Sign in to follow this  
Schiann

Spend Karma To Gain Or Change A Random Affinity

How about letting us spend karma to change an affinity to a new, random affinity, or maybe to gain a whole new (additional) affinity?

Certainly it would need to be a lot of karma - 10k or more, perhaps - but I think there are quite a few folks who would be happy to save up some karma for a new affinity.  Those of us who play primarily on PvE servers would appreciate something like this especially, I think, since we don't have another method to gain new affinities.

• Like 13

Yesss. But i dont think epic should be able to because it would eliminate affinitys as a reward for pvp

As a note, I respect the fact that gaining affinities is a perk of PvP, and I certainly don't want to make something easier than the PvP method; any PvE way of gaining new affinities should be tough.

Yesss. But i dont think epic should be able to because it would eliminate affinitys as a reward for pvp

With the fact there's hundreds of skills, and more always being added, with a maximum of 5 affinities per skill. the likelihood of you getting affinities you want is close to lower than 1%.

yes.

• Like 3

+1 . wanted and would expand the options for us on how to spend Karma as well as chance to get a decent affinity , or atleast something we might be even remotely  interested in. 

Those of us that can't find their affinity would certainly appreciate something like this.

I don't think it would detract from PvP, because a lot of Karma is gained through PvP and it just gives the peep one more affinity that could be taken away.

there are several options possible:

- randomly replace one of your affinities with a new one - needs very small amount of Karma (essentially playing lottery here)

- replace a specific affinity with a new one - needs slightly more Karma (still lottery, but you can protect the affinities you want to keep)

- remove a random/specific affinity with a chosen one - needs a big amount of Karma (a simple trade)

- get an additional random affinity - needs and even bigger amount of Karma (you gain without giving up)

- chose a new affinity - needs an houmongous amount of Karma (you get exactly what you want, but with that amount of Karma you'd deserve it)

I like it, +1, even for epic servers. Make it like 5k karma to choose 1 affinity.

I think it would actually be even more incentive to pvp for affinities since more players will be 'purchasing' affinities that matter. You could hardly call it an incentive in the current system, because what you get from the enemy is random if anything. 80% of the time it's something as worthless as milking. This change would increase the pool of good affinities, making pvp even more rewarding.

Only downside is it could be abused. Karma could be farmed on alts, and specific affinities manually transferred to the killer. Someone with moderate effort could gather 5 weapon smithing affinities on their smithing alt, lock them in deed, and never be at risk of losing them. And that's way more unbalanced than the current random system. So +1 if anyone can think of a way to not abuse.

Now this one actually sounds smart.

+1

Edited by Protunia

-1, would make it extremely easy to stack affinities if it wasn't random, sorta useless if it wasn't.

I like the idea of having the ability to stack an affinity. If I want to be a crafter of whatever.. would be nice for a skill boost.

Ok I can give to this a +1.

But we need a form to avoid this being easily exploited on chaos, since someone can by example use it on Cele, Exo, etc. and then travel to chaos, sell the affinitys and start again.

Ok I can give to this a +1.

But we need a form to avoid this being easily exploited on chaos, since someone can by example use it on Cele, Exo, etc. and then travel to chaos, sell the affinitys and start again.

Put a timer on it.....90 days to use it and has to have premium. :)