Sign in to follow this  
Dudeguy

Survival Server

you can actually have multiple chars on one password and one email

You missed this part of my post read it again no need for me to explain it again so I will copy past it for you.

Another thing that would be shun by West would be having to have a separate account for each character. If wurm had a character log in screen where you could make max of 5 characters a player could pay for 1 account have access to each caster class and the jack of trades class. In the future if Rolf added new classes he could charge a fee to add character slots to the account so one could make the new class under the one account. This wouldn't stop players who like to have multiple characters up buying more than 1 account. Most mmo's I play I have min of 2 account's so I can play 2 or more characters at same time. But a option like this would attract other gamers increasing the head count in wurm which in return increases funding. Yes some players would stop using multiple accounts but the new players coming in would help compensate for this. He could even at that point allow for a fee charge to combine another account character "a transfer which is the most common name for it" to another account. This would also increase funding.

I had a similiar idea. Wurm of the Dead. Albeit, more nuanced, and deeds still.

That being said, I like the idea. I think we need to encourage new playstyles. I dont think it should be instanced though. I love the cross-server interaction this game provides. Trade and raiding parties were about the extent of it, which is one reason I promoted my zombie server idea. 

Still. I like this idea. However, there would need to be something to incentivize going there.

You missed this part of my post read it again no need for me to explain it again so I will copy past it for you.

no I aint missed anyhing, I just don't understand what your personal desires about paying less dressed in a form of East-West chauvinism have to do with a survival server idea? I now understand why your ideas are "slandered by the (east) players saying most of your ideas are bad". Cause they are (I'm from the East by the way). And when you speak about 'western' players getting slandered, you mean you, yourself and you again? Are you many copies of you?

Eastern-Western is a very bad argument, it doesn't really explain anything and it divides players depending on country they live in. If you remove it, all that's left is  "I just want it this way cause I'm used to this, and all players from my country think exactly the same". Well that's at least honest to say so. But I don't think you represent all the players from your country, I think you speak only for yourself trying to pose as 'voice of the Western people'. Maybe open up a separate suggestion for a western server and we'll see how many players agree with you.

Something similar to this was suggested recently and ran in to MANY pages. Rolf commented on the thread that it's something he may consider in due course, but it's not going to happen in the immediate future.

I'll see if I can find the other thread.

Well this is possibly the one I was thinking of, but has no comment from Rolf, so perhaps that was in another thread on the same topic: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/74748-hunting-server/

Something similar to this was suggested recently and ran in to MANY pages. Rolf commented on the thread that it's something he may consider in due course, but it's not going to happen in the immediate future.

I'll see if I can find the other thread.

Well this is possibly the one I was thinking of, but has no comment from Rolf, so perhaps that was in another thread on the same topic: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/74748-hunting-server/

No that is the one and you must of missed his post but it is in that thread.

Aha, near the top of page 6, I was expecting it to be later in the thread :)