Sign in to follow this  
Zealord

Shields And Shield Skill Won't Be Used.

no one gets shield skill nowadays, not since the recent shields "update" was implemented. training on same mob stops giving shield skill after first 30 secs of combat or so, and when you hunt, you dont carry 100 1 ql shields, so every single mob would bust it in combat but you would have some chance getting skill. ppl hunt with high ql shields, so they can repair them least every 10-15 mins, not 5 times per mob killed. But high ql shields give no skill once you have 20+ already. so its just all.... oh, w/e

No comment about this thread, but I will comment about this load of crap.  I'm grinding up a second shield to 90, and using a 60-70ql shield with 74 coc, I gained 0.3 shield skill at 77 after a few hours of hunting things from trolls to unicorns to lava spiders and lions.  Its dirt easy to grind still, and hasn't changed.

• Like 1

110711 More fighting tweaks

Shield bashing now has a cooldown

Prior to this you could constantly shield-bash with out a problem, meaning if you had a problem gaining skill from parrying you could get it easily from shieldbashing. There were additional tweaks during this period in regards to how shields are used which is probably the cause of LOW level shield parry rate problems.

No comment about this thread, but I will comment about this load of crap.  I'm grinding up a second shield to 90, and using a 60-70ql shield with 74 coc, I gained 0.3 shield skill at 77 after a few hours of hunting things from trolls to unicorns to lava spiders and lions.  Its dirt easy to grind still, and hasn't changed.

I believe other stats play a role in helping block.... I will agree as an experienced player I can skill shields very easily, I gained 0.20 shield skill at high levels in 3 hours of hunting yesterday without CoC. I spent more time hunting AND with a better QL shield on an alternative newbietoon and didn't even get up to 3 skill.

Make a new toon that is not on Epic (not sure if that might make a difference). Now, skill up shields to 20 and tell me how long it takes, infact I'm so confident - skill it to 10. Btw this is just from general hunting, not pen training - You should be able to get 'okay' gains from hunting without the need of a pen.

• Like 1

You must be one of a lucky and gifted wurm player. I hunt 2 to 5 hours daily on various mobs, always using shield with 90+ coc/botd starting at 80ql and it burns down to some 30-40 ql after im done. and to be honest if i happen to bring home 0.05 shield skill im really surprised. and my skill is only in low 70s.

Edited by Dboy