Sign in to follow this  
Puertorro

Should Rolf Revert The Enlightenment System Back To Where It Was Easier Poll

Should Rolf revert the enlightenment system back to where it was working.  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rolf revert the enlightenment system back to where it was easier?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but fix the current broken state it is on.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by Tpikol, July 8, 2013 - nonsense
Hidden by Tpikol, July 8, 2013 - nonsense

I want someone to enlighten my corn field. 

Fix meditation gains, remove enlightenment, drop everyone to their proper path level based on their meditation skill.

i agree with this

voted no, meditating is a hard skill its meant to be like that for the ridiculous abilities you can get at high levels and with the old system someone with 20 meditating could easily get level 11 ablilities

I voted yes.

These 'skills' aren't game breaking for anyone and will not effect your gameplay whatsoever. Unless the Dev's change it to guaranteed skill gains per session instead of the randomness they have now, i'm not for it. Maybe change the cooldown for enlightening longer, but not as current where it's impossible.

To me, it looks like it just looks a little like elitism from some. Give me one good reason why enlightening is a bad idea and how it will negatively impact your gameplay?

To me, it looks like it just looks a little like elitism from some. Give me one good reason why enlightening is a bad idea and how it will negatively impact your gameplay?
On a PvP server some of these powers can make the difference between life and death, which can make the difference between losing/gaining a scale set or other equipment worth hundreds of euros. People should have to work to gain these abilities rather than just get to 15 meditating and then just wait for cooldown timers to get the great powers.

Voted No.. I never cared for the enlightenment system anyway.

change it back to old system or reset skills for everyone to the actuall meditation skill-lvl they have.

Otherwise it is again a big bonus for a few selected Rolf-buddies.

But alas i know it will not happen - happy ranting all and cant await the formidable overhaul we will likely see....or not see....

View hidden Post
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Tpikol, August 4, 2013 - cleaning spammer
Hidden by Tpikol, August 4, 2013 - cleaning spammer

MEDITATION AND LAW OF ATTRACTION is deeper than the deepest sleep that you can ever have. When the mind becomes free from agitation, is calm and serene and at peace, meditation happens.The benefit of Meditation as much as possible from the self help healing that meditation can bring into your life; there are a few things to keep in mind. The most important element of any meditation style is breathing. You will breathe in slowly and deeply through your nose, hold it for just an instant at the pinnacle, then as slowly as possible release the breath out your mouth, compressing your stomach down to push the air out of your chest cavity.

FOR DETAILS:http://www.easemeditationonline.com

Edited by armanalom

I personally think you should have to work for the skill needed to be enlightened, not just get a free pass to the next level

Voted no.

Meditation is not hard, it's just long. It's a strategic play, and I like it that way.

I also have mixed feelings on a vote to revert every nerf... it's getting a bit old.

Just disable bonuses for people who lack the required skill for their mediation level. Easy fix.

• Like 7

Rolf: it's not a skill requirement per se but there's a difficulty check

Rolf: like level you try to achieve *10 or so

Rolf: increasing meditation skill will increase chances yes

What does this actually mean? Would that be a difficulty of 60 to enlighten from level 5 to 6, with an adjustment for level of the character being enlightened. So if they have level 20 (required for level 6) then the difficulty should be a lot lower. Just wondering if anyone worked out the actual maths of it. Since enlightening is still in the game...

Last I have heard,  enlightening  is broken.  There have been  several  people trying to enlighten others with almost the skill required to get the question by themselves and it still fails.

I have been wondering, has anyone tried to enlighten someone that has the required skill level, but got the answer wrong?  I was just thinking that enlightenment would make sense as a way to reduce the timer from 3 weeks to 3 days or something like that, but was curious to find out if that is how it works now before making a suggestion to that effect.

I have been wondering, has anyone tried to enlighten someone that has the required skill level, but got the answer wrong?  I was just thinking that enlightenment would make sense as a way to reduce the timer from 3 weeks to 3 days or something like that, but was curious to find out if that is how it works now before making a suggestion to that effect.

I would +1 that suggestion for sure if it comes up. Sounds like a very useful way to use enlightenment. 

No, what Rolf should do is revert everyones meditating skill to 1.0. We all know the exploits in the beginning.

Enlightment should be taken away. As others said in this thread, want something, work for it!

He should also take away the "free Champs" bonus, 50% damage reduction. Or at least make it last 15 minutes per 24 hours. If you dont Think the free champ bonus is OP, well then I dont know what to say lol.

No, what Rolf should do is revert everyones meditating skill to 1.0. We all know the exploits in the beginning.

Do enlighten me [Ha, I couldn't resist that one].

• Like 1

i know someone with the skill and time needed tried to be enlighted just to see if it could work,and after a lot of failing went to a special tile and got the question alone in 2 tried.

i say either fix it(maybe make it harder than it was but not imposible like it is now) or just remove it and take all meditation levels down to what your skill allows

So let me get this right. Another "window of opportunity" on a skill that has been acting this way since release?

Seriously, if your going to do this to a skill like that, that has been so open for so long, fix the skill gain. Meditation skill gain is terribly broken. Also roll everyone's character down to whatever path they are able to be on per their level.

So let me get this right. Another "window of opportunity" on a skill that has been acting this way since release?

Seriously, if your going to do this to a skill like that, that has been so open for so long, fix the skill gain. Meditation skill gain is terribly broken. Also roll everyone's character down to whatever path they are able to be on per their level.

Actually, I think he has made getting skill easier.  I have been getting lots more skill tics from meditating the last 3 or 4 days than I used to get.

[...] Also roll everyone's character down to whatever path they are able to be on per their level.

That becomes a dangerous argument to make, because if it happens, you now have an argument to do the same to every other "window of opportunity" skill gained.  Because I can easily see a lot of folks who were enlightened to their current rank start yelling about those who were grandfathered in on FS, weapon skills, and blocking skills using bred/penned animals to be rolled back as well since this was deemed to be a "semi-exploit" and was thus disabled by introducing the "bred" tag.

Yes, it's harder to tell who did or did not use this method, but the argument is still there to be made.

These Windows of opportunity have really started to get to me. If something has become an accepted game feature that has been "overlooked" (Ignored) for any amount of time, it is a really underhanded move to stop it cold, but let the people who benefited from it have the rewards. A new account will have an impossible time catching up in meditation, which in the spirit of meditation is intended, but to a new or casual player is a blow to their view of the game. I think a lot more effort should go into adding new content, then watching it so we can close a window after a few months, not 4 years. Farming, enchanted grass, ~From hussars~ FS, weapon skills, and blocking skills using bred/penned animals, on deed lamps, ect are all somewhat game breaking in the sense that a new player will have an extraordinarily hard time catching up to any players before this change. To read this discussion as a player coming fresh into this topic would be extremely disheartening, knowing that these unfair advantages will exist and probably persist in happening.  Rolf needs to stick with a decision and stop altering large chunks of the game on a whim, because these changes are game breaking, a large hit to the morale of the player base, and generally rushed and haphazardly implemented.

TL:DR

Windows of opportunity hurt any new player's, lower game morale, only serve to increase the gap between new and old. Things like this need to be monitored after implementation so when, not if, a window is closed it is in a substantially less harmful time period than it is now.

Edited by AnarchistRise
  • Like 2

As a 'new' (1 year) and casual player, I can say that having the option to get enlightened has been very useful as a way to get to a meditation level which has some worth a bit quicker. Getting 30 meditating is not so bad, but getting from 30 to 50 is currently a major slog, when skillgain is random and small when it happens (even with 80+ CoC). I have 36 meditating currently and have got to level 8 with the aid of some very nice players on my server who were willing to bump me up. And I would have done the same for those below me. It's a nice feature. I can understand the perspective of those who ignored the enlightenment system and worked to get that meditating skill. There are those who would not be keen to enlighten others. But there are also those who are, and some of them will go out of their way to help new players (thanks guys). The strongest opinions in this thread are coming from those who want not only to get rid of the enlightenment system, but to revert anyone who used it to a lower path level. That's understandable, but I wanted to put in another perspective and ask that you guys consider that for a bit.

I've been ready to get enlightened to level 9 for a while, but I thought I'd see how long it takes to get to 50 meditating. Progress is very slow, by the way...