Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

Outlaw System Changes

If you go hunted, you should stay hunted for 24 hours. Right now people just log off for 30 mins to avoid getting killed, which is very lame. Another solution could be to make it impossible to log off while hunted.

If you go hunted repeatedly, there could be a chance that you randomly go BL. The rate that this happens should not be told to the player.

If a player bashes or catapults a wall that is off-deed, other people should be able to attack the player at will for the next 30 mins. If a player catapults an off-deed structure the player is not on permissons for, the player should be attackable for 2 hours. However, bashing a structure should not make a player closer to becoming a BL. Last night a group was catapulting Led Mart on Serenity, and it was hard to do something about it without going hunted. People should be able to defend their property when it is being damaged, even if it is off deed. If someone is attacked after bashing a structure, the attacker could be freely attacked by others for a certain amount of time. However, by attacking the attacker, you also are able to be attacked by others until the time is up. People could choose to stay out of the fray, but if they join they are in the same boat as the first guy. This would allow the players to police their on server by fighting those they think are griefers and ignoring those who they support.

If you house BL on your deed without killing them for an untold amount of time, you can randomly go BL.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 1

+1 for outlaw system changes

-1 for technical enforcement of off-deed ownership.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

aint no bl being housed why everyone keep saying that....

-1 for technical enforcement of off-deed ownership.

I agree that bashing off deed things shouldn't have a chance of making you go BL, but if people can't fight them back without going hunted it leads to situations like we had last night where a group can destroy stuff without punishment. Griefing should be possible, but not without possible punishment.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

Isn't it a PvP server? Why is a group destroying your stuff grief? Maybe they want that spot for themselves. Or just want you dead or unhappy.

Its PvP.

Edited by Roan
  • Like 1

Isn't it a PvP server? Why is a group destroying your stuff grief? Maybe they want that spot for themselves. Or just want you dead or unhappy.

Its PvP.

The problem is,  some people are destroying stuff just to troll others, because they know there is not much other people can do about it. I agree there should be PVP, but not inter-kingdom trolling. It doesn't make sense that 90% of the server could support led mart, while one guy can bash it down just because he wants to and attackers are commiting a crime against the kingdom. If people don't want something to be bashed, they could attack. To counter destruction there should be anti-destruction.

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 1

Your assumption is incorrect, people do not log off when hunted...they simply never go hunted at all. There are so many workarounds. These workarounds need to be covered or repuation system entirely removed.

• Like 2

The problem is that the system doesnt work. You shouldnt be penalized for protecting whats yours. 

No to 24 hour hunted, if you accidently mistarget a friend during PVP you go hunted, and every pillar spell hits you, every bad move opens you up to allied attack.

• Like 1

aint no bl being housed why everyone keep saying that....

BL players are being allowed to enter JK deeds and log off there while being chased by JK players. And if the players try to come in to kill the BL players the owner of the JK deed puts them on the KoS list. Thats called housing or harboring. And dont try to say it isnt happening becuase you know it is and are probably a part of it.

Edited by Jakari

No to 24 hour hunted, if you accidently mistarget a friend during PVP you go hunted, and every pillar spell hits you, every bad move opens you up to allied attack.

This is a good point. I think a solution to this would be to add a way for people to "pardon" someone that attacked, so the person is no longer hunted.

Also, there could be a way to "pardon" someone so that they can bash your structures without punishment.

EDIT: I just came up with a better solution to this problem. Post about it here http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/83759-cant-attack-while-lawful/

Your assumption is incorrect, people do not log off when hunted...they simply never go hunted at all.

They logged off last night for 30 mins after killing someone, and then they started catapulting again after logging in.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

BL players are being allowed to enter JK deeds and log off there while being chased by JK players. And if the players try to come in to kill the BL players the owner of the JK deed puts them on the KoS list. Thats called housing or harboring. And dont try to say it isnt happening becuase you know it is and are probably a part of it.

i dont hide anything i do.  so don't acuse me of hiding something if it is other blers(that im unaware of) that r doing great for them but i rather just break my way into the deed and take it over(free deed) . Atm im on an account destroying jkh yes and i will always do it until i see jkh burn to the ground. easier than going on shank and you guys can do stuff about it but so many people are so stupid on how stop it.

Edited by shankiest
  • Like 1

i dont hide anything i do.  so don't acuse me of hiding something if it is other blers(that im unaware of) that r doing great for them but i rather just break my way into the deed and take it over(free deed) . Atm im on an account destroying jkh yes and i will always do it until i see jkh burn to the ground. easier than going on shank and you guys can do stuff about it but so many people are so stupid on how stop it.

In fact you are hiding something. Your hiding behind a JK alt to do your dirty work instead of doing it with your BL main. What a real man you are.

• Like 1

I never got how this works.

If there is a Templar, the BL players get attacked the same as everyone else.

If there isn't, KOS doesn't do anything

I never got how this works.

If there is a Templar, the BL players get attacked the same as everyone else.

If there isn't, KOS doesn't do anything

I don't know if the deeds have templars. I keep hearing about how Decriptmist and his crew are hiding in Nos's deed, and there is nothing anyone can do to get to them.

In fact you are hiding something. Your hiding behind a JK alt to do your dirty work instead of doing it with your BL main. What a real man you are.

call it hiding i see it easier than wasting hour or two getting everything ready on my bler.....and he isn't an alt i use it more than your account and prob is even older than yours.

Atm im on an account destroying jkh yes and i will always do it until i see jkh burn to the ground.

The game isn't meant to be played this way. Its because of this that changes are needed.

Thanks for talking about it Shank. You provided an example of what is going wrong right now.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

I've become hunted a few times just logging into Serenity from the main cluster with characters never on Epic prior, if it was a bug and its fixed new changes would be ok, if it's still buggy I'd be against any changes, since your unable to do anything destructive to become hunted on a starter deed ( maybe attacking other players, not sure), I figured it was a bug.

The game isn't meant to be played this way. Its because of this that changes are needed.

Thanks for talking about it Shank. You provided an example of what is going wrong right now.

Its a sandbox game.

Arowhun, the game can be played however you want within the rules. Get out of S+I

u high boy? is this not a epic or is this freedom again with their silly moral laws...oh snap i considered jkh for a second a pvp server..my bad ill never say that again

Who the hell are you to tell people how to play the game?

Get over yourself.

Just remove the reputation system - make it so there are no penalties to attack other people.  That way, someone messes with your stuff, you murder them - problem solved.

• Like 5

The following changes to the Reputation system I think would both plug a lot of the issues as well as preserve the Reputation system and a specific part of it for the Vital and indispensable single game mechanic that if gone would make stopping f2p alts or even premium alts impossible. 

1. f2p players may not attack fellow kingdom members, their ridden or cart pulling livestock,, Kingdom deed branded animals, or pets at all. ever.

Attacking foreign and hostile mobs remains unchanged. 

2.F2p players may not destroy or damage any building, fence, or other construction at all since they cannot leave the home server enemy constructions won't matter

3. Majority Muted Players should also have their K chat and GL chats and CA Chat turned off until the mute is finished leaving just local. 

4. Auto converted Players may only after finishing the conversion waiting period transfer to the WL kingdom they did not just previously get auto converted to BL. for an additional conversion period then may if they choose return to their original Kingdom. 

While i understand that it's workaround enable the spy prevention doo dah should just catalog every IP as having a kingdom attached and disallow any log on's of other kingdom players at all. 

Edited by Joanavon