Sign in to follow this  
Rudo

Boat Ownership Change Bug?

I seem to be encountering an issue where when I cross server lines, I am getting ownership of the boat I am sailing. I am piloting and the owner is riding as a passenger. After the zone through I suddenly have manage capability and she does not anymore. I didn't take notice to this being mentioned elsewhere. Happened crossing from exo to indie twice since the most recent patch.

Not so much a bug, as its used on a regular basis to hijack ships. For quite a few years. A main reason why its good to moor and lock a ship even on Freedom servers, plus making sure only a few select can captain.

At least its fine on Epic servers and/or leaving Chaos. Unsure about Freedom servers.

Does the ownership of ship actually change?

Used to be under 1 name before crossing, then a new name after?

Yeah it's under her name with the manage option and all that. I don't have manage. We cross the server then she doesn't have manage anymore but I do. I am captaining at the time and shes passenger.

Does the ownership of ship actually change?

Used to be under 1 name before crossing, then a new name after?

this is how it's always worked. If you cross a server, the current captain becomes the owner. Let the real owner do the commanding across servers, or just allow friends to command, or manually switch the owner in the settings after crossing. Not a big deal

This is new then as far as I know. You can only cross on a ship that you own or part of village.

I do not recommend crossing server with a village boat, as the owner and the user are usually not in the same village on the next server. Meaning the user will be stuck on that server.

If you don't own the boat (being the actual owner or be in the village with the owner), then you can not cross. You'll get an event message that only owner can cross.

This is new then as far as I know. You can only cross on a ship that you own or part of village.

I do not recommend crossing server with a village boat, as the owner and the user are usually not in the same village on the next server. Meaning the user will be stuck on that server.

If you don't own the boat (being the actual owner or be in the village with the owner), then you can not cross. You'll get an event message that only owner can cross.

Uhhh, what?

The settings can be adjusted to allow friends on or even everyone on. It's not limited to just village mates. There's no event message that prevents people from crossing on a boat they're already riding. Crossing servers doesn't change the settings at all, so if you're passenger on one side, you'll still be passenger on the other side; it doesn't just spontaneously kick people off at the border. The only thing that changes is the Ownership, and doesn't really affect anything at all since the settings had to be in place for you to command/board in the first place.

The only time this becomes a hassle is in a big knarr ride with a dozen people. Since not everyone is from the save village(or any village, if raiding an enemy home server), you have to use the Friends or Everyone setting. Generally everyone friends each other before boarding so the issue doesn't come up. Even if it did though, it's just a 5-second fix to friend the person or adjust the setting.

Edited by Versai

Bump this bug still appears after 5 years.

On 7/1/2018 at 11:18 AM, Sklo:D said:

Bump this bug still appears after 5 years.

How many players were in the ship and what perms/ownership did they have, before and after?

I have crossed between freedom servers quite a bit in ships of a friend or alt, and I never got an ownership change. PvE only, of course. (You get ownership if you cross to a PvP server.)