisuelle

Unable To Start Building Temple

I paved 5x5 area with slab and got clay and one slab in inventory.

When I select clay and right-click on slab I get a menu Create-epic-temple. But no matter how many times I repeat that I get neither unfinished building nor error message in Events tab.

Tried also 6x6 and 7x7 slabbed area. Result was the same.

Could be due to the needing to be 100 steps up part.

The 5x5 area could have to be 100 slope up from the surrounding area.

Actually it can be a bug. We had same issue with trying to create pylon, but that was on cele.

We don't even know wth a "100 steps in height" means to begin with.

Is it a unit of measure like 5 dirt, 100 cliff tile, terraces, manmade dirt pile, natural mountain, ... Ive heard all kinds of theories on the matter.

Actually it can be a bug. We had same issue with trying to create pylon, but that was on cele.

Last week, i actually built two pillars, one in the south east of exodus for Fo, one in the south east of celebration for Fo.

Currently there are two new missions for fo, one for exodus, one for celebration. They have different name but the same "started" and "expires" dates. They both involves constructing a pillar in the south east of each server for fo. And i can't start either pillar despite having several mine tiles with the perfect conditions.

I think it's probably bugged.

Edited by Serpentarius

Probably need to ask rolf about what exactly the 100 steps up or whatever it is means.

Tried yesterday on another site (~50-60 slopes higher). 5x5 and 7x7 didn't work.

Maybe hte god wants it in a different spot and you haven't found that exact spot yet...

If that is the case, then its too bad the gods were not specific enough than general quadrants.

Lol finally someone near end of the epoch long missions to build a temple actually bothers trying to and *shock* can't. Also 100 steps is a completely new and in discernible measurement.

Lol finally someone near end of the epoch long missions to build a temple actually bothers trying to and *shock* can't. Also 100 steps is a completely new and in discernible measurement.

Oh you.

First post was 12 July 2013

Edited by vasisuelle

When epic first started there was a similar bug with starting the Pylon and the Obelisk where it had the option in the menu but when you clicked it literally nothing happened. No Error, no message no loss or use of material no event. Nothing. 

Bump for temple mission being back on JKH Serenity.