Sign in to follow this  
Kegan

Boat Bridge To Exodus

I was just pointed to this topic. Lucky thing I guess. I will tell you now that my deed crosses the entire gap that would give you access into the south of it (hermitage is my deed) you can go through and on down through rage land but after that you will hit sunder and it is locked up tight. I cant say that I like this idea at all considering how every single person that would be travelling down from there would have to cross my deed. Much of the land north of my place is littered with bits and pieces of highways and wreckage and also FULL of hostiles. Plenty of times I almost die and I can take care of myself in some pretty sticky situations. I guess the main thing that bothers me is the need for this highway, is there really one? (and just so you know I am not opposed to highways, I just finished building one that goes around the entire west side of the bay.)

edited to add: I should point out also that there is a road system already built up here that would require no building near my place at all but it ISNT highway you still need to figure out how to get around sunder. 

hmm...im not wanting to go south...they want to come from the south going north..if I understand your post correctly...i dont care if the hiway goes in or not..simply trying to Find the route that would be used to avoid Golden Maple View. Fire doesnt want it near his place..and we allready have an existing road system. So assuming they do get past your places..it would then... somehwere... need to connect to the existing hiway system to avoid conflicts. Apologies for the confusion.

Edited by sunsvortex

yes I understand and they can get through fine by my place, I made sure of it...with a single lane road. But to get here from the south they will have to go past Sunder, I guess it is possible. Not sure how you would go up north. We have a road that runs past hermitage and up along the shore but it eventually does go to GMV. If you could find an alternate route before reaching there it would be ideal. Just spend a few hours running around through that area and you will see how many partial double tile roads are running through there every which way. It really is a mess.

Sounds like you guys need to get together and figure out a road if nothing else for you guys to use. I am not a fan of roads that much either but one well made one is better than a lot of half baked ones all over the place littering the landscape  

Edited by Kegan

Well that's just it Kegan, we do have roads that work just fine for us here in the area. Plus a lot of junk roads not needed....

Well that's just it Kegan, we do have roads that work just fine for us here in the area. Plus a lot of junk roads not needed....

Exactly

Also if.. due to deeds... they need to push further west than Monestary..then there are 2 more connection points that can be used....just depends on ultimately where they land...

Well then what is the problem do they not go past your place on up north?

Edit: maybe you can use paint or something and draw in the rough spots where the roads are now so we can see where you guys are talking about? 

Edited by Kegan

Well then what is the problem do they not go past your place on up north?

Edit: maybe you can use paint or something and draw in the rough spots where the roads are now so we can see where you guys are talking about? 

again..I could care less about where it lands as long as it connects to the existing road system..if it doesnt..there will be all manner of hell raised by everyone up here. No one up here wants another hiway in..the remnants of those are all over the place..we would rather avoid it...

I have other projects going atm...but your more than welcome to come up here and map it out.

seeing as your just going to quote what you said and highlight a few words in red, ill do the same and explain why.

yes you did say to the complancey of the deed owners, however you have yet to even ask them, i doubt most even know about what you guys have planned, the least you could do is give them the topic url. Or do you want to make plans and then have every single local here say no to them?

As samool allready pointed, we have nothing planed, we are just trying to get some ideas and such, so put your fork and torches at a side please.

Is not like someone really started to dig out your place jesus!

That sayd i´m out, i´m far away of wanting to make troubles to people living in the server, just wanted to point a posible solution.

You can continue with your drama without me.

• Like 1

I was just pointed to this topic. Lucky thing I guess. I will tell you now that my deed crosses the entire gap that would give you access into the south of it (hermitage is my deed) you can go through and on down through rage land but after that you will hit sunder and it is locked up tight. I cant say that I like this idea at all considering how every single person that would be travelling down from there would have to cross my deed. Much of the land north of my place is littered with bits and pieces of highways and wreckage and also FULL of hostiles. Plenty of times I almost die and I can take care of myself in some pretty sticky situations. I guess the main thing that bothers me is the need for this highway, is there really one? (and just so you know I am not opposed to highways, I just finished building one that goes around the entire west side of the bay.)

edited to add: I should point out also that there is a road system already built up here that would require no building near my place at all but it ISNT highway you still need to figure out how to get around sunder. 

I know, I hunt around your deed regularly, that's why i pointed out sooner in the thread that we should just improve the local highway system north of your deed because there are tons of 2 tiles wide roads there and it's not that hard to properly link them and put a few signs pointing toward the boat bridge wherever it is put.

I was going to suggest some small terraformed ramp up the small cliff so we can pass west of  sunder and link to the ramp out of the perimeter there, link it to the hermitage and just put a few signs on the long already existing road on the bay coast up to south of sparta and maybe improve the old road system already there to actually link to where the boat-bridge starts.

Edited by Serpentarius

I know, I hunt around your deed regularly, that's why i pointed out sooner in the thread that we should just improve the local highway system north of your deed because there are tons of 2 tiles wide roads there and it's not that hard to properly link them and put a few signs pointing toward the boat bridge wherever it is put.

I was going to suggest some small terraformed ramp up the small cliff so we can pass west of  sunder and link to the ramp out of the perimeter there, link it to the hermitage and just put a few signs on the long already existing road on the bay coast up to south of sparta and maybe improve the old road system already there to actually link to where the boat-bridge starts.

Going north along the bay goes through Fires Deed.

As samool allready pointed, we have nothing planed, we are just trying to get some ideas and such, so put your fork and torches at a side please.

Is not like someone really started to dig out your place jesus!

That sayd i´m out, i´m far away of wanting to make troubles to people living in the server, just wanted to point a posible solution.

You can continue with your drama without me.

Plan:

Noun: A detailed proposal for doing or achieving something.

Verb: Decide on and arrange in advance.

you guys are planning on things to do and you have plans on the current paths etc. still dont get it? any idea you come up with to do something in the near future is a plan.

so don't go biting my head off for something i said which was correct

Uh oh, the dictionary police are on the loose.

• Like 1

It looks like your proposed plan is well west of my location, but whatever the decision, I'll be happy to donate dirt, surface mining, tunneling or road building to this. As an alternate route - I've already tunneled a large area south of my deed. A tunnel parallel to the mere canal going north and then a highway along the coast to my deed would put you within a a few dozen tiles to the server lines. Most of the tunnel is already made. Just a section from the old Ridge Point to the other side needs to be completed. From the former deed of Ragetown the tunnel continues to my place, exiting on the water.

EDIT:

Actually now that ridge point is gone, there's a straight route of mixed tunnel and surface road from it to the north coast where my place is, except for a section of 10-20 tiles that can be flattened and paved easily.

Edited by Krio
  • Like 1

Northen route from Monestary and or Hermitage to coast is now completed. The coastal access lands between  Silme Aear and Elysium on Updated maps...on older maps it lands between Titanium and Illiad Ridge.

Speak to Serpentarius for further info on it. - My understanding is that the Sunder issue is being worked on or around.

Edited by sunsvortex