Sign in to follow this  
Kristo

Planetary Annihilation

so i was looking at steam a while ago and saw planetary annihilation looked pretty good so i thought let see how much i was then i saw it and thought WTH were they thinking. £70 for a indie game not even aaa titles charge that much?

what do you think of this and what reasons do you think they have to do this?

Looks like HoN meets StarCraft on speed in cartoon.

£70 is a stupid amount to charge, I admit the game looks extremely content based and with up to 40 players battling it out seems like they went all out but I would never pay that for a game, some people obviously do.

yeah some people do we have it in my office on man server and we use it as a team building tool along with other games ie arma etc but still why would you want to pay that much i love rts and rpg but unless its really worth it i get them once they go on sale in steam at crazy prices like i got saints row 3 for like £8 in one of the midweek madness sales week before it was £28

It's that expensive because it is in alpha. They are taking the alternate approach that instead of selling super cheap to a lot of people, they are selling expensive to a few people.

Just appeals to people who want to be first to play it and maybe get some sort of skill edge over others I guess.

Essentially paying extra for early access. I've seen a few other games do this in the past, not sure how well it worked out for them though.

Edited by Outlaw

I backed it on Kickstart, was cheaper then.

I don't have alpha access or stuff, just waiting for it to release :)

yeah outlaw im not sure it works well as i cant see many people paying that to buy a game that is not complete and it does look a lot like hots

It looks good, but now I'm back to wurm, I feel that playing anything else is wasting wurm time ;p

i agree but at mo i cant play as my laptop and i are out of comission due to work injury broke my wrist in 2 places and 3 fingres cant use my right hand so can play wurm lol

The price they are asking is the same as what they asked for alpha access during the kickstarter. So while the price looks high it makes perfect sense, making it any lower screws over their kickstarter backers big time and that's just not smart if you want to make further use of kickstarter in the future.

Made by the same team who did the rest of the Annihilation series isn't?

I just love the idea of crashing a moon into your enemies :ph34r:  

It's literally supreme commander but now in space.

It's worth every penny.

This is definitely not a $70 game. It's definitely a game I'd play, but it's definitely not a game I'd pay for at that price. Looks good though.