Sign in to follow this  
Dudeguy

Survival Server

This would be a server where survival is the main focus. There would be no deeds, only simple items, and a heavier requirement to eat and drink.

The idea I had is that the server takes place in the future after some great war, in which every living, and undead thing is destroyed, and so the gods are forgotten. Though by some unexplained divine power, life's spark is rekindled on the barren wasteland, but artifacts of the past are still strewn about.

The Features:

1.    Only simpler items would be able to be created, such as flint spears, knives, etc... Metal items would be extremely rare, and found when foraging, botanizing, rummaging or digging.
  2.    Deeds would be nonexistant, and villages would be unprotected.
  3.    Eating and Drinking would be required for survival, as you would slowly die without either.
  4.    Armor from furs would be craftable.
  5.    Rather than priests, there would be witch doctors, which utilize the divine power mentioned previously.

There would be more features than just these, and yes, I know there are issues, but this is just an idea, and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Heh, sounds kind of like Golden Valley now outside the tutorial!

Not exactly as described, but in some ways the closest any existing server is.

eventually you'll have people complaining about the folk who hoard cows inside their 20x20 crude fence houses

eventually you'll have people complaining about the folk who hoard cows inside their 20x20 crude fence houses

survival remember, they can be your cows instead......

Interesting idea. *challange accepted* :-)

+1

I have always like the idea of a separate "instanced" server that allows players to enter and exit in groups for challenges.

For example, 5 players team up and walk through a portal to an instanced server, there they are met with nothing but a portal to take them back. They have basic tools and nothing else and have to survive against all sorts of enemies etc (possibly even another team).

Obviously there would be ways to win and lose and based on that players could be rewarded with things such as karma or sleep bonus, maybe even have a lottery instance where all teams pay a couple silver and the team with the best score takes the winnings..... I don't know im just throwing ideas around.

Every server is a survival Server. Just isn't enough danger to make them a real survival game. Specially on the freedom PVE servers. Once a player reaches a certain skill in FS or puts on a high set of armor at the beginning they Increase there survival so high it isn't funny.

Edited by Arkonick
  • Like 1

Every server is a survival Server. Just isn't enough danger to make them a real survival game. Specially on the freedom PVE servers. Once a player reaches a certain skill in FS or puts on a high set of armor at the beginning they Increase there survival so high it isn't funny.

How about taking some Fighting balance from those new medieval combat games? 2-5 hits your dead I +1 to that.

+1 i think this is a really good idea. it would give a bit of spice to the game something a little extra to do. having the same old things constantly gets tiresome. but in a survival game like that pvp should be open..making it more of an official pvp and not just kingdom vs kingdom allowing a safe zone for ppl fresh on server..and increase creature population by double or even triple to the other servers. it would force players to actually use there heads to stay alive. could also add a hardcore setting that if you died you would be reset or something on that specific server...this idea has a lot of potential in my opinion.

As a place one could visit for specific goals/scenarios etc I could see it.

A full blown server with no deeds though? How does Rolf earn his pennies?

As a place one could visit for specific goals/scenarios etc I could see it.

A full blown server with no deeds though? How does Rolf earn his pennies?

maybe you would need a certain amount of money in your bank, maybe 50c, just to name a price, when you enter the portal TO the new server. or you would have to buy a token/thingie at a trader in order to activate the portal.

I have always like the idea of a separate "instanced" server that allows players to enter and exit in groups for challenges.

For example, 5 players team up and walk through a portal to an instanced server, there they are met with nothing but a portal to take them back. They have basic tools and nothing else and have to survive against all sorts of enemies etc (possibly even another team).

Obviously there would be ways to win and lose and based on that players could be rewarded with things such as karma or sleep bonus, maybe even have a lottery instance where all teams pay a couple silver and the team with the best score takes the winnings..... I don't know im just throwing ideas around.

- 1. I was sick of instanced pvp mini-games in theme-park MMOs. Wurm is open world, without any instances - why create these here, if you can go for stupid mini-games to other MMOs? Please be careful throwing your ideeas around, some people may think you are talking seriously.

stop spreadind the allready spreaded population, no more servers please.

I think this suggestion is a good one although i do understand that the idea of another server as mentioned above could be a pain and yes yet again spreading the already thin wurm population even farther. However as you already have to open a new account so as to have alts, we made it so that you have to make a new alt to play on this server and that you can not leave the server therefore eliminating the need for a portal which i agree is a little to much and giving the opportunity for for an all new set of creatures but being as the idea is survival and the pretense is that life has just been granted by an unknown source then starting just like a noob would be the best way. My point in posting today is that we can definitely create a new Wurm world without changing the old one. This is just one way to make it work but as the nature of this idea is virtually a new concept to this game the possibilities are endless, new skills, new creatures, new structures, new professions, and above all else NEW PLAYERS!!!       And i dont think anyone has mentioned although i think weve all thought about it...............

Zombie Infestation?

Well I don't share the same idea. We do need a new server but we need a westernized server for us on the west. Almost every server is more for the east and little is for the players on the west and we are a bit different. Rolf needs to actually like all other mmo companies they make servers a alternate version tailored to the west to gain our gamers as well.

What do most not all but most people on the west want action and adventure. Well if Rolf was to take example the Indy server and make a Indy server for the west and add more mobs increase the danger for a harder hard core survival. Kill the real world money trade and replace with a virtual in game system where mobs drop the virtual money. Make a Pvp server and a epic server along side it where your skills don't reset for traveling over change the curve on the epic to match the other 2 basically kill the exp curve, then allow for the epic server to make alliances on both PVP and the PVE servers so when they have battles they can call for help from all servers on there alliance friends to portal over and join in a raid fight this would increase PVP battles and such with out having to start from scratch and such. This would give PVE players the ability to join in on PVP when they feel like it and if not they can say maybe next time. The PVE server would have to have a lot more mobs in scale of power to allow groups to form to take certain mobs down. It would have random events like on epic where nogumps and such arrive but maybe not them if it's a epic mob alone but maybe new mobs which the gods send to the out skirts to try take over.

Far as this Zombie thing I think people are to much into the latest fail of the War Z mmo and the movie on top of it lets let them things rest.

Rolf how ever does need to look toward the west for more income and the way Wurm is right now it's not what the west really want a few including my self play wurm the east version of it hoping for and posting all the time our ideas many are what we are use to over here but we get slandered by the east players saying most our ideas are bad.

Take Archeage right now. It is being looked over by Trion to see how they can make it more western because it done had a good bit of bad reviews on dislikes of the east version so yes even a company like Trion will make a west version. This is something Rolf should look into. Now I know people going to cry not more servers. Well sorry but you can't attract the west players with a east feel.

Well I don't share the same idea. We do need a new server but we need a westernized server for us on the west. Almost every server is more for the east and little is for the players on the west and we are a bit different.

What do most not all but most people on the west want action and adventure.

Take Archeage right now. It is being looked over by Trion to see how they can make it more western because it done had a good bit of bad reviews on dislikes of the east version so yes even a company like Trion will make a west version. This is something Rolf should look into. Now I know people going to cry not more servers. Well sorry but you can't attract the west players with a east feel.

As a representative of East race, this is my answer to West race minorities: if you want more adveture, why don't you have it then? What stops you from having the adventure you like? What kind of adventure would you like?

Powerful mobs, no real money trade and 'hardcore' - that is not adventure, that is game mechanics and generalized words. please clarify what kind of gameplay you want, and only then proceed to mechanics to achieve it. And please be as specific as you can, my Eastern brains are from different substance and they don't work like those of a Western race.

Edited by Ulfhrafn

*Sense some mild racism forming in thread...*

You want a hardcore, permadeath, difficult version of wurm?

Start a new freemium account and spawn on celebration. Drop all tools and go. If you die, start a new character.

Done.

Well I'm definetely not the one forming it, I'm being sarcastic about it.

so the decay of buildings/items would be significantly increased, in fact using a tool will quickly degrade it until it breaks. 

Server resets would occur to avoid any "banding" (I.e. group of people settling an area and developing a monopoly on the server).  Skill gains would be fast, animals would be everywhere... sounds fun.

so the decay of buildings/items would be significantly increased, in fact using a tool will quickly degrade it until it breaks. 

Server resets would occur to avoid any "banding" (I.e. group of people settling an area and developing a monopoly on the server).  Skill gains would be fast, animals would be everywhere... sounds fun.

You want a hardcore, permadeath, difficult version of wurm?

Start a new freemium account and spawn on celebration. Drop all tools and go. If you die, start a new character.

Done.

No this is not what I'm saying. Most of the east Wurm game west players crave for but another part they do not. For me to try and interpret this to a east player would be a hard task cause you don't think like the west.

One big mechanic West players don't like is a real world trade economy. West players don't want to come home after a hard days work and log into a game to only have to spend hours day after day working in the game to make ton's of items to sell on a in game market to make cash in the game. Nor do they want to take there paycheck and toss it in the game to change it into a game currency. The alternative is work a second job after a hard day at work in the game not enjoying one's self but slaving again to try and earn money in the game by making bulk items. Not many people like working 2 job's!

Wurm has a nice feel unlike the other mmo's where mobs scale noobie mobs to elite mobs. Wurm gives us that edge where a elite mob is mixed with the lower mobs. This is a good thing. What is bad is after a good set of armor and weapons and some time your skills over power the everyday mob in wurm on the PVE servers taking it down to, as if we are in a noobie field killing noob mobs. The scale I talk about is adding more harder mobs mixed in to compensate for the better gear and weapons and FS.

It does show Rolf develops PVP more than he does PVE. PVP servers have more different mobs and god's. The PVP servers have every thing the PVE servers have and then some. What does the PVE server have the PVP servers don't? Nothing! A lot of the western world are not PVP fans so Something has to be given to attract them.

Another thing that would be shun by West would be having to have a separate account for each character. If wurm had a character log in screen where you could make max of 5 characters a player could pay for 1 account have access to each caster class and the jack of trades class. In the future if Rolf added new classes he could charge a fee to add character slots to the account so one could make the new class under the one account. This wouldn't stop players who like to have multiple characters up buying more than 1 account. Most mmo's I play I have min of 2 account's so I can play 2 or more characters at same time. But a option like this would attract other gamers increasing the head count in wurm which in return increases funding. Yes some players would stop using multiple accounts but the new players coming in would help compensate for this. He could even at that point allow for a fee charge to combine another account character "a transfer which is the most common name for it" to another account. This would also increase funding.

I'm stopping here cause I could wright a 100 pages or so.

This would be a server where survival is the main focus. There would be no deeds, only simple items, and a heavier requirement to eat and drink.

The idea I had is that the server takes place in the future after some great war, in which every living, and undead thing is destroyed, and so the gods are forgotten. Though by some unexplained divine power, life's spark is rekindled on the barren wasteland, but artifacts of the past are still strewn about.

The Features:

1.    Only simpler items would be able to be created, such as flint spears, knives, etc... Metal items would be extremely rare, and found when foraging, botanizing, rummaging or digging.

2.    Deeds would be nonexistant, and villages would be unprotected.

Eating and Drinking would be required for survival, as you would slowly die without either.

Armor from furs would be craftable.

Rather than priests, there would be witch doctors, which utilize the divine power mentioned previously.

There would be more features than just these, and yes, I know there are issues, but this is just an idea, and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

+1 and -1... I'll explain.

+1 to your idea. It sounds like a bundle of fun.

-1 to this implementation. Do you realise nearly everything above would apply if characters were marooned with nothing in their inventories on a new server?

I would propose an alternative implementation - a survival scenario, maybe only a few months long. Players can choose it as an option from epic portals or something, and you are stranded with everyone else at the beginning of the scenario on a deserted island with nothing. Nearly all of the above would be true immediately.

If the server has no traders, bang, no deeds. However, maybe to compensate, entry to the scenario costs 10s or 8 euros or something?

I'd do it, if it was a temporary thing - like for a month or three or if you could port back once you got a portal up or something.

In the future if Rolf added new classes he could charge a fee to add character slots to the account so one could make the new class under the one account.

lol what classes?

lol what classes?

Each Priest role is considered a Class. A class is what makes it different. You can't be every type in the game it's one or the other Vynora or magaron and so forth you can not be all at same time. This is what makes it a class. if I recall there was 2 more or 1 new one added on epic server.

Each Priest role is considered a Class. A class is what makes it different. You can't be every type in the game it's one or the other Vynora or magaron and so forth you can not be all at same time. This is what makes it a class. if I recall there was 2 more or 1 new one added on epic server.

you can actually have multiple chars on one password and one email