Sign in to follow this  
Valtok

Which Is The Best

looks like there are 2 different lvls of weapon enchantments

first level is; Flame aura, Frostbrand, blood thirster and Rotting touch

all cost 60 favor, so which one is the best?

the second level would be; Life transfer, venom and Mindstealer

all cost 120 favor

was wondering which was the best in each catagory

All depends on the situation on what you want to do.. if you just read on the wiki on what each spells do you'll understand.

Does blood thirster stack with Nimb.?  Wiki doesnt say

RT gives some nasty wounds that are hard to heal, and can get worse rather quickly.

LT is pretty self explanatory, pretty good enchant.

Venom *could* be viable when not facing an opponent with AoSP armor. The reason for this is that you will infect yourself with the venom as well. Venom has a (rather good) chance to kill your target instantly after 5 to 10 minutes. Personally I like it, but not in PvP.

Never use bloodthirst on a melee weapon, use it for bows when you can. It takes too long to charge up.

Aye depends on what one can get their hands on. Atm dmg enhancers like RT and LT are popular on melee weapons given the current game behavior, course that can change. I've seen various enchants go up and down in popularity over the years, whenever Rolf changes or adds something new.

Venom hasn't been popular as aosp armor is commonly used. Sometimes Web armor crops up; though, typically more as a built-in affect of king gear.

Bow wise... bloodthirst is one of the few that works directly on bows, so archers tend towards using that one. Other dmg enhancers have to be cast on the arrows, and there's the chance that your opponents can then use the very same arrows.

I've come to the realisation that Frostbrand is generally better than RT because it gives extra damage. Not much point infecting a creature that's soon to be dead anyway, better to get the extra damage on the hits.

The best weapon enchant I think plain old CoC on a skill weapon. I always carry one to get the maximum skill from easy mobs then swap back for the harder ones. I also prefer to get the normal fighting gain from irritating mountain lions to death than 4 shotting them, going defensive or getting unarmed skill.

RT does extra damage too. They don't cost 60 favor each. LT doesn't add additional damage, neither does venom.

Lotta misinformation being handed around here....

Sure FB is better than RT in terms of pure dmg-dealt-quickly, such as in fighting uniques or catching someone out in the open. RT becomes really handy in situations where the target can move somewhere safe to heal before jumping back into the fray. RT wounds are the most difficult to patch up.

So RT is good for attacking deeds and other fortified locations.

Overall the dmg modifiers seem to be balanced out personally. Each has its own give and take, and they are each still useful in the more general sense.

I use a large maul with nimbleness, frost brand, CoC and mind stealer. Then I keep another on me with life transfer to bash on bison, lions, rats, deer etc

Basically you can stack one weapon modifier: Flaming Aura, Frostbrand, Rotting Touch, Bloodthirst, Venom or Life Transfer onto each weapon and you've gotta pick which to use.

FA and FB add additional damage in the form of a separate wound in the same location as the hit. These enchants are very similar to each other, creating two wounds each hit. These tend to be not used often for hunting as the additional wound is not factored into your weapon skillgain, causing you to get slightly less weapon skill from each kill.

RT adds additional damage the same as FA and FB but it stacks the additional damage all into ONE wound with a rotting effect that causes the wound to get worse and be harder to heal. This generally makes it a better option than the other two damage modifier enchants, however it causes weapons to damage roughly 3x faster so you need a good weaponsmith handy if you use it a lot

Bloodthirst can be built up to 10000 power maximum and is a direct modifier to total damage. The amount is supposedly 1% per 1000, which makes it a terrible enchant for melee weapons as FA/FB/RT have the potential with 100 power casts to do about 30% more damage. Getting to 10,000 power takes a lot of effort as it must be raised by hitting enemy players. However this enchantment is useful on bows as it is the only damage modifier enchantment that works on the bow rather than the arrows.

Venom and Life Transfer are both specialty enchantments, neither adds additional damage or if they do its far less than FA/FB/RT. Venom adds a poison effect to all wounds dealt which on healing ticks have the chance to instantly kill the poisoned target. It can only be healed using a fo priest or with farmer salve, not bandaging with cotton. The drawback that makes it rarely used is that AoSP armour will send the poison back to the user and most enemies will know the danger of poison and heal it before the healing tick can affect them.

Life Transfer is used regularly despite the lower damage output it has because of its ability to heal a wound every time you land a hit. Not sure about the specifics of the healing amounts to power ratio but its pretty decent. It will only heal one wound at a time, so generally is not a good choice for slower weapons. This is a very useful enchantment for hunting and pvp. Making it very balanced.

tl;dr - RT is usually the best for general damage output for pvp, use bloodthirst on bows and lifetransfer if you prefer the idea of easy healing than heavy damage output.

Outside of those enchantments you can also stack on a skillgain enchantment (CoC or Blessings of the Dark) and should ALWAYS try and get nimbleness enchantment on your weapon, WoA used to be handy but nowadays its not useful on weapons. Not sure if you can stack BotD with nimbleness, perhaps someone can confirm that for me, i doubt you can.

Mind stealer is its own type of enchantment and can always be stacked onto any combination of enchantments, it does not function in pvp and exists only as an aid to more skillgain/statgain while hunting.

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 2

Whooo to Nadroj for doing what I was too lazy to do :lol:

• Like 1

You can always rely on me to get annoyed with misinformation and angrily correct people  :D

Not sure if you can stack BotD with nimbleness, perhaps someone can confirm that for me, i doubt you can.

For awhile with a exploit you could, but you no longer can

Isnt FB bugged? FB should slow down the person you hit. But afaik it doesnt.

Best is one of those weapons thats has spells that dont normally stack. Gavin has a lot he may sell you some. They were left in the game and ok to use!

do nimb and bloodthirst stack? wiki dosent say... and would nimb work if cast on a bow?