Sign in to follow this  
Snoo

Adding Deed Setting - Attack Trolls Only

I'm not sure if its been done but I had the idea of adding a deed setting kinda like a agro check box but this one is for trolls only.

I like hunting and dont mind the other creatures roaming my deed but I would love for a guard to just protect the buildings from being bashed.

I'd still keep the guard for trolls, no real need to adjust the price but more of a building / walls / fences  protection setting.

Anyways thoughts?

• Like 3

How about you can type the creature name. Could work like KOS does that way it could attack any animal you want, rather then just 1 creature type.

• Like 2

i like this idea.. trolls are annoying but i want to keep pet crocodiles :)

hmm   -1 +1 -1 +1   i guess = 0 ?

i'm on the fence.  if it was easy for them to do sure.  but if it would take a week or two. i rather they work on other things. bridges for eg.

+1.

I am forced to have a templar on my deed if I don't want to log in to bashed fences and missing livestock one day.

I don't like having to pick up 50 animal corpses a week from my deed edges. There should be an additional setting for templars that only makes them attack people on KoS and bashing creatures.

Being able to set filters in general on what guards attack.

• Like 1

huge +1,

But I think it should go further and allow you to set what your guards DO and DONT attack regarding Mobs, you pay for the deed and the guards why shouldn't you be able to pick what gets attacked.

• Like 1

All for it, used to be 3 types of guards, if be easier maybe add choice of spirit guard or troll hunter who kills trolls on deed and in perimiter, because even with fences in 2 tiles trolls still take em down before guard can kill them. As it is now paying for guard and still losing walls and fight skill from mobs that are killable.

+1 for selecting what the guards will fight and not fight (I just want to turn off hellhorses)

Also for those saying the guards don't kill the troll fast enough, hire more guards.

Edited by Elen

It does seem to me that a more appropriate suggestion would be to stop trolls bashing stuff.

But yeah, I'm still +1 for this (including touch's idea as well)

I like this idea. Hopefully they can come up with something.

Also noticed that the 2 people that put -1 couldn't even give a reason why. 

It does seem to me that a more appropriate suggestion would be to stop trolls bashing stuff.

But yeah, I'm still +1 for this (including touch's idea as well)

/agree

we had 2 troll spawners, i had over 4 champ trolls in my deed and never had that problem.

It's part of the game and I dont think it's necessary.

Just log in more often ;)

I have a troll spawner in my front door too, never had bashing problems.

I would enjoy being able to filter what gets attacked though

Maybe you can filter what spawn too while we are at it...... :rolleyes: ( it's a joke )

Anyhow again -1 to any sort of controlled player attack only this or that mob.

Build a Guard Tower and get rid of your templar then you can pick and choose.

Edited by Protunia

I cant build a guard tower where I am, and I dont see what would be so game breaking in choosing the templar to discriminate instead of killing everything he sees.

Managing the spawns would be something completely diferent, but the templar that I pay for, why shouldnt I be able to tell the guy to take a nap instead of killing X type of creature ?   I can already tell him to kill X or Y player.

I cant build a guard tower where I am, and I dont see what would be so game breaking in choosing the templar to discriminate instead of killing everything he sees.

Managing the spawns would be something completely diferent, but the templar that I pay for, why shouldnt I be able to tell the guy to take a nap instead of killing X type of creature ?   I can already tell him to kill X or Y player.

Because the templar is set to either defend the settlement against mobs or not.

And I just think any sort of player controlled spawning of mobs or settings for killings of certain mobs through the templar system is bad.

KoSing players is because you cant set it to kill all yet..................wouldnt that be fun :)

My advice get rid of your templar skill up fighting and you wont have to worry about trolls ever again.

Edited by Protunia

For me its not the fact of Trolls bashing etc, its more that I want certain animals to be killed; crocs, spiders, trolls etc and others to be left alone like Hellhorses.

Again I honestly have no idea why people are arguing against being able to decide what mobs YOUR guard kills, the current settlement system isn't great but this needs to be added.

As a mayor of a deed you should have ultimate control over it.... guards, houses, players everything. All it would take is a list of aggressive animals and a tick box next to it.... hell could even add non aggressive and get guards to attack them if you wanted.

• Like 1

. hell could even add non aggressive and get guards to attack them if you wanted.

Hell no to that   -1  to easy to set up for griefing.

On top of that the guards have no business attacking non aggro's period  they are there to protect the settlement that's it.

The spirit of a proud knight has decided to protect this place.

Edited by Protunia

+1 to a deed setting for which aggro animal(s) a spirit guard should attack and which not.