Sign in to follow this  
lithi

Making Real Money With Wurm?

Is this even legal or more like allowed? I can actually see the potential in it and I'd be amazed if someone already isn't making it. Silver to euro ratio is 1-to-1. Thoughts on this?

Some people do sell gold coins for euros at cheaper then store rates.

You wont be getting rich off the game though, lmao.

You still have to earn the coins first.

It is allowed, but not supported. If you'll give someone 1g, then that guy could just not send the euros, and this way, you could lose 1g. It's more about trust.

It is allowed, but not supported. If you'll give someone 1g, then that guy could just not send the euros, and this way, you could lose 1g. It's more about trust.

Thtas why the money is send first, because you can withdraw with paypal

• Like 1

Rolf himself said it a while ago that it's part of the game, earning some real money on the side. He just isnt responsable if deals for real money go wrong between players.

Lots of gold being sold by players for real life money, even some of the better chars are being sold bewteen 250-600 euros

• Like 1

I was more of thinking the "work" side of it, not the money to money transaction. Has anyone ever paid real money for work?

I was more of thinking the "work" side of it, not the money to money transaction. Has anyone ever paid real money for work?

well when you pay with silver you pay with real money in a way but no i have never seen anyone pay with rl money for just work only high end items like drake and characters. 

Most likely, yup, but usually they work (mine/dig/fish/fillpans/...) for silver, lot easier method for paying for work ingame (unless you somehow know the person in real life, I wouldnt really give out real money directly for ingame jobs :))

Not really worth making RL transfers of 2 euros at a time. People use in game money, then sell that when they've built up enough for it to be worthwhile. It amounts to the same thing in the end.

there is no problem with that.... and we always speak someone who work well and play wurm alot... can make some RL money.... that num. are not huge .. this also help new ppls to get 1g cheeper... but at end ... all stays in wurm....

Top I saw an account go for was Hellroth at I think over €800. But it was a lot of effort to get that account to there so maybe not totally profitable. But, Wurm can make cash :3

I do it, and its one of the biggest reasons I stay active with the game. Aside from how awesome the game is otherwise lol

Not a job replacing income. But sometimes an extra couple hundred euros a month

Same as Roan.  It's not going to replace my job - but it does come in handy for "fun" money.

not enough money to live from it though.

But one day maybe you will be able to be a full time Wurmian with nice amounts of money every month, it is possible in other online games too. This game has the potential to become one of this games for sure, it is just a question of time and ideas.

• Like 1

And a lot of effort to get to the point where you CAN churn out worthwhile amounts of labor in a worthwhile time frame. While any newbie can dig up thousands of dirt or bricks to trade for silver, it's going to be slow and boring.

I had a friend who fronted me a character and house in Ultima Online so that I could try to earn some cash by crafting in that game. After a week of mind-numbingly boring grinding, I told him, "Sorry, I'd rather work a real job."

Wurm is the same way to me - although there's more chance that I'll get up to the rarefied levels that I can actually make some money in a reasonable amount of time, here.

Aye, one cannot expect to even break even, let alone "make money".

The amount of time, effort, and capital invested just to reach such levels is pretty intensive. Cannot even begin to factor in the work involved later maintaining stock and overhead. Not to mention being at the whim of the usual economic forces.

At best you will reimburse some of your costs; however, the important thing is you enjoy the game.

• Like 1

I see some pretty "basic" things of high quality ( which have needed a lot of work to get there ) selling for 10 silver, which is already your monthly subscription. 

I'd like to see some sort of official auction software or web auction website specifically for wurm online... nicer if it was hosted here so it'd tie member accounts to it.  This way it's more moderated and there's not 432325 "close me it's sold" threads or each wts thread having 14 posts not related to the sale.  Wurmbay ftw!

Edited by Nomadikhan

I'd like to see some sort of official auction software or web auction website specifically for wurm online... nicer if it was hosted here so it'd tie member accounts to it.  This way it's more moderated and there's not 432325 "close me it's sold" threads or each wts thread having 14 posts not related to the sale.  Wurmbay ftw!

The potential problem with that is that then, CodeClub would have some liability for fraudulent trades made using their service. By taking a hands-off approach to it, they can say, "It's your problem if things go bad."

Edited by Nekojin

Ive seen people do it. Ive spent money and made money. Its time well spent and cost less then a soda.

Edited by Gramuly