Sign in to follow this  
redchance

Elephants, Rhinos, Saber-Tooth Tiger And Possibly Mammoth

Elephants for a stronger hide in the game that would be weaker than a dragon hide but stronger than a regular leather hide also for the tusks as a possible spear option, Rhinos for the hides but also for the horn for a "healing soup" and saber tooth tiger for a more powerful lion that also gives off tusks that can be used for weapons. Also Mammoths as an option. 

edit --->Also i think saber tooth tigers would be a pretty awesome pet to tame and use for hunting/combat, what about you guys?

edit---> Possibility for mounts as well but only an idea

Edited by redchance
  • Like 2

I would like to see mules for F2p players same speed as the cow. Also a new Farm tool that you can hitch behind the mule and ride on that allows for faster tilling of earth. This idea should be very doable. This farm tool could only be used on dirt types and no solid rock types and any thing ridden across soil wise all but sand it would turn to dirt. What I mean is any packed dirt or crop field you rode over would be same as if you packed the crop or dug a scoop from a corner of a cropped tile.

I would like to see mules for F2p players same speed as the cow. Also a new Farm tool that you can hitch behind the mule and ride on that allows for faster tilling of earth. This idea should be very doable. This farm tool could only be used on dirt types and no solid rock types and any thing ridden across soil wise all but sand it would turn to dirt. What I mean is any packed dirt or crop field you rode over would be same as if you packed the crop or dug a scoop from a corner of a cropped tile.

This is completely unrelated to the OP.

I guess the top suggestions are pretty much just unicorns with a different model heh. I wouldn't go for yet another armor type, and I think rhino horns for healing soup is a bit wrong, also tusks as spears... surely the shape is wrong? We already have spears in game, so not really adding anything.

I'm all for adding new creatures, but I'd prefer ones that actually have some more noticeable differences (like sheep, whales, etc) not just because they are good-looking animals.

wraith, i suggested ideas, and u just blew them all down cuz it sounds like you don't want change, there are quite a few mobs in the game that have no use other than meat and fight skill , like lava fiends and pigs, i suggested some animals that would be cool, and even suggested a new armour type to be made from them, i didnt give extra details on the other 2 animals cuz i wanted to see what others could come up with. Anyways some new mobs would be cool, im sick of huge spiders, just saying. at the graboids thing im not sure how that could be implemented to the game

Nice ideas but meh, I'd rather see some of the more obvious creatures added such as sheep, goats, donkeys and mules before we start seeing prehistoric elephants and 20foot tall lions.

There are so many more useful animals relevant to the the current climate and general time period in Wurm that would be meaningful to add rather than these. Elephants, rhinos and such I would expect to find on a different continent with a warmer climate and different flora. Saber-tooth tigers would be a neat idea but they won't really be that different from mountain lions, would they?

What we really need is different servers with different biomes. Let's not just throw a random nonsensical combination of "cool" animals together in the same place and call it "fantasy".

Edited by EliasTheCrimson
  • Like 1

at the graboids thing im not sure how that could be implemented to the game

Underground monster that surfaces to attack. (not actually underground obviously but the model would just be an appropriately sized lump in the tile type.) The desert near me is just far too safe.

Edited by Elen

@at Aleska and elias

Considering this game has dragons trolls and goblins, i don't think bringing in prehistoric animals would harm the look. just saying, now i do believe they should be climate limited. Like elephants and rhinos aren't gonna live in a snowy area, but mammoths and saber-tooth tigers would as both were around during and before the ice age.

Edited by redchance

like say these animals only spawn on this part of this map, and i dont think we should limit certain servers to certain animals because then some servers would have less players just due to the fact they have less useful animals but the animals should be limited by region.

Nice ideas but meh, I'd rather see some of the more obvious creatures added such as sheep, goats, donkeys and mules before we start seeing prehistoric elephants and 20foot tall lions.

I agree with this. Too many exotic creatures would change the feel of the game.

but there's already a lot of exotic animals is what i'm saying how would this hurt the game when crocodiles already live on mountains and dragons and troll kings roam the land?

but there's already a lot of exotic animals is what i'm saying how would this hurt the game when crocodiles already live on mountains and dragons and troll kings roam the land?

Fantasy and mythical creatures and prehistoric animals are actually very different things. Almost all of the non-real animals I see in wurm are from the right area to be in wurm - unicorns, trolls, dragons - they are from what I would think the area wurm is set in.

And yes, I do think crocodiles on mountains and scorpions on frozen tundra are wrong. They also should be bound to their own biosystem, but sadly they aren't - but in my eyes, that's not a reason to add more out-of-place creatures :P

Wurm is set in the medieval time and some beast in that time would include

Elephant

Griffin

Centaur

Basilisk

Harpy

Ibex

Ichneumon

Manticore

Muscaliet

Onocentaur

Pegasus

Phoenix

Sphinx

Whale

Yale

Siren

Swordfish

Scitalis

Ram

Sheep

Pard

Mermaid

Leopard

Lion

Lamb

Jaculus

He-goat

Giraffe

Dolphin

Catoblepas

Camel

Bat

Antelope

Ape

These are just a few of animal's in the medieval time which wurm is based off of.

Edited by Arkonick

Dragons, goblins, trolls, giant spiders and unicorns are not exotic in the slightest. Not in a standard fantasy setting.

Crocs spawning on mountains is indeed strange. Previously they spawned on sand, which seemed more logical. That's no reason to introduce more weirdness though. Ideally we should have a regional spawn system where terrain is a factor but it might be hard implementing that smoothly at this stage.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

ok so we scratch off the mammoths and saber tooth tiger because they're prehistoric, but elephants have been used in the past particularly persia who was known to have war elephants, basically your medieval tank. Rhinos were around in that time as well. which were honestly the 2 animals i really wanted to push in this anyways, the other 2 were an idea

Wurm is set in the medieval time and some beast in that time would include

Elephant

Griffin

Centaur

Basilisk

Harpy

Ibex

Ichneumon

Manticore

Muscaliet

Onocentaur

Pegasus

Phoenix

Sphinx

Whale

Yale

Siren

Swordfish

Scitalis

Ram

Sheep

Pard

Mermaid

Leopard

Lion

Lamb

Jaculus

He-goat

Giraffe

Dolphin

Catoblepas

Camel

Bat

Antelope

Ape

These are just a few of animal's in the medieval time which wurm is based off of.

i would cross off all the flying ones at the moment because i don't think they could add them to the game even though a pegasus would be cool, swordfish and whales would be nice to have in the game, but im looking at animals that could open up possibilities for new items in the game, like say a leopard rug.

No.   At least for now, no.

I am not as easily swayed by shiny new toys and status symbols to play with like so many others.  We have enough cluttering up the servers in various and sundry pens and menageries for now.  Effort should be focused on fixing the toys that are already there, not compounding the existing problems by installing more bugged pieces.  To use an analogy, this equates to spending your way out of debt, and people wonder why nothing ever gets done.

Clean up the existing code errors, crash problems and infrastructure, then consider new goodies.

or u can get the new items in the game then work out all errors at the same time, because old bugs will open with new items as they are added to the game, why not add a huge update every so often and then work out all the bugs in between that and the next big update because people who complain about change halter progress. So you can be a stick in the mud and reject any new idea that comes to your fellow players' minds or you can come up with ideas to improve the game. That is all i am doing here is suggesting ideas if they are not added right now it will not bother me, if they are not added at all it will not be added, my objective here is simply to list some ideas i came up with.