Sign in to follow this  
Guruen

Inscribing And Locking Papyrus Sheets With Signature.

As the title says, i'd love to be able to lock an inscription on a piece of papyrus with a signature locked to your character.

It would work like this. 

You write on the papyrus as normal, and once done you get an option to sign it and it'll be locked. So other people will only be able to read it (also make it indestructible by others then the writer)

You could possible use a tool like a personal stamp to sign it. (This will also open up a use for beewax, if bees are ever added)

My thought/motivation for this idea is that i wanted to be able to offer quests, like i do in my forum post under celebration, on papyrus. Put them on my merchant and people buy them for 1iron and then they return the quests papyrus along with whatever the quest calls for and i give them the reward. (better solution would to have a notice board where people could take the quests from and perhaps limit it so 1 person can only take x amount of quests at a time)

This way it's possible to make something like a quest hub completely player run. 

Edited by Guruen
  • Like 6

perhaps keep it so that it decays, but slowly when inside a building. Could also have a seal ring and also able to make sealing wax.

• Like 1

I want to leave fun jokes all around roads and people will pick them up to read and laugh

[no it wont be messy, because people can keep them/pass to others]

Also make some kind of limit as Large signs have 'you can only plant one once a week outside deed'

Well these are just some ideas.

• Like 1

*bump* this idea would make it possible to make ingame quests like i'm doing right now via the forum! :D

• Like 1

Also make some kind of limit as Large signs have 'you can only plant one once a week outside deed'

not sure if we need that, the idea is so that you can write notes and coupons or contracts uneditable by others. sure they can decay over time but not while in your inventory and then the should be burnable.

+1 to wax seals as a edit-locking mechanism. Bring on beeswax.