Sign in to follow this  
Norseman

Returning To Wurm - Good Idea?

Hello i have a few questions to which i hope you (the reader) can help me get answers for!  :)

I have been playing wurm about 9 months ago and have been thinking about coming back once in a while.

The reason why i'm posting this thread is to ask if the people think it's a good time to return or not?

I remember i was playing on Epic as a HOTS character the last time i logged off.

My questions goes as follows:

1. Has Epic changed and is it still called Epic?

2. Are there any villages of medium size who participates in PvP that are looking for new members?

3. Is Epic still "epic" or are there not that many people there anymore or does everyone have 99 skill in stuff already which leaves to point to starting again to compete with hardcore players?

Thanks for reading and i hope you can answer some of these questions  ;)

still called epic

yes

people have gained skills but it is still epic, you can kill someone who has a better account

Aren't you the guy who created NoA, or wanted to create it?  

It really grinds my gears when people think everyone has this MEGA UBER SUPER UNBEATABLE account from being on epic and they haven't played for a while, or are just starting out.

You can catch up to anyone and anything if you just play the game and grind, just like everyone else does.

Start fresh and come to chaos PVP. At least start a free toon and check it out. Its really not hard to become viable. Let me know if you do have any interest.

Chaos?

Is that a new PvP server like Epic?

what's the difference?

(as you know i haven't been playing Wurm for a while so i'm unaware of the new things) ;)

It's old Wild, with changed name. It's connected to Freedom cluster.

It's pretty much just Freedom with added kingdoms and PvP, so you won't find here Epic's skill curve, faster skillgain etc.

Chaos?

Is that a new PvP server like Epic?

what's the difference?

(as you know i haven't been playing Wurm for a while so i'm unaware of the new things) ;)

Pretty much what ^ he said. Its a connected cluster of freedom servers with chaos (old wild) is the PvP server.

There's no curve or faster skill gains but that's why I said its really not that hard if you know how to skill and are dedicated... pretty much same goes for epic.

That's also why I said just make a free toon and check it out for yourself, I won't sit here and say come to chaos because its better then xyz, each server clusters have their Goods and bads.

It really grinds my gears when people think everyone has this MEGA UBER SUPER UNBEATABLE account from being on epic and they haven't played for a while, or are just starting out.

You can catch up to anyone and anything if you just play the game and grind, just like everyone else does.

Yeah, really this, Norseman. 

The truth is that Epic is less about individual success and accounts, and more about kingdom teamplay.  Although a good account is fun and has perks, it's obviously going to last a bit longer in PVP and the ability to craft helps your village and kingdom.  PVP though is about a kingdom, and playing as a group.  Even the best account will die in a fight if the enemy has more people, it's almost near impossible for any player to win a 1v2 against actual fighters no matter what your body stats, shield, and skills are.  

I had a really good account, sold it, and made a totally new one and had probably equal success as others with double my stats because I play with a kingdom not alone.  I've killed players with 1300+ rank, 90fs+, and yet did damages + harms to them in combat.  Anyone can.  You can easily grind up an account in a few days and weeks and be able to fight and be a great asset to your kingdom just by your very presence.  Your goal, in my opinion, shouldn't be having the best account but instead having the best teamplay with your kingdom mates.  

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

making a new account on chaos took me weeks of grinding to be considered decent 

your best bet is epic in my opinion

I will stay on Epic i'm sure-

Just need to find a village of about medium size that is interested in having me then :)

I don't have too lousy skills i have around 40 in a variety of skills :)

Thanks for answering the questions people!

well if you want a medium sized village you are welcome to join mol rehan academy on desertion..im also pretty sure that external city would be willing to take you in on elevation..they are always looking for strong willed players to start up in the pvp front lines

I have found a village, thanks to everyone for replying to my thread and anwering my questions :)

Very Good idea  Norseman ;-) : to return and start playing on Epic. Best what you can do :D