Sign in to follow this  
Badgirl

Make Blood Effect Optional

For those of us who don't want blood spatter in our games, please give us the option to turn it off.

-1 can barely even tell what it is.

If we do this I want an option to have my old forges back. ;)

Edited by Protunia

Nay. You must learn to enjoy the red mist. Bathe in it, love it.

some dont like blood

+1

always good to have on/off options.

some dont like blood

+1

always good to have on/off options.

Um there are many things people do not like, put in under the phobia check box and turn it green like suggested.

I like this update but respect that other people may not want to see this so +1

• Like 1

-1 can barely even tell what it is.

If we do this I want an option to have my old forges back. ;)

It's an effect, it's not a different model.

Akin to the phobia mode, there should be an option to replace the wounds and gore with kittens and rainbows.

+1

While I personally love the blood spatter effect, if my children were a bit younger, I'd prefer a setting to turn it off for them.  I don't think that's an unreasonable request - it's fairly common in games these days that aren't rated strictly for adults.

In fact, I'm rarely against giving people options for anything.  The only exception would be when it causes an imbalance with mechanics, which this certainly wouldn't.

Edited by Schiann
  • Like 2

Wurm probably won't ever receive a ESRB rating, but even still it's better to make sure you have a clean version of a game and a mature version.  So +1, I don't see any harm or possible way it'd hurt the game disabling it with Phobia Mode.  That's the point of Phobia Mode.  

Tons of big name games have these settings, usually a 'gore level' or 'blood level.'  It's nice variety especially because Wurm is for all ages.  Kids and adults.  

Edited by Postes

+1

While I personally love the blood spatter effect, if my children were a bit younger, I'd prefer a setting to turn it off for them.  I don't think that's an unreasonable request - it's fairly common in games these days that aren't rated strictly for adults.

In fact, I'm rarely against giving people options for anything.  The only exception would be when it causes an imbalance with mechanics, which this certainly wouldn't.

exactly the same thought +1 for me

I, too, prefer my games to be configurable to maximum extent. The problem is however that every additional binary option doubles the number of possible client states during runtime, which then have to be tested and considered for all future development. This can spin out of control and lead to things breaking in future updates.

Gore however is definitely a candidate for options.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

Its so gorrry ahhh! Can't get these aweful images out of my head! AHHHH!!!

+1

-1  First it was a phobia option for spiders, now they don't want to see blood when they kill something.

+1 With younger children who would like to play I will not allow them to do so with the spatter unless I can turn it off on their clients...

+1 With younger children who would like to play I will not allow them to do so with the spatter unless I can turn it off on their clients...

So, killing is all right, as long as there is no blood? I'm all for the idea, but I don't understand this logic. After all of the animations and graphics are done with for the time-being, then they should go back through and input all of the cosmetic options.

-1 for now, because of dev time going to useless options. Implement small features later, core mechanics are more important.

Edited by SwiftAsLeopard
  • Like 1

+1 don't get me wrong but i see this splashes quite disturbing - died just yesterday because didn't seen how 2 more mobs moved in combat. It's hard to see when spider makes such splashes every second from horse under you.

+1 For now. I'd like to see in the future that we have 3 options; Off, Some blood (like it is now), and MUCHOS blood and gore, like some people like it.

• Like 1

option 1 - no gore

option 2 - normal gore

option 3 - japanese fountains of blood level gore

• Like 2

Serious question to the OP:

The blood bothers you but the butcher corpses don't?

:blink:

"Eww red spot, how icky"

"Oh look dear how sweet, half the dead pig's face is skinned...."

Not a fan of the blood either, but I'd think the butchered corpses would bother a sensitive person more...

• Like 1

So, killing is all right, as long as there is no blood? I'm all for the idea, but I don't understand this logic. After all of the animations and graphics are done with for the time-being, then they should go back through and input all of the cosmetic options.

-1 for now, because of dev time going to useless options. Implement small features later, core mechanics are more important.

We hunt and children are well aware of animals and the value of life....however, when we hunt there is no such spatter continually spewing. We are not also on pvp for similar as well as other reasons. 

Serious question to the OP:

The blood bothers you but the butcher corpses don't?

:blink:

"Eww red spot, how icky"

"Oh look dear how sweet, half the dead pig's face is skinned...."

Not a fan of the blood either, but I'd think the butchered corpses would bother a sensitive person more...

Haven't given that a thought already. Good suggestion to include that in the 'kid friendly' No gore option. Butchered corpses would have the same graph of the non-butchered animal.

Edited by Nadineb