Sonnyboy

Names For Other Animals Than Horses

Other names for animals  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Would You like to have other animals than horses to have names

• Yes, I like that
    • No, don't like that
    • Have no idea, Not interest

I like to have animals other than horses to have names, that will help us with breeding.

• Like 3

Sure, but I think that we have many topics about it already.

Yes this is thread 1000+ about the real issue; us wanting to be able to name animals ourselves.

We can name characters, houses, deeds, items... Why can't we name animals? We we can't name them things that are prohibited? I've ven seen names, even on the players that I found rather disturbing, so if that is an issue, fix that for once. There is already a attribute for most animals to save the name in, why not make that adjustable and add that to the others. I mean, riding Rolfrolf is getting old...

Edit; Every animal that you tame or otherwise have a saying over, should be able to be named the way you want. Period.

Edited by Nadineb
  • Like 1

Won't happen, because it would be...you know...useful...fun....'good'..

But I voted yes anyways.

Don't bring it up in Freedom chat, those people are a bunch of debby downers, they'll immediately tell you everything that is wrong with that idea and nothing that is good about it.

HOWEVER, I support this idea completely.  I'd love to name my horses what I please, although I do imagine we'd have a lot of Secretariats running around.

Thank you all for your support.

Lets hope it will inplanted in the game.

Sonny.

Only problem with naming animals yourself is the idiots who would use inappropriate and obscene names, which is why horses name themselves.  And there is no good way to have the computer catch all improper names and variant spellings, so it would take a staff always checking new names to see if they are acceptable, which won't happen.  +1 to any bred animals getting a name however.

Edited by Vroomfondel

@ Vroom we can name EVERYTHING in Wurm except for animals. What sort of things do you name ? I'd rather name my dog then my oven.

@ Vroom we can name EVERYTHING in Wurm except for animals. What sort of things do you name ? I'd rather name my dog then my oven.

Fortunately, most of the ones that enjoy causing problems do not realize they could name everything.  Otherwise there would be a lot more problems for the devs keeping up with violations.  But devs still do have to go around every day and have players change the names of things, buildings, and ships, or making them start new chars for a clever new way of spelling an obscenity.  My point is still valid, because of those that would abuse the naming, we probably won't get the option.

I'll be happy if the dev's just do it the same way as the horses.

It makes breeding much easier, and that is what i aksed.

Sure it would be nice if we can name the animals but i think there wil be a lot of the same names.

And that will end up the same as we have now.

But thanks for your support :)

Sonny

I'll be happy if the dev's just do it the same way as the horses.

It makes breeding much easier, and that is what i aksed.

This change would be an easy extension of current implementation. Poll results are overwhelming. Make it so.

+1 even if the name is random and only appears on examine for that animal and under the parents line

It wouldnt hurt to know which "aged fat cow" and which "old fat bull" are the parents of a calf, to keep track of inbreeding. (yep, I know, breeding pens, but sometimes a deed design or limited space can conflict with small breedingpens)

A random name batch specifically for cattle wouldnt be bad ("butterdaisy" "blackhorn" stuff like that)

Naming them ourself, yeah, might be a bit to tempting for creative cursers to have fun with. I would simply give them numbre/letter codes to keep track of breeding (yeah, I'm dull like that, cant really connect with lazy looking cows and bulls to give them a real name :P) but I can assume many would find it to tempting to be "creative" ;)

A random name batch specifically for cattle wouldnt be bad ("butterdaisy" "blackhorn" stuff like that)

Thats realy all i ask them to do, it makes it so much easier to breed.

And yea it might be that the dev's find it to, make it to easy for us, but than again there are lots of things not so easy (like shipbuilding or improving).

Definitely +1. Keeping track of animals would be so much easier!

Naming them ourself, yeah, might be a bit to tempting for creative cursers to have fun with. I would simply give them numbre/letter codes to keep track of breeding (yeah, I'm dull like that, cant really connect with lazy looking cows and bulls to give them a real name :P) but I can assume many would find it to tempting to be "creative" ;)

Thats what i wil do to give them numbers like Betsy1, Betsy2 and so on, and keep track of them that way :)