Sign in to follow this  
Puertorro

Should Rolf Revert The Enlightenment System Back To Where It Was Easier Poll

Should Rolf revert the enlightenment system back to where it was working.  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Should Rolf revert the enlightenment system back to where it was easier?

• Yes
    • No
    • No, but fix the current broken state it is on.

As title says, please vote and voice out constructive criticism without insulting your fellow wurmians.

Voted No.. I never cared for the enlightenment system anyway.

No, Enlightening is stupid.

• Like 1

I'd prefer it if he showed the % chance on the menu so I don't have to spend eternity trying to do an action that could just happen to be bugged and broken. If I can see a % chance that says 100% for example and I never succeed after 20 attempts then I know it's not working. I spent half hour trying to enlighten somebody with 26 meditating to level 7 path of love (requires 30 skill). I have close to 60 skill and no success.

• Like 1

No, enlightenment is against every "rule" in wurm. To get access to nice things, you have to work for it. Yet enlightenment made meditation rewards freely available to anyone without doing basically anything.

• Like 1

Voted ...yes

If high end older players want to help other players by giving them a leg up then i think they should have the ability to.

If you don't want to Enlightening other players.....you can always say no.

Also the Dev's coud always add in an Op for players who do not want to Enlightent other players to remove there "Path Leader" name from the list.

That way they would not get bugged by other players.

I voted no.

I think the only way enlightening should be possible is if the person being enlightened already as the skill necessary to progress to that level - i.e. the only advantage is they don't have to go and find the necessary tile and keep trying for the question. Personally I would also be in favor of bumping people down to the max level their skill can support...

Incidentally, when people are saying it's broken, has it only so far been tried enlightening people beyond their skill range? Anyone tried enlightening someone who DOES have the skill to progress?

• Like 8

I voted no.

I think the only way enlightening should be possible is if the person being enlightened already as the skill necessary to progress to that level - i.e. the only advantage is they don't have to go and find the necessary tile and keep trying for the question. Personally I would also be in favor of bumping people down to the max level their skill can support...

Incidentally, when people are saying it's broken, has it only so far been tried enlightening people beyond their skill range? Anyone tried enlightening someone who DOES have the skill to progress?

THIS

If ya dont have the meditation skill required...you shouldn't be able to increase your level...and agree +1 Those who dont have meditation skill required should be bumped back down to where they belong!~

I think you should earn your skill not leapfrog off your friends you don't see anything else work like that.

• Like 2

I voted yes.

Meditation skill gain is quite limited and difficult, even for wurm. Look at priests for example as a comparison.

One can only gain a set amount each day.. besides priests what other skill has that limit and faith gains are much larger than meditation gains.

Edit 2: And of those 5 attempts, you can fail and gain nothing.

Plus it requires a rug and you have to constantly move around, priests can pray on the same object without ever moving.

In addition one must travel to find a specific tile, tiles that can be lost.. where in priests you can lay down an altar anywhere you want relatively easily.

The benefits available are limited to about 6 in total scattered at various levels, where in priests new abilities are available far more frequently

If you make meditation skillgain easier, for example removing the daily cap then fine I could see meditation having a higher requirement for enlightenment and being a more normal grind.

It is my personal opinion adding this to the load that people, especially new people just wont bother with meditation at all.

Work vs Reward some of the benefits aren't that great for the work required as it was.

Oh and as it was you had to manage to find someone exactly 3 levels higher than you, willing to help you, on at the same times as you and manage to get together with said individuals.

My .02

Edit: On a side note, I have my charachters at the point I wish them to be, so this opinion is not driven by personal desire.

Edited by Huserx
  • Like 3

Voted NO.  Don't like Enlightening so anything that makes it harder is good. 

The powers from Meditating are very strong so people ought to work for them like they do for other things in the game.

No

Benefits are good balanced with effort.

Its long term skill.

Edited by vill

no

bonuses are really nice and should only be gained by working for them

it's really not that hard to reach 70 skill

last 3 days 15 tries and 0 skill gain.........just another skill made useless by the devs

last 3 days 15 tries and 0 skill gain.........just another skill made useless by the devs

imho that's the main trouble, priest can reach 90 faith (without sermons) faster than someone trying to skill meditate... if enlightment is harder, maybe it's time to remove the annoying randomness of the skill gains.

• Like 1

Skillgain definitely needs to be made easier, atm Meditation is insanely hard to grind, and as Huserx said, it requires much more effort for far fewer abilities when compared to priests.

Dunno about you folks, but I've put in next to no effort on Meditation. I meditate with SB when I log in (when I remember/can be bothered, which is probably actually about 30% of the times I log in :P ) and I'm closing on 50 meditation. Yes, it's not fast, yes, I could actually try and skill it a bit and it would no doubt be a little faster, but then I was never expecting to be able to shoot up to get the top level powers. When you say it's hard to grind, in one way, yes, it is, due to the limitations and the randomness, but it depends how you term grind. In another way it's really easy - meditate, wait 2 mins, gain or not. Try again later. That's not hard.

• Like 2

sometimes you get less ticks, sometimes you get more

i checked over 4 months once, i had about the same average every month

just don't focus on the bad streaks :)

• Like 1

When skillgain is too slow, it doesn't automatically mean the skill is broken.. Simply means, it is time to move on. I personally probably never touch weaponsmithing, because it is too slow, that doesn't mean it is broken though, simply not for me. Yet there are people, who do enjoy it. Same goes for meditation.

• Like 1

No, never liked it.  If you use enlightenment enough you end up hitting a wall anyway when there is no one higher to enlighten you and you still have low meditation skill.  You still have to do all the meditation to get the highest levels, so you should have to do it for the levels in between.

I only bother to meditate once or twice a day and most days I get at least one gain.

That looks to be one of those famous bad luck runs we all suffer from time to time.

Vote to remove enlightenment entirely. You want the cool swag, grind the skill.

voted no, but would love to have the randomness in skillgain removed - even if the skillgain is halved in return

• Like 3

Fix meditation gains, remove enlightenment, drop everyone to their proper path level based on their meditation skill.

• Like 5