Sign in to follow this  
Tsetse

Low Fps With Glsl.

Hello, theres still fps problem with GLSL since the 1.1 patch.

There is something wrong with the GLSL.

If I set GLSL on Core I get 10fps and no lighting effect on objects that are around fire.

If I set GLSL to Disabled I get normal 30fps and I can see the flickering lights from fires on objects. But I cannot see reflections on water.

This is clearly a bug from Wurm 1.1 that has not yet been fixed.

With GLSL enabled.

I cannot use shadows without suffering from poor fps (below 15fps). If I disable shadows my fps never drop below 30 even when looking at the water and its reflections.

With GLSL disabled.

No reflections, I can enable full settings, full shadows and the rest and stay at 30 fps.

For some reason GLSL cause fps problem with shadows which makes them mutually exclusive. Will you please make reflections unrelated to GLSL so I can play with both reflections and shadows.

I run win7 64-bit with latest java.

I have ati radeon 6950 and fx-8120 amd processor.

• Like 2

I have not seen any confirmation that its a known problem that is being worked on.

• Like 2

Hows it going with this issue? I love the game and I think its very beautiful and I want to show the game to my friends but I cant recommend it to anyone in this state.

WMa8Ofz.jpg

Any update on this issue? Winter is almost here and alot of people will try the game and maybe leave because of this.

You have to understand how it must be for a new player to try the game, complain about bad fps and then hearing they have to disable the water to play.

It is a priority issue!

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, September 21, 2013 - inaproppriate for tech board
Hidden by KaiH, September 21, 2013 - inaproppriate for tech board

Sadly this issue is being brushed under the carpet, good luck getting someone competent to talk about it. Quite shocking really especially when they are supposedly focusing on the new player experience and whilst the overall FPS is improving, it's nowhere near being ready to re-enable GLSL,